{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

update from John & Carolyn Radford

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: update from John & Carolyn Radford

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:12 pm

Be good if there were a waiting list for non ST holders wanting to "take the spot" of someone not willing to renew. Either that or open the god damn pate bar, just wanna give the club some of my not very hard earned
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:35 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:Be good if there were a waiting list for non ST holders wanting to "take the spot" of someone not willing to renew. Either that or open the god damn pate bar, just wanna give the club some of my not very hard earned

That’s probably behind the thinking.

Annoyed as I am over the price, they know that unless finances really are so bad for some fans - which sadly they will be for many reasons given the last half a year - the fans will renew - I know I will - purely as I know it’ll give me a more or less guaranteed seat which given I was a ST holder last season makes sense.

Sadly the process isn’t foolproof or fair.

The ST process has sadly always been poor under the radfords
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Scothie the Stag » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:58 pm

adamstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
adamstag wrote:£375 as a minimum to watch league 2 football is quite out there for one of the poorest towns in the land.

Promotion pushes come at a cost lad.

It does. It’s not the max price I bother with, it’s the minimum that I worry about.

It’s massively missed opportunity from the club to engage with fans, especially in a time when fans are struggling financially.

Supply and demand. With the touted figure of 25% of capacity, it puts the club in a position of power for the circa 2,250 seats. What they don't sell in season tickets, chances are they'd easily cover it off each match day.

Ignoring the price structure I think that the club have done all they can regarding the 2019/20 season tickets. I'm torn between completing foregoing the refund or exchanging for 6 league matches as that'd mean more money for the club, not less - they'd be for my partner who doesn't usually go, so it'd mean more money spent of food, drinks and merchandise.
Scothie the Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sharp » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:12 pm

Scothie the Stag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
adamstag wrote:£375 as a minimum to watch league 2 football is quite out there for one of the poorest towns in the land.

It does. It’s not the max price I bother with, it’s the minimum that I worry about.

It’s massively missed opportunity from the club to engage with fans, especially in a time when fans are struggling financially.

Supply and demand. With the touted figure of 25% of capacity, it puts the club in a position of power for the circa 2,250 seats. What they don't sell in season tickets, chances are they'd easily cover it off each match day.

Ignoring the price structure I think that the club have done all they can regarding the 2019/20 season tickets. I'm torn between completing foregoing the refund or exchanging for 6 league matches as that'd mean more money for the club, not less - they'd be for my partner who doesn't usually go, so it'd mean more money spent of food, drinks and merchandise.

Save you money on Christmas presents as well mate if you wrap them up :D
Sharp
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:32 pm

No mention of when the hospitality is likely to re-open (understandable) or how those season ticket holders can renew. This option is obviously more expensive than a standard season ticket as the meal option is included.

Do the club expect this group to take up standard season tickets and if so what allowance will be made for losing 6 hospitality games What happens when the 1862 re-opens? Will members then be able to upgrade and if so how much will the extra cost be per match? Also are those members included in the stated ticket numbers or are they extra. If they are extra numbers can the club accommodate them in the stands.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:57 pm

Scothie the Stag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Not so sure on a position of power, I’m sure they’d want everyone in if they could do it but with a potentially limited capacity they have to maximise what they can get.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:22 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Do we know how much it’s likely to be to watch the games on iFollow? More than the usual £10?

Championship games during the pandemic have been £10. I've seen nothing to suggest a price rise next season.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Big yella » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:42 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:I rarely complain (honestly) but is anyone else like me thinking this is a bit of a disappointing approach and emphasis for existing season ticket holders?

Oh your for it now.

You mustn't ever question the privileges that season ticket holders get. In fact you should be asking why they don't get more.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Scothie the Stag » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:53 pm

Jimstag wrote:
Scothie the Stag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Not so sure on a position of power, I’m sure they’d want everyone in if they could do it but with a potentially limited capacity they have to maximise what they can get.

I'm sure that they would too, but the fact that they can't creates their position of power to charge a premium price to maximise what they can get. Feels like we were saying the same thing from a slightly different angle unless I'm missing something?

Haha, very true Sharp - winner, winner
Scothie the Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:43 am

I was a QLE member so can’t get the season ticket. Is there a way of watching every home game? I was under the impression you couldn’t watch ifollow home games unless you lived abroad.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:55 am

I don't want a season ticket rebate for last season.
I'd be happy to buy a season ticket for next season if I could watch as many games on Ifollow as I will miss through not attending until a vaccination is available.
Mr Radford has said st holders be given free passes to Ifolliow for the "behind closed doors" games, extend that scheme to those st holders classed as vulnerable (seniors) for all games and I buy one immediately they are available.

I will put this to the club.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:59 am

oldweststander wrote:I don't want a season ticket rebate for last season.
I'd be happy to buy a season ticket for next season if I could watch as many games on Ifollow as I will miss through not attending until a vaccination is available.
Mr Radford has said st holders be given free passes to Ifolliow for the "behind closed doors" games, extend that scheme to those st holders classed as vulnerable (seniors) for all games and I buy one immediately they are available.

I’ve already done so OWS, in line with my post earlier in the thread. The club have said its a good point. They’re having a zoom call with the EFL today and will put it to them, as well as discuss it with The Radfords.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:32 am

MTFCMusings wrote:

I’ve already done so OWS, in line with my post earlier in the thread. The club have said its a good point. They’re having a zoom call with the EFL today and will put it to them, as well as discuss it with The Radfords.

Thanks Musings, didn't see your earlier post.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:42 am

What I don’t get is you get a ifollow pass to watch the game in the U.K. and its £10 (last season) , IF/when abroad you can purchase the same game for €6 (last season) .... surely the % to the club is not the same from overseas viewers/subscribers????
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby KJW STAG » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:54 am

I did not have a season ticket last year.

What number of seats will be available with social distancing in place.

Would this be taken up by season tickets only or the remaining seats put on sale.

Would MTFC make a list of people who put there names down who are wishing to go ,so every one gets a chance to see a game .
Last edited by KJW STAG on Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:55 am

Billy the fish wrote:What I don’t get is you get a ifollow pass to watch the game in the U.K. and its £10 (last season) , IF/when abroad you can purchase the same game for €6 (last season) .... surely the % to the club is not the same from overseas viewers/subscribers????

Probably designed to be more attractive to the casual viewer from abroad. Proportionally I don't suppose we have that many foreign based fans and they may not pay the higher price anyway. Would you pay €6 to watch fourth tier French football?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:01 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:What I don’t get is you get a ifollow pass to watch the game in the U.K. and its £10 (last season) , IF/when abroad you can purchase the same game for €6 (last season) .... surely the % to the club is not the same from overseas viewers/subscribers????

Probably designed to be more attractive to the casual viewer from abroad. Proportionally I don't suppose we have that many foreign based fans and they may not pay the higher price anyway. Would you pay €6 to watch fourth tier French football?

I wouldn’t pay anything to watch French football Sandy but without spelling it out given the choice sat in my armchair would I pay £10 or €6 to watch the same game ..
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:04 am

clearly the amount of money going to club is lower from people watching from overseas compared to people buying match passes in the UK. My personal opinion is that the pricing should be the same for overseas and UK, and I've fed that back, but EFL have not changed it thus far.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby five to three » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:17 am

Billy the fish wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:

I wouldn’t pay anything to watch French football Sandy but without spelling it out given the choice sat in my armchair would I pay £10 or €6 to watch the same game ..

Depends where you armchair is!
five to three
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Hjeldefan » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:28 am

Big yella wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:I rarely complain (honestly) but is anyone else like me thinking this is a bit of a disappointing approach and emphasis for existing season ticket holders?

Oh your for it now.

You mustn't ever question the privileges that season ticket holders get. In fact you should be asking why they don't get more.

I mean, they are stumping up £375 to watch league 2 football for a season. If you don't give priority to season ticket holders, then who do you give priority to?
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:35 am

When are the fixtures released ?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:37 am

MTFCMusings wrote:

The problem with this is how far do you extend it ?
I am not in a 'high risk' group for medical reasons and am only in my early 50s, but personally I still wouldn't feel comfortable in a large crowd. Part of the reason being that I am still shopping for and looking after my elderly parents and don't want to risk passing anything on to them.
I intend to buy an ST to support the club financially and to guarantee my 'seat' when I do want to go, but won't necessarily attend when the gates are first opened.
Therefore, I would like to be able to watch games on Ifollow until I feel safe to return.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby NIGEL » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:56 am

My ticket will be renewed next week, but this is to reply to Captain Cunno re fixture release date. As of last week the Premier League, FA and EFL were still discussing when and if certain teams would enter different competitions. The indications from that meeting ( sorry, don't have a link to it ) was the fixtures were likely to be released in the 3rd week of August.
NIGEL
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:58 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

The problem with this is how far do you extend it ?
I am not in a 'high risk' group for medical reasons and am only in my early 50s, but personally I still wouldn't feel comfortable in a large crowd. Part of the reason being that I am still shopping for and looking after my elderly parents and don't want to risk passing anything on to them.
I intend to buy an ST to support the club financially and to guarantee my 'seat' when I do want to go, but won't necessarily attend when the gates are first opened.
Therefore, I would like to be able to watch games on Ifollow until I feel safe to return.

They said I may receive a response later today, so I’ll let you know what they advise.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:01 am

Big yella wrote:

Oh your for it now.

Please enlighten me- what privileges do season ticket holders get.?
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum