{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season tickets on sale 2020/21 (*now on general sale*)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season tickets on sale 2020/21 To existing ticket holder

Postby oldweststander » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:46 pm

It will have to be Ifollow, if possible for me, my seat is not available and I will not be attending until a vaccination becomes available, very sad but I want to be around for the 2021-22 season.

Happy to pay to watch ifollow for the season.

The government are talking trade offs in relation to children returning to school. I cannot see pubs being locked down and then football clubs being allowed spectators in their stadiums?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:24 pm

oldweststander wrote:It will have to be Ifollow, if possible for me, my seat is not available and I will not be attending until a vaccination becomes available, very sad but I want to be around for the 2021-22 season.

Happy to pay to watch ifollow for the season.

The government are talking trade offs in relation to children returning to school. I cannot see pubs being locked down and then football clubs being allowed spectators in their stadiums?

Agree with you there cases rising daily. Newark Sherwood hit bad
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:11 pm

I'm afraid cases will continue to rise with the complete and utter bodge job Boris has made of this from the beginning culminating in the latest announcement that even football clubs that basically play on a park in front of 50 people can't have spectators, yet you can sit in a pub with a load of your mates. Ridiculous.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:34 pm

Dan wrote:I'm afraid cases will continue to rise with the complete and utter bodge job Boris has made of this from the beginning culminating in the latest announcement that even football clubs that basically play on a park in front of 50 people can't have spectators, yet you can sit in a pub with a load of your mates. Ridiculous.

I agree Dan. You can’t watch Tomlinson fall on his arse making a tackle on a football pitch but you can watch him make an arse of himself at the back of the Swan (according to Chander Lear)!

Local grass roots and non-league sides rely on through the gate money more so than us. Spectators at this level aren’t idiots and can be trusted to socially distance so why can’t we watch the games? Amateur clubs ought to be benefiting from the lack of professional football, so why can’t they?

Alternatively, the clubs could circumvent the law by holding an illegal rave, Marxist Lewis Hamilton protest, Bournemouth beach party or organising a trip to Barnard Castle and have a football match break out. But clubs are far too well behaved and would be punished if they did.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:53 pm

Dan wrote:I'm afraid cases will continue to rise with the complete and utter bodge job Boris has made of this from the beginning culminating in the latest announcement that even football clubs that basically play on a park in front of 50 people can't have spectators, yet you can sit in a pub with a load of your mates. Ridiculous.

I'm not familiar with the details, but from what you're saying it sounds fairly sensible. Pubs can enforce social distancing, and have been preparing their small environments to minimise the risk. If their setup can't be made safe then they can't open - not every pub is opening, and they aren't obliged to open. Pubs mostly aren't the type of town centre / troublemaker venue, and those that flout the rules can be shut down without it affecting the other pubs.
Small football clubs run by amateurs don't have the resources to ensure safety, and their enclosed/indoor areas could be ideal for virus transmission (grotty toilets, queues for the snack bar under the mini stand, people ignoring stewards).
On top of which, there are an enormous number of full time careers depending on pub and restaurant businesses, and with no solution on the horizon to the virus we can't just throw all these people to the wolves (and their families, and the ancillary businesses and their employees and families). Whereas very small football clubs could all close down and it would barely register.
I'm no fan of Johnson and Cummings and their ilk, but I'd rather see them attacked for what they clearly did wrong rather than what difficult measures have been brought in to try and stabilise both economy and health.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:23 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:

I agree Dan. You can’t watch Tomlinson fall on his arse making a tackle on a football pitch but you can watch him make an arse of himself at the back of the Swan (according to Chander Lear)!

Local grass roots and non-league sides rely on through the gate money more so than us. Spectators at this level aren’t idiots and can be trusted to socially distance so why can’t we watch the games? Amateur clubs ought to be benefiting from the lack of professional football, so why can’t they?

Alternatively, the clubs could circumvent the law by holding an illegal rave, Marxist Lewis Hamilton protest, Bournemouth beach party or organising a trip to Barnard Castle and have a football match break out. But clubs are far too well behaved and would be punished if they did.

:D :D :D Now thats funny
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:32 pm

Colchester United have issued this statement about crowds. No away fans and rows of seats not being used.

We are making the following assumptions:
No away fans will be allowed to attend which means all sections of the stadium can be used for Colchester United supporters.
The stadium will have to be zoned to ensure those associated with the teams never cross paths with those who are not.
The number of attendees allowed will depend on how active the virus is both locally and nationally and our ability to mitigate its spread.
The numbers may vary at very short notice. The percentages allowed could rise, lower or cease altogether on a match by match basis.
We don’t know how long these measures will have to be in place for.

Tickets would be valid for a specific block, such as S1, but not for a specific seat.
The EFL will also allow streaming as an alternative even for games played at 3pm on a Saturday.
We are making the following seating arrangements to ensure that fans are seated at least 1m apart:
We will allow two blank seats between bubbles.
Every other row would be removed and replaced with a step.
Bubbles will be told that they must arrive together and when they take their seat they will be allowed to select any row but must take the furthest seat in the row that is three seats from first bubble they encounter (leaving a gap of two seats).
We are creating a unique product to deal with the following issues
The initial games for the 2020/21 season will be played behind closed doors.
When fans are allowed in the initial capacity that the governing bodies will permit is likely to be low.
The permitted number of attendees could increase at any time.
The permitted number of attendees could reduce at any time.
Allowing fans into games could be retracted at any time.
The reasons given above make our current ticket options unsuitable and a product that is more flexible is required.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:45 pm

Further info about buying tickets at Colchester. If this system was implemented at Mansfield, Stagsnet would be in meltdown and proper confused.

CUFC Match Permit
To attend a game during the 2020/21 season, a fan will need to purchase a CUFC Match Permit and this will only be available online.

Holders will not be issued with a physical permit but details of their permit will be displayed on their dashboard when they log in to their account on www.colutickets.com. Privilege Card funds can be used as full or part payment for a CUFC Match Permit.

When purchasing a CUFC Match Permit, the fan will be given an option of joining an existing bubble or creating a new bubble.

However, bubbles will be restricted to a maximum of eight people and fans should only join Bubbles if doing so meets the government guidance on social distancing.

Every CUFC Match Permit holder will be given a priority number which will relate to the order they are purchased in and may come in to effect if there is a situation where the number of fans that are allowed to attend is less than the number of Permits sold.

For example, we may initially be allowed 2,500 fans at games and sell 2,500 Permits. However, restriction may be introduced that only allows 1,500 attendees. In that case, only the Permit holders numbered 1 - 1,500 will be allowed to attend.

If the restrictions are more complicated and we have to reduce each block by 20% then for each individual block the 20% of fans with the highest permit holder number will be denied access.

To ensure the Permit Holders know if they can attend a game or not, the system will either send them a Print@Home match ticket 48 hours beforehand or a notice that they can’t attend the game and why not.

The notice will also provide details of how they can still watch the game on iFollow at no cost because whilst a permit holder is being denied access to attend a game, they will be provided with free access to watch Colchester United home and away games on iFollow.

It is likely that a low number of fans will be allowed to attend games initially with more being allowed as time goes by.

Therefore, the permits will be released in batches. Whenever we release a batch of permits, they will offer access to the rest of the season’s fixtures and will be priced using the 2019/20 Early Bird price for each section, multiplying by the number of games remaining and then applying the following discount:

If more than 16 games remaining, 7.5% discount.
If between 15 and 11 games remaining, 5% discount.
If between 10 and 6 games remaining, 2.5% discount.
If 5 or less games remaining, 0% discount.
For example, if an Adult fan purchases a CUFC Match Permit for S1 in the South Stand and there are 21 home games remaining then they will pay £301.09 ((21 x £15.50) * 92.5%.

Prioritising Permit Sales
If the capacity is restricted, especially at first when only a very small percentage are likely to be allowed to watch live games, then it is likely that demand will be greater than supply. Therefore we would apply a priority process for buying online.

Priority 1 - For last season’s Season Ticket/Annual Subscription holders.
Priority 2 - Anyone with Match Credits.
Priority 3 - Anyone with at least £50 loaded on a Privilege Card.
Priority 4 - General Sale.

As described above, each Permit would be given a sequential number and that will be used in the event that attendance to a game has to be provided to fewer fans than there are permit holders.

The sequential numbering will occur as the Permits are purchased so it could be possible that someone who buys on general sale has a higher priority, (a lower number), than a fan who was one of last season’s Season Ticket holders if the latter bought after Priority four sales went online.

It is of course possible that a bubble becomes reduced in size because some members of the bubble are denied access to a game due to their priority number being higher than the permitted number whilst others in the same bubble have a priority number that is lower than the permitted number.

Apologies if this all sounds complicated, but this is a complicated situation and hopefully we can write a more simple explanation in due course.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby snipe » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:45 pm

part time pete wrote:Further info about buying tickets at Colchester. If this system was implemented at Mansfield, Stagsnet would be in meltdown and proper confused.

CUFC Match Permit
To attend a game during the 2020/21 season, a fan will need to purchase a CUFC Match Permit and this will only be available online.

Holders will not be issued with a physical permit but details of their permit will be displayed on their dashboard when they log in to their account on http://www.colutickets.com. Privilege Card funds can be used as full or part payment for a CUFC Match Permit.

When purchasing a CUFC Match Permit, the fan will be given an option of joining an existing bubble or creating a new bubble.

However, bubbles will be restricted to a maximum of eight people and fans should only join Bubbles if doing so meets the government guidance on social distancing.

Every CUFC Match Permit holder will be given a priority number which will relate to the order they are purchased in and may come in to effect if there is a situation where the number of fans that are allowed to attend is less than the number of Permits sold.

For example, we may initially be allowed 2,500 fans at games and sell 2,500 Permits. However, restriction may be introduced that only allows 1,500 attendees. In that case, only the Permit holders numbered 1 - 1,500 will be allowed to attend.

If the restrictions are more complicated and we have to reduce each block by 20% then for each individual block the 20% of fans with the highest permit holder number will be denied access.

To ensure the Permit Holders know if they can attend a game or not, the system will either send them a Print@Home match ticket 48 hours beforehand or a notice that they can’t attend the game and why not.

The notice will also provide details of how they can still watch the game on iFollow at no cost because whilst a permit holder is being denied access to attend a game, they will be provided with free access to watch Colchester United home and away games on iFollow.

It is likely that a low number of fans will be allowed to attend games initially with more being allowed as time goes by.

Therefore, the permits will be released in batches. Whenever we release a batch of permits, they will offer access to the rest of the season’s fixtures and will be priced using the 2019/20 Early Bird price for each section, multiplying by the number of games remaining and then applying the following discount:

For example, if an Adult fan purchases a CUFC Match Permit for S1 in the South Stand and there are 21 home games remaining then they will pay £301.09 ((21 x £15.50) * 92.5%.

If the capacity is restricted, especially at first when only a very small percentage are likely to be allowed to watch live games, then it is likely that demand will be greater than supply. Therefore we would apply a priority process for buying online.

As described above, each Permit would be given a sequential number and that will be used in the event that attendance to a game has to be provided to fewer fans than there are permit holders.

The sequential numbering will occur as the Permits are purchased so it could be possible that someone who buys on general sale has a higher priority, (a lower number), than a fan who was one of last season’s Season Ticket holders if the latter bought after Priority four sales went online.

It is of course possible that a bubble becomes reduced in size because some members of the bubble are denied access to a game due to their priority number being higher than the permitted number whilst others in the same bubble have a priority number that is lower than the permitted number.

Apologies if this all sounds complicated, but this is a complicated situation and hopefully we can write a more simple explanation in due course.

Think I'll take the dog a walk
snipe
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby FarnieStag » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:20 pm

Lots of people on here have previously declared that they won't go back to Field Mill until a vaccine is discovered. Despite Russia's recent claims, it's highly unlikely one will come soon (maybe never), so we have to start getting back to normal. If we don't there will be no MTFC to come back anyway.
I've got into trouble with lots on here for declaring these thoughts back in April, so will tread carefully but I find it baffling that now deaths have fallen to lower levels than this time last year, people are now terrifying themselves about cases. The more you test the more cases you will find! (this virus will be with us in some form for years). I work for test and trace on a mobile unit based out of Lincoln and can assure you that we are now performing far more tests than we did back at the height of the pandemic, so consequently we will find more cases. The government are using questionable statistics to continue project fear - this will come back to bite them when they start telling civil servants to get back to the office.
It will be safe to attend Field Mill in September. As I've previously said on Stagsnet, if you're otherwise in OK health you will have a higher statistical chance of having a serious accident on the way to the Stags than you will have of contracting Covid-19 at Field Mill and it proving fatal.

p.s. if any concerned Staggies out there are showing symptoms, we often have self-test teams at West Notts Colllege and Bulwell Morrisons. You do not have to book online before, you can just turn up on the day (providing you have ID). You don't need to drive-in ... you can turn up on foot.
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bigalstag1 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:46 pm

At last, somebody talking sense. Can't believe how many people want to cower in a corner, forever. Can't wait to get back to watching some football,soon
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:49 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:At last, somebody talking sense. Can't believe how many people want to cower in a corner, forever. Can't wait to get back to watching some football,soon

I don't think it's about cowering in a corner, it's people being mindful of their health and not wanting to risk catching a deadly disease which is still going around the world and this country
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:03 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:At last, somebody talking sense. Can't believe how many people want to cower in a corner, forever. Can't wait to get back to watching some football,soon
Whatever happened to protecting the NHS.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:07 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

The tills stopped ringing
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:21 pm

The One wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

The tills stopped ringing

Pretty much.

the country can’t afford another lock down.

From a certain perspective it’d be financially viable to let it come round again, kill off some old folk and save lots of money in the long run.

Obviously that is a hypothetical basis of BJ and DC And not my own view.

If there are folk out there that don’t feel comfortable going because of the situation, good for them. I miss football as much as the next person, but if fans can’t attend for however long to save lives then however annoying fair play
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:53 am

Mansfield has a very low number of cases registered compared to the surrounding areas.I consider myself to be highly unlikely to bump in to a person who can give me the virus.The people who I regularly mix with are of similar age and adhere to the rules.The number of deaths and new cases seems to be getting lower.Long may that continue.I am a season ticket holder and would feel safe attending a match at the present time.If I have to watch the games on i-follow then that's ok too.Watched the Peterborough game but didn't see anything to impress apart from Sinclair who must surely be given a chance.I hope we keep Cook as he is a goalscorer at this level.Not sure about Bowery though.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:40 am

geoffhill wrote:Mansfield has a very low number of cases registered compared to the surrounding areas.I consider myself to be highly unlikely to bump in to a person who can give me the virus.The people who I regularly mix with are of similar age and adhere to the rules.The number of deaths and new cases seems to be getting lower.Long may that continue.I am a season ticket holder and would feel safe attending a match at the present time.If I have to watch the games on i-follow then that's ok too.Watched the Peterborough game but didn't see anything to impress apart from Sinclair who must surely be given a chance.I hope we keep Cook as he is a goalscorer at this level.Not sure about Bowery though.

The number of deaths have miraculously gone down by over 5,000. However, the number of new cases are increasing, in line with France,Germany and Spain.
I applaud those who have bought season tickets and those who are hoping to buy them. It will be i Follow for me until I'm confident things are under control.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby KJW STAG » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:54 am

Amber Andy wrote:
geoffhill wrote:Mansfield has a very low number of cases registered compared to the surrounding areas.I consider myself to be highly unlikely to bump in to a person who can give me the virus.The people who I regularly mix with are of similar age and adhere to the rules.The number of deaths and new cases seems to be getting lower.Long may that continue.I am a season ticket holder and would feel safe attending a match at the present time.If I have to watch the games on i-follow then that's ok too.Watched the Peterborough game but didn't see anything to impress apart from Sinclair who must surely be given a chance.I hope we keep Cook as he is a goalscorer at this level.Not sure about Bowery though.

The number of deaths have miraculously gone down by over 5,000. However, the number of new cases are increasing, in line with France,Germany and Spain.
I applaud those who have bought season tickets and those who are hoping to buy them. It will be i Follow for me until I'm confident things are under control.

Thankful the players get to play and at least we can watch i follow until let back into the ground .
That is going to be coming up to winter time and will give us some idea if numbers are going to start to rise again.
Not a ST holder so when things get better i will be back or watching online :)
KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Jimstag » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:58 am

Gave the club the cash out of principle, I’d love to be there sooner rather than later and agree there’s little difference between that and other things we are allowed to do. Whether that is right or wrong is something separate but if they are going to run with the policy that the economy is more important than lives why shut down sports and leisure vs retail and pubs?
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:01 am

With ifollow now covering home & away games its more ideal for myself & our small band of followers in Cornwall .
When & if this virus relaxes , we will be able to make the travel outside our county to watch our beloved Stags ... COYS
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby The One » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:34 am

Amber Andy wrote:

Cases up because of more testing and targetted testing in the places under restricted measures ,The North West, Leicester, Parts of Yorkshire and even Newark where there has been a flare up.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sharp » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:44 am

I've got a Season Ticket, but in my mind I've purchased it to give something to the club, keep them sustainable and becuase I'm in the lucky positon of being able to afford that. I realise many aren't and don't make that statement to say "look at me".

I hope that we can start retruning to the stadium by October - but in the back of my I can't see it, so have purchased the ST with a clear understanding in my mind of what it probably means.

I can't say I am looking forward to the new season, as so many of the things that make football worth attending will be missing, we're around 4 weeks away and there's not the normal buzz at the moment. Hopefully that will change.

Congratulations to Colchester on coming up with the single most craziest way of dealing with ticketing I've yet to see! That must have taken a few Zoom calls to reach it's final state :D
Sharp
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby london amber stag » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:28 am

I really do applaud all the fans who have bought a season ticket for this year without knowing when they can return to the Mill. This will provide much needed finances for the club in these unstable times.
Living outside the area, I have come to the conclusion that it will only be be possible to watch on Ifollow for this season unless circumstances change. This will be an added bonus for me as I will be unable to attend any home or away matches under the current rules. Until a vaccine is found, this will be the ‘new normal for football‘.

I cannot wait until we can all meet up again following our beloved Stags around the country. This will indeed be a very unusual season in the history of football. I will be happy to see the Stags improve results but I do not expect promotion as this is very much a season of rebuilding the squad.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:48 am

part time pete wrote:Further info about buying tickets at Colchester. If this system was implemented at Mansfield, Stagsnet would be in meltdown and proper confused.

CUFC Match Permit

Holders will not be issued with a physical permit but details of their permit will be displayed on their dashboard when they log in to their account on http://www.colutickets.com. Privilege Card funds can be used as full or part payment for a CUFC Match Permit.

Brilliant, very fair to their fans and fully transparent.
Fan cards recording match credits is a good way of ensuring fans who attend more are prioritised at a level just below season tickets.
CUFC have proved to be forward thinking albeit some will be confused initially but it is not rocket science.
Some clubs (cough) would just like to sell full price season tickets with no chance of any refunds (the consolation being a free match pass if unable to attend is not everyone's cup of tea, a family of four each purchasing season tickets would only have to purchase one match pass for all to watch if locked out!!)
If I was a CUFC fan I think I would go for that but I am not going for our scheme this time.
Out of interest anyone know how many season tickets we have sold so far?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:31 pm

Government has announced this evening that pilot events are restarting with a view to fans being allowed in from 1 Oct.

"If the pilots are a success the government says it could lead to other sports venues being opened to socially-distanced fans from 1 October."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/53771656
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum