{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

update from John & Carolyn Radford

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: update from John & Carolyn Radford

Postby Nottsstag100 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:46 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Nottsstag100 wrote:Has anyone got through via telephone, as every time I try to call it repeats a message that they are closed, therefore I can't renew my season ticket,
if anyone sees this and is going to the ground would appreciate it if you could ask,

thanks

Has anyone actually got through to the office?
called many times and am left ringing and then back to the recorded message for over 25 minutes

shall I try again tomorrow :lol:
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:47 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Been told this morning plans are going forward to house limited away fans on the bishop street side as the north stand will be for season ticket holders should we require social distancing... any truth in that anyone know?

Pulling down the bishop street stand and putting up a temporary stand wouldn't look too bad imo.

They’ve already said home fans will be housed in north stand. Not heard anything to say away fans will be allowed to attend.

Makes sense to social distance the crowd
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:11 pm

With a really heavy heart I cannot come round to paying up front for a renewed ST this coming season.

Yes I am not concerned about getting a refund for last seasons missed matches. Stuff happened.

And with the prospect of not knowing how many matches are played behind closed doors and not being able to attend is saddening.

And..... with the prospect of a potential lockdown for the over 50's (I'm well over that btw) - pure 'speculation' stated today responded a government spokesperson (just testing the waters on their part methinks or am I being too suspicious?!) doesn't help - I cannot find or able to muster to getting down the Mill for some time. Full of admiration for those who will go back but I cannot.

Not expecting sympathy from many on here but with an expected spike (it'll all be fine by Christmas - paraphrased - said BJ!) I do not have confidence in things for some time. When 'things' level out I hope to be back.

We'll see.
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkstag » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:25 pm

Nottsstag100 wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Nottsstag100 wrote:Has anyone got through via telephone, as every time I try to call it repeats a message that they are closed, therefore I can't renew my season ticket,
if anyone sees this and is going to the ground would appreciate it if you could ask,

thanks

Has anyone actually got through to the office?
called many times and am left ringing and then back to the recorded message for over 25 minutes

shall I try again tomorrow :lol:

I have had no success either which is frustrating
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:46 pm

I've just managed to renew my season ticket. I emailed the ticket office with my details.

My row was blocked off so I've had to move back three rows. Just happy to get a seat near where I usually sit. Hopefully I will get to move back to my normal seat at some stage during 2021.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:25 pm

Bridgford Stag wrote:With a really heavy heart I cannot come round to paying up front for a renewed ST this coming season.

Yes I am not concerned about getting a refund for last seasons missed matches. Stuff happened.

And with the prospect of not knowing how many matches are played behind closed doors and not being able to attend is saddening.

And..... with the prospect of a potential lockdown for the over 50's (I'm well over that btw) - pure 'speculation' stated today responded a government spokesperson (just testing the waters on their part methinks or am I being too suspicious?!) doesn't help - I cannot find or able to muster to getting down the Mill for some time. Full of admiration for those who will go back but I cannot.

Not expecting sympathy from many on here but with an expected spike (it'll all be fine by Christmas - paraphrased - said BJ!) I do not have confidence in things for some time. When 'things' level out I hope to be back.

We'll see.
I totally understand where you are coming from. At the end of the day it's a choice. These are strange times. It doesn't make you less of a fan. I'm considering the i Follow option for now to see how it (the virus situation) pans out. I have great admiration for those who are renewing. I hope they get the best reward for their investment and support, in terms of as many games at the One Call and positve results
Regarding the virus I can't see it going away anytime soon. As for Johnson taking the "nuclear option" I doubt it as he will lose too many of his voters.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:32 pm

I have just e-mailed the ticket office to renew mine.I am in the Ian Greaves upper.As this stand holds 6000 I cant see the reasoning behind putting us in the North Stand.If we get 3000 season tickets sold then there should be plenty of room for everyone.The North and South Stands will be available as well.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:11 pm

The west stand only holds just over 5,000. In the upper west stand a full row was blocked off between rows that were on sale. Also two seats were not available to be bought between seats that were available to be purchased.

So that means only 1 in 6 seats available to be used. So only selling just under 500 seats in Upper west and 500 seats in lower west stand.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Kernow » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:14 pm

Renewed today but D block IGL has gone, being reserved for medical staff and subs. C Block for me now. The queue was about 90mins.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:27 pm

geoffhill wrote:I have just e-mailed the ticket office to renew mine.I am in the Ian Greaves upper.As this stand holds 6000 I cant see the reasoning behind putting us in the North Stand.If we get 3000 season tickets sold then there should be plenty of room for everyone.The North and South Stands will be available as well.

I do take your point geoff.

But.

Assuming we have a 10000 capacity (give or take) and assuming we have distancing measures in place (for today's flavour of the day) then I am presuming we can only hold say around 3300 fans max (allowing for 1 empty seat either side never mind blocking of alternate rows which isn't enough I would have thought)?

But then..getting into the ground...no more turning up at 5 to 3 and expecting to get in? And theres the half time rush to the loo's/kiosks and then theres getting out at the end. Not really much chance of social distancing?

The stacking up of risk is apparent.

Just a pragmatic thought.

ps thanks for your comment Amber
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby Dave Wayne » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:46 pm

Bridgford Stag wrote:
geoffhill wrote:I have just e-mailed the ticket office to renew mine.I am in the Ian Greaves upper.As this stand holds 6000 I cant see the reasoning behind putting us in the North Stand.If we get 3000 season tickets sold then there should be plenty of room for everyone.The North and South Stands will be available as well.

I do take your point geoff.

But.

Assuming we have a 10000 capacity (give or take) and assuming we have distancing measures in place (for today's flavour of the day) then I am presuming we can only hold say around 3300 fans max (allowing for 1 empty seat either side never mind blocking of alternate rows which isn't enough I would have thought)?

But then..getting into the ground...no more turning up at 5 to 3 and expecting to get in? And theres the half time rush to the loo's/kiosks and then theres getting out at the end. Not really much chance of social distancing?

The stacking up of risk is apparent.

Just a pragmatic thought.

ps thanks for your comment Amber

I think you are about 1000 out on your calculations there. Total capacity including North Stand is around 9200, so if every second row is unavailable and only every second seat on the other rows then you are looking at 25% which is 2300. This could be even lower if the 2 blocks behind the dugouts are out of use as said above.

Totally agree with your thoughts on social distancing issues pre-match and at half time and full time, which is why, although I am buying a season ticket, I won't be attending until I have seen how the first few matches go.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby acasman » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:22 pm

Just so I'm clear before I go down again tomorrow. The discount should haver been applied to the purchase today yes ? I went for a bunch and didn't even roughly check the cost ,now I have checked I haven't had anything off .
acasman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:20 pm

acasman wrote:Just so I'm clear before I go down again tomorrow. The discount should have been applied to the purchase today yes ? I went for a bunch and didn't even roughly check the cost ,now I have checked I haven't had anything off .

Ken - These were your four options.

1) Permit Mansfield Town Football Club to retain monies previously paid for the six cancelled matches in 2019-20 to help keep the club sustainable

2) Permit Mansfield Town Football Club to retain monies previously paid for the six cancelled matches in 2019-20 to help keep the club sustainable in exchange for six matchday ticket vouchers, to be used either in person or for a guest for home league and/or home cup games in 2020-21 (to be used when supporters are allowed back inside One Call Stadium)

3) Exchange monies on a pro-rata basis for cancelled six matches in 2019-20 by way of a pro-rata six match discount on new season ticket

4) Request a full refund from the club on cancelled matches in 2019-20, by 11 September, via the above methods
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:26 pm

see also Danielle's response from a separate thread:
Subject: Season tickets on sale 2020/21 To existing ticket holders

Danielle SLO wrote:Good Evening, the discount was not applied automatically.
Everyone was asked which option of the Chairman’s generous offer they would like to take. If they chose Option 1 it was for permission for the club to retain the monies in order to help sustain it.
Option 2 receive 6 match ticket vouchers in lieu of the 6 cancelled games
Option 3 Exchange monies on a pro rata basis by way of a pro rata 6 match discount in a new season ticket
Option 4 Request a full refund for the 6 cancelled matches by Sept 11
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum