{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New special-edition shirt, all profits to the NHS

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New special-edition shirt, all profits to the NHS

Postby Spiritater » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:28 pm

I reckon if we'd got Nike, Umbro etc as kit supplier and they'd produced a shytty brown string vest with few coloured stripes painted on some folk on here'd want the designer knighted... cos it's got the Nike/Umbro name on it.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:51 pm

I think most folk would understand that the rainbow colours don’t just reflect the NHS, it reflects minorities, it reflects hope, it reflects progression and not least that Mansfield have gone out of their way to do this which should be applauded.

It’s confusing and a little sad that some folk seem to have a negative view on something which is only meant positively by our owners for both the NHS but for others too.

Maybe there are still some out there who don’t want to support the NHS, aren’t willing to accept minorities and hope for all. Hopefully that isn’t isn’t the case though, maybe a generation ago? Such retarded views surely aren’t still out there?

Well done to the owners of MTFC for doing what they’ve done, anyone normal will see the positive benefit of the kit
Last edited by adamstag on Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:56 pm

adamstag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:I reckon if we'd got Nike, Umbro etc as kit supplier and they'd produced a shytty brown string vest with few coloured stripes painted on some folk on here'd want the designer knighted... cos it's got the Nike/Umbro name on it.

I think most folk would understand that the rainbow colours don’t just reflect the NHS, it reflects minorities, it reflects hope, it reflects progression and not least that Mansfield have gone out of their way to do this which should be applauded.

It’s confusing and a little sad that some folk seem to have a negative view on something which is only meant positively by our owners for both the NHS but for others too.

Maybe there are still some out there who don’t want to support the NHS, aren’t willing to accept minorities and hope for all. Hopefully that isn’t isn’t the case though, maybe a generation ago? Such retarded views surely aren’t still out there?

That must go in the post of the year award category ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:19 am

Not my cup of tea, but the gesture is a good one.

Would have thought the team would wear it for more than one game however for it to gain more traction and publicity, hence raise more money.

The current kit has been worn for the majority of a disappointing season so it's not like we wouldn't be happy to see the back of it for a while.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:21 am

The One wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:I reckon if we'd got Nike, Umbro etc as kit supplier and they'd produced a shytty brown string vest with few coloured stripes painted on some folk on here'd want the designer knighted... cos it's got the Nike/Umbro name on it.

That must go in the post of the year award category ?

Seconded.

Sorry if my comment came across negative, and I will be ordering one. But there is a sad history of charity 'overheads' running at a very high % of donations recieved.
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:31 pm

As the shirt is bought through the Sturidge website I would have thought none of the monies will go through the club at all. Let’s hope Sturidge play the game and pass on all the ‘profit’ to NHS charities but as Stu said it will be interesting if we get told how much was raised and how many shirts sold.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:39 pm

Should wear it in every home game that’s behind closed doors and revert to normal home kit when fans back in stadium
yellowstagsfan
First Team
First Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:20 pm

:D New kit going well

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum