{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tomlinson

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Tomlinson

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:36 pm

On the bright side, with how much of a back log the courts are experiencing he should be okay to play most of the season for us.

Hopefully he will learn to keep better company than he does now and become the player he can be......
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:19 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:On the bright side, with how much of a back log the courts are experiencing he should be okay to play most of the season for us.

Hopefully he will learn to keep better company than he does now and become the player he can be......

Yes, he may get to the level of Fraser MacLachlan
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:22 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:On this entire thread no one has said what he was even supposed to have done.

He has been a very naughty boy :) :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:38 am

He has disrespected the club with his actions.He is not that good anyway.Get rid and bring someone in whoe is a better footballer and a sensible person.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:48 am

I assume this forum will be calling for any Stags fan that acts like a drunken arse on a match day to be sacked by their employer. Afterall that type of behaviour does bring the club into disrepute.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:57 am

Sneag wrote:I assume this forum will be calling for any Stags fan that acts like a drunken arse on a match day to be sacked by their employer. Afterall that type of behaviour does bring the club into disrepute.

They're all good honest boys on here that would never do such things!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:12 am

I’m not that bothered about him going out and acting a drunken arse, I’m more bothered about him going out, catching CV and infecting the rest of the team.

I’d be amazed if GC has given them the green light to act as though life was suddenly back to normal.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:29 am

Disciplinary - Fine him 2 weeks' wages and a 12 month final written warning
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:35 am

Seems like Tomlinson has been arrested, tried and punished by this thread, that's Stagsnet justice for you.

Just leave it,, you don't know the facts, all on here is hearsay or my mate says etc.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby KJW STAG » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:44 am

:shock:

He as become a Billy Big Boots as HE :roll: :roll:
KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:11 am

Anyone could say anything at all that involves stags, a player they don't like and something negative and it becomes a three part narrative with its own wikipedia page on here...
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:26 am

Why would anyone even look at him anyway? He's so RED. Tommo mate what's wrong with your faaaaace?
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:32 am

To put flesh on the bones for the facts we await the police statement whereby, ‘Mansfield Police can confirm that on x date a male aged x was arrested and charged for the following...’.

Till then Stagsnet, let the rumours and wild speculation begin. Can I start with, ‘charged with losing a staring competition with a cross eyed lion that turned into a massive cat fight’.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:45 am

A shortage of REAL news ..... so make something up, eh?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:47 am

These players just don’t think or care
Imagine Kevin Bird and Sandy behaving like this
Get rid ASAP
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:50 am

tillydog123 wrote:These players just don’t think or care
Get rid ASAP

I think players probably got into similar situations back in the day but nobody cared as much. And of course we had no social media/mobile phones to record it on or talk about it.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:56 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
tillydog123 wrote:These players just don’t think or care
Get rid ASAP

I think players probably got into similar situations back in the day but nobody cared as much. And of course we had no social media/mobile phones to record it on or talk about it.

I’ve heard a few stories from ex-players, these things did happen they were just easier to keep quiet. It’s life after all and people make mistakes, it’s how they respond to them that matters.

If Willem is regretful and turns his attention to the pitch all will be forgiven, if he causes trouble and upsets the squad then get rid asap.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby dp_mans856 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:13 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:A shortage of REAL news ..... so make something up, eh?

Nothing made up at all
dp_mans856
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:49 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:A shortage of REAL news ..... so make something up, eh?

:lol: Yeah sure, there just so happened to be numerous people wake up on Sunday and make up the same rumour
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:40 pm

I would think the most irritating thing for GC is that he now needs to sort this when he should be focussed on recruitment and preparing the team.
I am not presuming the lad is guilty but the mere fact this is on here means it has to be dealt with.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:56 pm

The club has set a precedent in dealing with incidents of a similar nature last season. Donahue pleaded guilty and was dismissed by the club almost instantly, Mellis though charged with the same offences went not guilty waiting for his day in court and was kept on by the club. When Tomlinson has had time to consult his brief, look at his options and weigh up how to play hand then the club can act accordingly. Unless the club has strict disciplinary guidelines whereby what he has one is classed as gross misconduct and results in instant dismissal.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:09 pm

Beano wrote:I’m not that bothered about him going out and acting a drunken arse, I’m more bothered about him going out, catching CV and infecting the rest of the team.

I’d be amazed if GC has given them the green light to act as though life was suddenly back to normal.

Good post. He could easily undo the pre season. As you say,any manager worth his salt, would be putting restrictions on lifestyle given the current pandemic. I doubt getting legless at the pub is one of the can dos.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:13 pm

It happens ,ive seen john robertson drunk as a lord ,then he ripped teams apart two days later ,its just in these media driven days you get caught out sad really ,let the lad grow up before we condemn him
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:24 pm

spanishstag wrote:It happens ,ive seen john robertson drunk as a lord ,then he ripped teams apart two days later ,its just in these media driven days you get caught out sad really ,let the lad grow up before we condemn him

I agree about prejudging before knowing the facts but let's not forget that should work two ways. Innocent until proven guilty but don't be too hasty to defend him either without knowing the facts. I'm sure the truth will out.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:33 pm

spanishstag wrote:It happens ,ive seen john robertson drunk as a lord ,then he ripped teams apart two days later ,its just in these media driven days you get caught out sad really ,let the lad grow up before we condemn him

What about the current covid 19 situation Spanishstag ? We should ALL be adjusting our lives accordingly. Going to the pub and getting inebriated is hardly helping MTFC prepare for the new season and worst still theNHS. Or your adopted country's economy for that matter.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum