{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New special-edition shirt, all profits to the NHS

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New special-edition shirt, all profits to the NHS

Postby Sneag » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:23 am

Sedgwick wrote:
Sneag wrote:Of the £30 what is the NHS's cut?

£30

All profits isn't the same as £30.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag on the Beach » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:40 am

IMHO, it'd have looked better on a white shirt with blue trim.
Stag on the Beach
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:56 am

Everyone has turned into Gok Wan.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:20 am

Ironic as Id look better naked than in that shirt
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:25 am

...... £29.50
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:24 am

bellwhiff wrote:Everyone has turned into Gok Wan.

So people aren't allowed to comment on what the shirt actually looks like?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:26 am

I’d like to know why if Boris got rid of trust deficits in an instant people need to fund it like a charity. Also speaking to an NHS worker during this pandemic and they said they’d never had it so easy! Only frontline Covid staff have struggled. Even A&E hasn’t had that many folk coming in. They’ve had hardly any people to deal with in months. Very strange but unsurprising I suppose.
Either way it’s a great gesture and I think it looks good.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:49 am

Last edited by HitchcocksShins on Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:51 am

Sneag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

£30

All profits isn't the same as £30.

Ah good point.... club probably buys the shirts for around £10-15 they're worth about £3 :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:55 am

It doesn't look great, it's hardly offensively bad. And it is for a good cause. Why not replace this season's blue chevron with a rainbow design though? That'd look better IMO.
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby Stafford » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:25 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:I’d like to know why if Boris got rid of trust deficits in an instant people need to fund it like a charity. Also speaking to an NHS worker during this pandemic and they said they’d never had it so easy! Only frontline Covid staff have struggled. Even A&E hasn’t had that many folk coming in. They’ve had hardly any people to deal with in months. Very strange but unsurprising I suppose.

I work in IT at QMC, and I can tell you that's partially true. People have been pulled in from everywhere to work on frontline Covid, and huge numbers of medical staff have been involved in all the research going on too. We've had a lot of work on with Covid related stuff too in the ICT department in trying to make things easier for the medical staff.
First Stags game:

Stags 0 - 0 Exeter City
April 24, 1993
Stafford
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:27 pm

Stafford wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:I’d like to know why if Boris got rid of trust deficits in an instant people need to fund it like a charity. Also speaking to an NHS worker during this pandemic and they said they’d never had it so easy! Only frontline Covid staff have struggled. Even A&E hasn’t had that many folk coming in. They’ve had hardly any people to deal with in months. Very strange but unsurprising I suppose.

I work in IT at QMC, and I can tell you that's partially true. People have been pulled in from everywhere to work on frontline Covid, and huge numbers of medical staff have been involved in all the research going on too. We've had a lot of work on with Covid related stuff too in the ICT department in trying to make things easier for the medical staff.

Keep up the good work mate. Do you like the shirt?
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Stafford » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:11 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Stafford wrote:

Keep up the good work mate. Do you like the shirt?

Thanks buddy.

I like the idea behind it and will probably buy it as it's for the NHS, but it's not my favourite design by any stretch of the imagination, but like other posters have said, that's not the point.
First Stags game:

Stags 0 - 0 Exeter City
April 24, 1993
Stafford
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:23 pm

My wife works on a ward at KMH and it’s been no easier on there during the pandemic.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stafford » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:29 pm

Hon Sec wrote:

My wife works on a ward at KMH and it’s been no easier on there during the pandemic.

I presume because they're understaffed on the ward due to most medical staff being pulled onto Covid wards?
First Stags game:

Stags 0 - 0 Exeter City
April 24, 1993
Stafford
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:50 pm

Stafford wrote:
Hon Sec wrote:

I presume because they're understaffed on the ward due to most medical staff being pulled onto Covid wards?

Only on Stagsnet could a thread about saying thank you and raising money for the NHS could it turn in to a debate about how hard they've worked through a global pandemic. :crazy: :crazy:
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:04 pm

Big yella wrote:
Stafford wrote:
Hon Sec wrote:

Only on Stagsnet could a thread about saying thank you and raising money for the NHS could it turn in to a debate about how hard they've worked through a global pandemic. :crazy: :crazy:

Initially I was raising the question as to why when we all pay stamp, the government can’t fund the NHS better. I love this idea and am happy to buy and help the NHS, but we shouldn’t need to. Stop sending foreign aid to militant countries and plough more into our hospital infrastructure. I would even pay more if they did.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:49 pm

I would presume that, similar to Capt Tom's fundraising, this money isn't going into running the NHS, rather it will be going to NHS charities.
eggy
Manager
Manager

Re: New shirt

Postby Dan » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:27 pm

Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:You wouldn't walk round with a dog turd on your shoulder just because it was for a good cause though would you?

Take the rainbow off and it's a very smart kit frankly.

But it’s not a dog turd so that analogy is bull.

Or dogdo if you prefer. :)

I quite like it. But at some point the gays are going to want their rainbow back. :)

We might gain a few extra LGBT fans from it.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:42 pm

Whatever the Radfords and board do is criticised, come on people positivity please there will always be a difference of opinion buts let's not be negative and critical of others. Bury fans would love to be having these talking points. I am coming on this website less and less now, not because of differing opinions but the responses to opinions you don't agree with.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Billy the fish » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:01 pm

Terrible design and be surprised if they shift any of these which is a pity of a course well deserving..
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:24 pm

eggy wrote:I would presume that, similar to Capt Tom's fundraising, this money isn't going into running the NHS, rather it will be going to NHS charities.

yes.

Carolyn has posted:

Very proud to be supporting our NHS heroes with this special limited edition kit. All proceeds going to NHS Charities Together. Thank you for your tireless work we love you all @mansfieldtownfc @nhscharitiestogether @nhswebsite @ Mansfield Town Football Club
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby adamstag » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:26 pm

Looks great and well done to the club. They’re being forward thinking and doing something in assistance of the NHS. The design maybe not as good as it could be - but it’s still decent.

I’m sure there’s still some bigoted dinosaurs out there scared of rainbow colours :lol:
Last edited by adamstag on Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:28 pm

Oh look. Politics.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Re: New shirt

Postby adamstag » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:51 pm

Dan wrote:
Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:You wouldn't walk round with a dog turd on your shoulder just because it was for a good cause though would you?

Take the rainbow off and it's a very smart kit frankly.

But it’s not a dog turd so that analogy is bull.

Or dogdo if you prefer. :)

I quite like it. But at some point the gays are going to want their rainbow back. :)

We might gain a few extra LGBT fans from it.

Exactly, a progressive, forward thinking stance. That the NHS benefit - something each and everyone of us will use in our lifetimes is excellent
adamstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum