{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tomlinson

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Tomlinson

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:48 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:I find it interesting that the lad is being hung, drawn and quartered on here. Would the reaction be the same if he was a popular first choice player ?
Yes, after what happened last year with two players, I think the reaction would be the same whichever player it was. It raises doubt about the lack of respect for the club.

But the suggestions on here are that it wasnt about the violence, more about what caused him to be in that mindset.
We had a similar incident at the club a few years back that allegedly involved an unpopular senior player, a popular senior player, and a popular homegrown youngster. 2 of them stayed with the youngster getting a lot of support on here. Guess which one left.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:30 am

Always seems to be a midfield problem :think: :think:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:51 am

The silence from the club isn't helping anyone.

If there is nothing in it, the club should say so.

If there is an internal investigation, the club should say so.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:07 am

Why exactly?

There is only speculation on here (well informed perhaps) but it’s correct in my view to treat these things as confidential until there is something to say.

How can I say it ... it’s really nothing to do with anyone on here and is probably v distressing for Will and his family
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:58 am

yorkstag wrote:Why exactly?

There is only speculation on here (well informed perhaps) but it’s correct in my view to treat these things as confidential until there is something to say.

How can I say it ... it’s really nothing to do with anyone on here and is probably v distressing for Will and his family

What? Tomlinson has been called from a pig to a dog on this thread, something that shouldn't happen, but it has. Surely a simple statement could clear this up, is he an arse or is it all rubbish?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:59 am

Lost my sympathy for him when he was out getting smashed a week after the initial incident.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:14 am

lifestags wrote:Lost my sympathy for him when he was out getting smashed a week after the initial incident.

How do you know what the kid is going through? This might be him lashing out because of a bigger problem. Easy for us all to forget sometimes but him being a footballer might not be important if he's going through some personal problems or whatever.

Of course, after all this he might just be a bit of a dick who's got into the wrong crowd but we don't know the full story right now.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:51 am

James wrote:
lifestags wrote:Lost my sympathy for him when he was out getting smashed a week after the initial incident.

How do you know what the kid is going through? This might be him lashing out because of a bigger problem. Easy for us all to forget sometimes but him being a footballer might not be important if he's going through some personal problems or whatever.

Of course, after all this he might just be a bit of a dick who's got into the wrong crowd but we don't know the full story right now.

Stone him
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:09 am

The One wrote:
James wrote:

Stone him

Can I stand in line? No seriously, what’s happening regarding this?
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:18 am

He might have personal problems but don't we all.

I also don't agree with the death by mob mentality which is why I left a lot of things out when discussing this thread (most have of which have now been highlighted not by me) as I didn't think it was right to mention it - for him and his family.

what I wasn't impressed with and happily shared is the aggy-ness to people in the pub and verbally abusing women on separate occasions. Some of big I am attitude aimed at stags fans who post on this board.... At the end of the day, if a footballer for your club is giving you grief, there is no way people are going to be silent on the subject. Whether you have personal problems or not, its not acceptable to start on random folk.

I hope he doesn't get sacked (rumblings suggest he already has) as I think he can be a useful player, but equally, if he needs help, the club helps him through it.

Isolation over the last few months has not been kind to anyone.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:09 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
The One wrote:
James wrote:

Stone him

Yes. But no women allowed
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:13 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:I find it interesting that the lad is being hung, drawn and quartered on here. Would the reaction be the same if he was a popular first choice player ?
Yes, after what happened last year with two players, I think the reaction would be the same whichever player it was. It raises doubt about the lack of respect for the club.

But the suggestions on here are that it wasnt about the violence, more about what caused him to be in that mindset.
We had a similar incident at the club a few years back that allegedly involved an unpopular senior player, a popular senior player, and a popular homegrown youngster. 2 of them stayed with the youngster getting a lot of support on here. Guess which one left.

It may be best to let it all come out in time. Initially I thought the thread was about someone being irresponsible, by going out and getting drunk,whilst under pre season training. Made worse by the covid 19 / social distancing. Now I haven't a clue what it's about. Best to leave it and hope the club do the right thing.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:15 pm

Chander Lear wrote:He might have personal problems but don't we all.

I also don't agree with the death by mob mentality which is why I left a lot of things out when discussing this thread (most have of which have now been highlighted not by me) as I didn't think it was right to mention it - for him and his family.

what I wasn't impressed with and happily shared is the aggy-ness to people in the pub and verbally abusing women on separate occasions. Some of big I am attitude aimed at stags fans who post on this board.... At the end of the day, if a footballer for your club is giving you grief, there is no way people are going to be silent on the subject. Whether you have personal problems or not, its not acceptable to start on random folk.

I hope he doesn't get sacked (rumblings suggest he already has) as I think he can be a useful player, but equally, if he needs help, the club helps him through it.

Well said mate great post.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:31 pm

Dan wrote:

Well said mate great post.

Seconded. :thumbup:
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:59 pm

so when he was being a dick, being rude to women in the pub, what did you do about it? (not having a go, just interested to know if anyone tried to talk to him) Two sides to every story and usually the case with footballers in a pub is someone winding them up to start with.

Agree though the mob mentality of this place is a joke. He needs support and guidance.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:01 pm

The One wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
The One wrote:
James wrote:

Stone him

Yes. But no women allowed

Are blessed Cheesemakers allowed to join in?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:06 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

so when he was being a dick, being rude to women in the pub, what did you do about it? (not having a go, just interested to know if anyone tried to talk to him) Two sides to every story and usually the case with footballers in a pub is someone winding them up to start with.

Agree though the mob mentality of this place is a joke. He needs support and guidance.

Sorry. I will never support or offer guidance to a bloke who treats Women and anyone for that matter in this way. If the allegations are true, he needs sacking!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:12 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Sorry. I will never support or offer guidance to a bloke who treats Women and anyone for that matter in this way. If the allegations are true, he needs sacking!

Still yet to fully read what he's supposed to have done.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:14 pm

As previously stated he may need help. He’s a young man who’s made a massive mistake.

I don’t know the facts and admit it doesn’t sound great but let’s wait and see
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:16 pm

Well it certainly makes a change from the ollie banks crocked thread :o only o stagsnet
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:19 pm

spanishstag wrote:Well it certainly makes a change from the ollie banks crocked thread :o only o stagsnet

Who is Ollie Banks ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:26 pm

The One wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Well it certainly makes a change from the ollie banks crocked thread :o only o stagsnet

Who is Ollie Banks ?

Sorry brainfog ,ollie clarke ,it must be the heat :D
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:07 pm

Can’t believe people are excusing him on account oh the virus.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:07 pm

Couldn't agree more.
Bellwhiff if you aren't prepared to to say what you have heard, don't contribute to the thread, its just pathetic behavior on your part[/quote]

Dry your eyes. The info I was passed is such that if I told what I’d heard, it would be easy to backtrack it and that wouldn’t be right. I’ve already said I’m sorry if it comes across as strawberry teasing but there’s part of the detail that could well be pretty serious and that will become apparent if the truth comes out. So in short, pick your lip up, calm your tits and wait to see. The purpose of my post wasn’t to tease, it was to express the seriousness of this.[/quote]

oh dear me, please Bellwhiff grow up.

I am assuming you are an adult and of sound mind? If so please don't act like a child.

However, if you are a child, I apologise and understand the way you respond.
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:13 pm

Chortle. You’re a bit thick aren’t you. My point in this is that I’d been told something that if true would mean he deserves to be sacked in my opinion. It doesn’t matter what it is at the moment because all I’ve done is stare an opinion on info I’ve received. Not telling on what the actual info is is irrelevant.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum