{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tomlinson

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Tomlinson

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:29 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:Again poor communication from the club ..

Why? The manager was exceptionally clear in his explanation of what is happening. The issue that fans want to know the minutiae of everything at the club. I would have thought that, with an investigation announced, little else can be shared with fans

Little else can be shared ??? Other than he’s playing for Accrington you mean before the fans know he’s been moved on officially ?? Again I irritate poor poor information from the club which isn’t surprising.

Irritate? You are pretty annoying to be fair
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:42 pm

He’s obviously gone and Clarke is obviously injured, are we trying to use this information to get another player? Or are we just pretending none of this happened?
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:47 pm

lifestags wrote:He’s obviously gone and Clarke is obviously injured, are we trying to use this information to get another player? Or are we just pretending none of this happened?

Clarkes injury has been explained on another thread
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:03 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:Again poor communication from the club ..

Why? The manager was exceptionally clear in his explanation of what is happening. The issue that fans want to know the minutiae of everything at the club. I would have thought that, with an investigation announced, little else can be shared with fans

Little else can be shared ??? Other than he’s playing for Accrington you mean before the fans know he’s been moved on officially ?? Again I irritate poor poor information from the club which isn’t surprising.

If there is a formal process for someone who is on a contract, there is such a thing as contract law which will impact on what can be shared
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:22 pm

He's suspended from mansfield town. You can play any player you want in a friendly.

Willem is likely there getting minutes in and also trying to impress after his mistake here. He knows his time is up here. He likely spoke to GC and asked if he could go train with Accrington. GC may be upset with him but I doubt that GC is the type of person to wreck Willem's career over it. I know what he did is unacceptable but is it worse than what other professional players have done the other season we had a player who battered a young lad and another who let it continue (didn't Mellis beat his missus or something).
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:45 pm

Hard to judge by one photo, but he looks a bit tubby on that one.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:40 pm

Hes a free agent
Play for who he wants
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:38 am

Chander Lear wrote:Hes a free agent
Play for who he wants

So why hasn’t the club announced it?
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:05 am

part time pete wrote:
Play for who he wants

And also why is he still on the official website?
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:18 am

It's a strange one.

It appears GC prefers to keep things close to his chest.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:36 am

The most pertinent question for me is how is he getting a move to League One! A scandal.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:50 am

part time pete wrote:
Play for who he wants

Because he's not a free agent yet... he's still suspended under investigation and can play for whoever he Likes.. Its really not hard to grasp.

When the investigation is concluded his departure will be officially announced.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:27 am

I wouldn't exactly say he can play for who he likes. Pretty sure the club themselves have a say in it.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:02 am

Sedgwick wrote:
part time pete wrote:
Play for who he wants

Because he's not a free agent yet... he's still suspended under investigation and can play for whoever he Likes.. Its really not hard to grasp.

Surely if he isn't a free agent, then he is still under contract to MTFC.

As I understand it he is suspended, so how is he allowed to play for someone else?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:13 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
part time pete wrote:
Play for who he wants

As I understand it he is suspended, so how is he allowed to play for someone else?

He will be under contract until the end of the investigation then officially let go, going off what GC said he couldn't just sack him immediately.... he's free to play for anyone for free in a friendly, he's not been paid for accrington or signed, or played in a competitive match, he's suspended by Mansfield not all EFL clubs.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:05 am

Sedgwick wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
part time pete wrote:
Play for who he wants

He will be under contract until the end of the investigation then officially let go, going off what GC said he couldn't just sack him immediately.... he's free to play for anyone for free in a friendly, he's not been paid for accrington or signed, or played in a competitive match, he's suspended by Mansfield not all EFL clubs.

Hardly a punishment. He could end up bettering himself by being signed by a club in a higher league. Bizarre!
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:13 am

Remember what Donohue did? He ended up signing for a team that got promoted from this league. Seems that footballers that commit crime don't really get punished
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:35 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:Remember what Donohue did? He ended up signing for a team that got promoted from this league. Seems that footballers that commit crime don't really get punished

I’m not sure what you expect ? Do you wan them to be unable to play for anyone ?
That’s a restraint of trade. If you’re dismissed then you’re free to try to get a job anywhere you can.

And rightly so.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:40 am

bellwhiff wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:Remember what Donohue did? He ended up signing for a team that got promoted from this league. Seems that footballers that commit crime don't really get punished

I’m not sure what you expect ? Do you wan them to be unable to play for anyone ?
That’s a restraint of trade. If you’re dismissed then you’re free to try to get a job anywhere you can.

And rightly so.

My comment was aimed at Andy talking about punishment. What punishment did Donohue receive?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:13 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

And rightly so.

I think it's the mystery surrounding this that's the problem. Is he still our player or not? If he is our player why are we allowing him to play for another team ? If he isn't shouldn't we know he's been released? What makes it worse they are in a higher league. What effect is it having on our other players who are towing the line? Seems a very strange situation to me.
Last edited by Amber Andy on Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby magicstag » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:17 pm

Dont think he can play for anyone else
Unless the stags give him permisson.
Weather or not he's suspended, he still under contract
Here and also insurance will come in to it.
It looks like he's on his way.
magicstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby oldweststander » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:32 pm

I think a firing squad is out of the question, but if a disciplinary investigation finds him in breach of the clubs rules his contract can be terminated as we have seen in the not too distant past.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:38 pm

magicstag wrote:Dont think he can play for anyone else

If he’s playing for another team he’s been released /payed off and we should be fed that information from the club , this nonsense above he can play for who he likes while the investigation into said incident is rubbish , so Will we see Harry Maguire turning out for Spurs while the internal review at Utd is in progress ???
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:47 pm

Tomlinson came to us from Blackburn which is just down the road from Accrington. Perhaps GC has told him that he has no future at Mansfield and if he still lives over that way it may just be a means of keeping fit and to put himself in the shop window
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:52 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
magicstag wrote:Dont think he can play for anyone else

If he’s playing for another team he’s been released /payed off and we should be fed that information from the club , this nonsense above he can play for who he likes while the investigation into said incident is rubbish , so Will we see Harry Maguire turning out for Spurs while the internal review at Utd is in progress ???

Not always the case. We had jak Hickman on trial last season after being transfer listed by Coventry. Probably a case of being told he’s not wanted by the club but we’re not willing to pay him off so he’s found himself a suitor in Stanley and we’ve allowed them to take him on trial with view to signing for free from us.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum