{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tomlinson

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Tomlinson

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:53 pm

Bros wrote:Tomlinson came to us from Blackburn which is just down the road from Accrington. Perhaps GC has told him that he has no future at Mansfield and if he still lives over that way it may just be a means of keeping fit and to put himself in the shop window

He lives in Mansfield I believe, hence why he’s been out on the town the last few weeks.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:30 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Bros wrote:Tomlinson came to us from Blackburn which is just down the road from Accrington. Perhaps GC has told him that he has no future at Mansfield and if he still lives over that way it may just be a means of keeping fit and to put himself in the shop window

He lives in Mansfield I believe, hence why he’s been out on the town the last few weeks.

Perhaps hes been sent home to his mother for being a naughty boy. Or he's decided to get out of town before the lynch mob get him
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:21 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
magicstag wrote:Dont think he can play for anyone else
Unless the stags give him permisson.
Weather or not he's suspended, he still under contract
Here and also insurance will come in to it.
It looks like he's on his way.

If he’s playing for another team he’s been released /payed off and we should be fed that information from the club , this nonsense above he can play for who he likes while the investigation into said incident is rubbish , so Will we see Harry Maguire turning out for Spurs while the internal review at Utd is in progress ???

The club is a business just like M&S and they wouldn't tell customers if they had sacked an employee.

I know football supporters consider themselves differently but why should the club say anything, we are only customers.?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:25 pm

oldweststander wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:

If he’s playing for another team he’s been released /payed off and we should be fed that information from the club , this nonsense above he can play for who he likes while the investigation into said incident is rubbish , so Will we see Harry Maguire turning out for Spurs while the internal review at Utd is in progress ???

The club is a business just like M&S and they wouldn't tell customers if they had sacked an employee.

I know football supporters consider themselves differently but why should the club say anything, we are only customers.?

Not a great example. A business wouldn’t tell you if an employee had left to join another business either, but a football club would, and should.

IMO, I can’t see how he would be allowed to play for Accrington if he was still under contract here.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:35 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:

Not a great example. A business wouldn’t tell you if an employee had left to join another business either, but a football club would, and should.

IMO, I can’t see how he would be allowed to play for Accrington if he was still under contract here.

If MTFC gave him permission to play, on trial, then he could. It may be better for everyone concerned if he can get fixed up with his contract cancelled by mutual consent, rather than damaging his future by sacking him in public?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:37 pm

He’s clearly been given permission to play for them if he’s still under suspension here.

I can’t understand why that’s so hard to grasp.

We won’t see him here again so we either have budget for another midfielder or one of those brought in is his replacement.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:44 pm

To be clear, I’m not saying he has played without the permission of the club. I’m saying my feeling is he’s likely a free agent, and it just hasn’t been announced yet.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:39 pm

would think we hear something tomorrow or Tuesday now he as been spotted playing away ;)
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:41 pm

Stevo has lost the news again!!
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:46 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:To be clear, I’m not saying he has played without the permission of the club. I’m saying my feeling is he’s likely a free agent, and it just hasn’t been announced yet.

I think the same Musings. I can't understand why the club haven't announced it.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby KJW STAG » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:54 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:To be clear, I’m not saying he has played without the permission of the club. I’m saying my feeling is he’s likely a free agent, and it just hasn’t been announced yet.

Would they have to wait for PC Plod to announce charges before they can act :?:
KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Mansf1eld » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:12 pm

KJW STAG wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Yes and unfortunately Pc John Albanese has had his hands full dictating to the FA what games should be played Tuesday night.
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:16 pm

Mansf1eld wrote:
KJW STAG wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Yes and unfortunately Pc John Albanese has had his hands full dictating to the FA what games should be played Tuesday night.

Does it really matter with no fans being there?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Mansf1eld » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:30 am

Dan wrote:
Mansf1eld wrote:
KJW STAG wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Does it really matter with no fans being there?

Not at all, we'll still be travelling and frequenting Bolton and Harrogates local watering holes, purely for the experience.
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:01 pm

We seem to get information from GC press conferences , just wonder if something will be said after the Preston game.
Would like to think Steveo will ask the question on Tomlinsons future especially now he played for Accrington .
That is unless something is released by the MTFC before hand.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:57 pm

Looks like he played again and Blackburn rovers reporter uses is name in article so as he signed for Accrington :?: :?:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/augu ... n-stanley/
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:10 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:Looks like he played again and Blackburn rovers reporter uses is name in article so as he signed for Accrington :?: :?:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/augu ... n-stanley/

"so as he signed for Accrington?"

not necessarily no. You can name trialists if you want to. But it wasn't Accrington who named him anyway, it was a Blackburn media person.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:51 am

Maybe he has been told it is in his best interests to find himself a new club as it will avoid him having a 'dismissal' on his CV.
If so, he is putting himself out there on trial, but there is nothing for us to announce at the moment as he is still a contracted Stags player.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:37 am

I cannot believe we are on page 16 dedicated to someone who has been a total tool.

It is obvious to me he will not play for MTFC again and once the charges have either been brought/dropped and the investigation has run its course we will hear that he has been released from his contract.

simples
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:42 am

Let’s get this wrapped up ASAP and hopefully bring in a replacement.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:01 am

Has Will Tomlinson been charged by the police?
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:29 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Has Will Tomlinson been charged by the police?

Not a scooby !
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:44 pm

Not seen it mentioned anywhere so apologies if I’ve missed it. GC said to the press on Thursday that Will is still under contract with the club, still under investigations and still suspended. He called last week and asked for permission to play for Accrington which was granted. GC said he has the opportunity to leave the club, and is free to leave if he wishes. He also mentioned employment laws being as they are, he can’t do what he would like to do. I think you can read between the lines there.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:25 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Not seen it mentioned anywhere so apologies if I’ve missed it. GC said to the press on Thursday that Will is still under contract with the club, still under investigations and still suspended. He called last week and asked for permission to play for Accrington which was granted. GC said he has the opportunity to leave the club, and is free to leave if he wishes. He also mentioned employment laws being as they are, he can’t do what he would like to do. I think you can read between the lines there.

Surely if we’re to believe what ‘those in the know’ have put on here he could get sacked for gross misconduct?!

Maybe the club don’t fancy defending a lawsuit.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby KJW STAG » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:04 am

Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Not seen it mentioned anywhere so apologies if I’ve missed it. GC said to the press on Thursday that Will is still under contract with the club, still under investigations and still suspended. He called last week and asked for permission to play for Accrington which was granted. GC said he has the opportunity to leave the club, and is free to leave if he wishes. He also mentioned employment laws being as they are, he can’t do what he would like to do. I think you can read between the lines there.

Surely if we’re to believe what ‘those in the know’ have put on here he could get sacked for gross misconduct?!

Maybe the club don’t fancy defending a lawsuit.

:?: if some one agrees to go on a rehab coarse for counselling in court , would charges be kept private and not published.
KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum