{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Kris Commons on Notts TV

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Kris Commons on Notts TV

Postby Stoney » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:34 pm

Big yella wrote:
oldnic wrote:Can remember bloke from Heartbeat, Bill?

Steven Blakeley (PC Geoff Younger) is from Bolsover though no idea if he is a Stag or an inbred sheep botherer.

He's not a football fan. Lives at Scarcliffe.
Stoney
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3249
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:25 pm
Location: Bolsover.

Re: Kris Commons on Notts TV

Postby Big yella » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:05 am

Stoney wrote:
Big yella wrote:
oldnic wrote:Can remember bloke from Heartbeat, Bill?

Steven Blakeley (PC Geoff Younger) is from Bolsover though no idea if he is a Stag or an inbred sheep botherer.

He's not a football fan. Lives at Scarcliffe.

An inbred sheep botherer then ;) :lol: :lol:
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4395
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Kris Commons on Notts TV

Postby ParisStag » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:06 am

yorkshire stag wrote:Richard Bacon Radio presenter apparently bet he’s been to ermmm loads of games / not


I bumped into him in a bar on 2004 and asked him if he'd been to the play off final at Cardiff. He said "I couldn't get a ticket". Says it all.
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5123
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Kris Commons on Notts TV

Postby Chris M » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:22 am

Leonard Fenton, who played Doctor Legg in Eastenders. Not sure the connection to Stags as born in London. Saw him at Wembley in 1987. Remember reading a newspaper story at the time about his affiliation to MTFC.
User avatar
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Kris Commons on Notts TV

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:54 am

yorkshire stag wrote:Richard Bacon Radio presenter apparently bet he’s been to ermmm loads of games / not

He’s never been a Stags fan :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Kris Commons on Notts TV

Postby Amberheart » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:45 am

Kriss Commons is a Mansfield lad I’m pleased he brings his kids to watch the Stags
We dream the same dream,we want the same thing
User avatar
Amberheart
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3130
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:31 pm

Re: Kris Commons on Notts TV

Postby Stockportstag » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:51 am

The One wrote:
oldnic wrote:Can remember bloke from Heartbeat, Bill?


Maynard


Wasn't he related to Paul Mathew's?
Stockportstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 738
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:44 am

Re: Kris Commons on Notts TV

Postby oldnic » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:48 pm

Sat close to Dr Legg in 1987,, he was in the Stags fans seats.
oldnic
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:41 am

Re: Kris Commons on Notts TV

Postby robeyre » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:38 pm

Id forgotten about notts TV. It seems to have disappeared from my freeview!!
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 10:04 am

Re: Kris Commons on Notts TV

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:24 am

Stockportstag wrote:
The One wrote:
oldnic wrote:Can remember bloke from Heartbeat, Bill?


Maynard


Wasn't he related to Paul Mathew's?

Dunno why but I thought it was Ray Clarke
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 14533
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Kris Commons on Notts TV

Postby victor A block » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:35 am

Amber Andy wrote:
victor A block wrote:Daley Thompson ? No idea why .
Maybe due to giving him a run in our reserves.


Well if true that's totally ridiculous. The last thing we needed to do was give him a run. Who the hell was coaching?. We should have been checking his ball control, tackling ability and passing.
victor A block
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1509
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:25 pm

Re: Kris Commons on Notts TV

Postby oldweststander » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:40 am

victor A block wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
victor A block wrote:Daley Thompson ? No idea why .
Maybe due to giving him a run in our reserves.


Well if true that's totally ridiculous. The last thing we needed to do was give him a run. Who the hell was coaching?. We should have been checking his ball control, tackling ability and passing.


It is true, Andy King put him on the first team bench for a game at Walsall, I was there around 1996 at a guess.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3462
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: Kris Commons on Notts TV

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:56 am

oldweststander wrote:
victor A block wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
victor A block wrote:Daley Thompson ? No idea why .
Maybe due to giving him a run in our reserves.


Well if true that's totally ridiculous. The last thing we needed to do was give him a run. Who the hell was coaching?. We should have been checking his ball control, tackling ability and passing.


It is true, Andy King put him on the first team bench for a game at Walsall, I was there around 1996 at a guess.

see https://stagsnet.net/vintage/reports/daley.htm
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 20309
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Kris Commons on Notts TV

Postby Big yella » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:16 pm

victor A block wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
victor A block wrote:Daley Thompson ? No idea why .
Maybe due to giving him a run in our reserves.


Well if true that's totally ridiculous. The last thing we needed to do was give him a run. Who the hell was coaching?. We should have been checking his ball control, tackling ability and passing.

I believe he was used as a fitness coach, and I've got a feeling that in the pre 'got to have a licence to fart' days, he was pretty well qualified for the role.
Olympic Decathlon Champion x2
World Decathlon Champion
European Decathlon Champion x2
Commonwealth Decathlon Champion x3
World Decathlon Record Holder x3

P.S. It was also a pretty good publicity stunt/profile raiser for the club.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4395
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Kris Commons on Notts TV

Postby Sneag » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:27 pm

Big yella wrote:
victor A block wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
victor A block wrote:Daley Thompson ? No idea why .
Maybe due to giving him a run in our reserves.


Well if true that's totally ridiculous. The last thing we needed to do was give him a run. Who the hell was coaching?. We should have been checking his ball control, tackling ability and passing.

I believe he was used as a fitness coach, and I've got a feeling that in the pre 'got to have a licence to fart' days, he was pretty well qualified for the role.
Olympic Decathlon Champion x2
World Decathlon Champion
European Decathlon Champion x2
Commonwealth Decathlon Champion x3
World Decathlon Record Holder x3

P.S. It was also a pretty good publicity stunt/profile raiser for the club.


I watched him play (& score) in the reserves one night. There were about 500 there mostly to see Daley Thompson.

He could run fast & he took his goal well, but as a footballer, he was an excellent decathlete. Still not even close to being in the top 10 worst players I've seen play for Stags.
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8938
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Kris Commons on Notts TV

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:38 pm

Sneag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
victor A block wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
victor A block wrote:Daley Thompson ? No idea why .
Maybe due to giving him a run in our reserves.


Well if true that's totally ridiculous. The last thing we needed to do was give him a run. Who the hell was coaching?. We should have been checking his ball control, tackling ability and passing.

I believe he was used as a fitness coach, and I've got a feeling that in the pre 'got to have a licence to fart' days, he was pretty well qualified for the role.
Olympic Decathlon Champion x2
World Decathlon Champion
European Decathlon Champion x2
Commonwealth Decathlon Champion x3
World Decathlon Record Holder x3

P.S. It was also a pretty good publicity stunt/profile raiser for the club.


I watched him play (& score) in the reserves one night. There were about 500 there mostly to see Daley Thompson.

He could run fast & he took his goal well, but as a footballer, he was an excellent decathlete. Still not even close to being in the top 10 worst players I've seen play for Stags.


Would have been better with Tessa Sanderson :lol: :lol:
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5898
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Kris Commons on Notts TV

Postby SidneyOttewell » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:47 pm

Chris M wrote:Leonard Fenton, who played Doctor Legg in Eastenders. Not sure the connection to Stags as born in London. Saw him at Wembley in 1987. Remember reading a newspaper story at the time about his affiliation to MTFC.


Is Leonard Fenton, Shane Fenton's Dad? :)
User avatar
SidneyOttewell
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:25 pm
Location: Mansfield

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Billy the fish, Captain Cunno, grufti, James, Kenwood, Opus, Sneag, Stagsfan11, w12stag, Walton Stag, west country stag and 79 guests