{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season tickets on sale 2020/21 (*now on general sale*)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season tickets on sale 2020/21 To existing ticket holder

Postby west country stag » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:48 am

Martin Shaw wrote:Government has announced this evening that pilot events are restarting with a view to fans being allowed in from 1 Oct.

"If the pilots are a success the government says it could lead to other sports venues being opened to socially-distanced fans from 1 October."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/53771656

I really hope that this comes a reality in October , like all other clubs do , rely on matchday income … as long as this virus is taken seriously ...
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:18 am

from The Times today:

The Sports Grounds Safety Authority has said stadiums will be between 17 per cent and 33 per cent full when spectators are permitted to return while maintaining social distancing, and are expected to be around 25 per cent full on average. Some sports bodies are hoping that other measures, such as health “passports” showing recent negative Covid-19 tests, might allow more flexibility around capacity.

In his guidance to event organisers for the return of fans, Ken Scott, the SGSA’s head of inspectorate, accepts that such reduced capacities will not be popular.

He said: “The safe capacities permitted to enter social-distanced sporting events may not be set at levels that will appeal to all but it is a major step in the right direction.”

The requirements that event organisers must comply with are hugely complicated, covering every area from entry points, distancing in seating areas, and ensuring no queues or gathering in concourses. Organisers have also been told they need to plan for fans breaking social-distancing rules during celebrations such as when a goal is scored in a football match.

“Risks associated with moments of celebration and high excitement will have to be evaluated,” Scott said.

Football’s authorities are hoping that all 92 league clubs will each be permitted to hold a trial event before October 1 but it remains unclear whether the government will agree to that.

Spectators will have to carry out a personal risk assessment to judge themselves whether they should attend and will be expected to wear face masks.

Scott added: “I am confident that in these strange times fans will observe the requests of any operators and maintain social distancing on arrival, throughout the event and leaving at the end. We know it is absolutely crucial to many smaller venues which rely totally on spectators for their very existence.”
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby oldweststander » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:54 am

bigalstag1 wrote:At last, somebody talking sense. Can't believe how many people want to cower in a corner, forever. Can't wait to get back to watching some football,soon

Very unhappy about " cowering in a corner" but what will be will be.

I love my football and my family and I'm not prepared to risk their lives and others to attend a risky event like a football match. God knows,how they will get people in and out of the, One Call safely?

Happy to pay for ifollow, should it be made available.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:08 am

Martin Shaw wrote:from The Times today:

The Sports Grounds Safety Authority has said stadiums will be between 17 per cent and 33 per cent full when spectators are permitted to return while maintaining social distancing, and are expected to be around 25 per cent full on average. Some sports bodies are hoping that other measures, such as health “passports” showing recent negative Covid-19 tests, might allow more flexibility around capacity.

In his guidance to event organisers for the return of fans, Ken Scott, the SGSA’s head of inspectorate, accepts that such reduced capacities will not be popular.

He said: “The safe capacities permitted to enter social-distanced sporting events may not be set at levels that will appeal to all but it is a major step in the right direction.”

The requirements that event organisers must comply with are hugely complicated, covering every area from entry points, distancing in seating areas, and ensuring no queues or gathering in concourses. Organisers have also been told they need to plan for fans breaking social-distancing rules during celebrations such as when a goal is scored in a football match.

“Risks associated with moments of celebration and high excitement will have to be evaluated,” Scott said.

Football’s authorities are hoping that all 92 league clubs will each be permitted to hold a trial event before October 1 but it remains unclear whether the government will agree to that.

Spectators will have to carry out a personal risk assessment to judge themselves whether they should attend and will be expected to wear face masks.

Scott added: “I am confident that in these strange times fans will observe the requests of any operators and maintain social distancing on arrival, throughout the event and leaving at the end. We know it is absolutely crucial to many smaller venues which rely totally on spectators for their very existence.”

Where is the 'eating popcorn' emoji when you need it ?
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:24 am

oldweststander wrote:
bigalstag1 wrote:At last, somebody talking sense. Can't believe how many people want to cower in a corner, forever. Can't wait to get back to watching some football,soon

I love my football and my family and I'm not prepared to risk their lives and others to attend a risky event like a football match. God knows,how they will get people in and out of the, One Call safely?

Brilliant OWS. Family always comes first. I would love to go but not until it’s safe. I agree with you totally.
I wonder if ifollow will be available for all games? For everyone!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:27 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:from The Times today:

Where is the 'eating popcorn' emoji when you need it ?

Same place as the greedy bar steward, I want extra refund emoji ;)
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:24 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
oldweststander wrote:

Brilliant OWS. Family always comes first. I would love to go but not until it’s safe. I agree with you totally.
I wonder if ifollow will be available for all games? For everyone!

Dont know about i follow being available in the uk ,my yearly pass has just come through for renewal,its gone up from 110 pounds last season to 140 pounds this year ,still great value but still a near 30% increase ,ah well my beers cheap
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:49 pm

As we get closer to the season starting and hopefully fans in the Mill at the beginning of October.,does anyone know how many st have been sold
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby frt1987 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:45 pm

We’re not going to have a vaccine anytime soon so there will be slight risk in attending games.

But there is also that same risk when going to work, getting on public transport, going shopping, going out for a meal or going to the pub etc

Seeing as I would spend 2 hours per fortnight at a match and about 50 hours a week doing the other activities, I will attend games when I am able to do so.

If not , then I can forget this season and maybe next season by the time a vaccine has been tried, tested approved and then made available to the public
Last edited by frt1987 on Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frt1987
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:48 pm

frt1987 wrote:We’re not going to have a vaccine anytime soon so there will be slight risk in attending games.

But there is also that same risk when going to work, getting on public transport, going shopping, going out for a meal or going to the pub etc

Seeing as I would spend 2 hours per fortnight at a match and about 50 hours a week doing the other activities, I will attend games when I am able to do so.

If not , then I can forget this season and maybe next season by them time a vaccine has been tried, tested approved and then made available to the public

Don’t worry, Russia tried a vaccine on 1 monkey last week and apparently it works :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:35 pm

No queuing or gatherings?
Do you have to book a toilet appointment at half time?

It must be a nightmare for MTFC to try and think of ways to implement very difficult rules.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:51 pm

adamstag wrote:
frt1987 wrote:We’re not going to have a vaccine anytime soon so there will be slight risk in attending games.

If not , then I can forget this season and maybe next season by them time a vaccine has been tried, tested approved and then made available to the public

Don’t worry, Russia tried a vaccine on 1 monkey last week and apparently it works :lol:

Looking at the news, it seems Russia are still dab hands when it comes to poisoning people
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:51 pm

Will there be a waiting list for those who didn’t have a ST last year but would like one this? Surely they’ll be some that won’t renew for covid/financial/other reasons?
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:54 pm

oldweststander wrote:
adamstag wrote:

Looking at the news, it seems Russia are still dab hands when it comes to poisoning people

Quite :shock:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:49 am

That's good news, as it's the next best thing.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:31 am

I applaud this move, happy to pay around a tenner a game.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:36 am

Note this bit

The money raised by the streaming fees will be kept by whichever club sells the service in the Championship.

A more complex revenue-sharing formula will be applied in League One and League Two due to the big disparity in clubs' respective fanbases.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:45 am

Note this bit

[quote]The money raised by the streaming fees will be kept by whichever club sells the service in the Championship.

A more complex revenue-sharing formula will be applied in League One and League Two due to the big disparity in clubs' respective income.
Last edited by Parkinsons Perm on Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:50 am

Why would Sunderland not want to keep 100% of the streams that they sell like in the Championship?

I think that’s in place to help smaller clubs, not bigger. .
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:59 am

Martin Shaw wrote:

Note this bit

The money raised by the streaming fees will be kept by whichever club sells the service in the Championship.

A more complex revenue-sharing formula will be applied in League One and League Two due to the big disparity in clubs' respective fanbases.

to clarify one thing in case there is any confusion. Sky are not doing the streaming. The streaming will still be on iFollow.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sneag » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:00 am

Conker wrote:Why would Sunderland not want to keep 100% of the streams that they sell like in the Championship?

Agreed, I think that disadvantages Sunderland who have a bigger fanbase that anyone in the Championship & a good chunk of the Prem. They will have to split their revenue with clubs like Accrington & Fleetwood.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:23 am

Sneag wrote:
Conker wrote:Why would Sunderland not want to keep 100% of the streams that they sell like in the Championship?

Agreed, I think that disadvantages Sunderland who have a bigger fanbase that anyone in the Championship & a good chunk of the Prem. They will have to split their revenue with clubs like Accrington & Fleetwood.

But with a salary cap now in place they wouldn't be able to spend it all anyway, so they may as well share it around. ;)
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:55 am

What's happened to iFollow? Has their contract come to an end?

iFollow is not working on desktop at the moment.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:02 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:What's happened to iFollow? Has their contract come to an end?

iFollow is not working on desktop at the moment.

Think Martin said its down for maintainance ?
The One
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum