{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Pre season training

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Pre season training

Postby west country stag » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:59 am

Any date for the players to return ?
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
User avatar
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:32 am
Location: Penzance , Cornwall

Re: Pre season training

Postby Spiritater » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:17 am

They've been up to Woburn in dribs n drabs for while now, but contracts don't kick in till Aug for t'newbies therefore not insured by t'club. So Aug 1st?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20933
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Pre season training

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:02 am

I'd guess 1 Aug for a 12 Sept start. But 12 Sept is not set in stone yet.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 20263
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Pre season training

Postby west country stag » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:30 am

Martin Shaw wrote:I'd guess 1 Aug for a 12 Sept start. But 12 Sept is not set in stone yet.


.... ok Martin thanks !
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
User avatar
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:32 am
Location: Penzance , Cornwall

Re: Pre season training

Postby Dave Wayne » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:46 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:I'd guess 1 Aug for a 12 Sept start. But 12 Sept is not set in stone yet.

I am a bit confused by this proposed 12th September start date.
The latest government guidance says that from 1st October, if prevalence remains or below current levels, they will bring back audiences in stadiums.
Does this mean the EFL are expecting lower league teams to start playing the season behind closed doors ? How is this financially viable ?
Also, if the season starts in September and the date for opening stadiums is pushed back it could cause significant financial difficulty for many clubs.
Dave Wayne
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 945
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: Pre season training

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:51 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:I'd guess 1 Aug for a 12 Sept start. But 12 Sept is not set in stone yet.

I am a bit confused by this proposed 12th September start date.
The latest government guidance says that from 1st October, if prevalence remains or below current levels, they will bring back audiences in stadiums.
Does this mean the EFL are expecting lower league teams to start playing the season behind closed doors ? How is this financially viable ?
Also, if the season starts in September and the date for opening stadiums is pushed back it could cause significant financial difficulty for many clubs.
I thought the current start date was October as well Dave.
Lower league clubs can't survive with empty stadiums.
Then there is the issue of the price of season tickets, if all the games aren't open to spectators ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6418
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Pre season training

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:57 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:I'd guess 1 Aug for a 12 Sept start. But 12 Sept is not set in stone yet.

I am a bit confused by this proposed 12th September start date.
The latest government guidance says that from 1st October, if prevalence remains or below current levels, they will bring back audiences in stadiums.
Does this mean the EFL are expecting lower league teams to start playing the season behind closed doors ? How is this financially viable ?
Also, if the season starts in September and the date for opening stadiums is pushed back it could cause significant financial difficulty for many clubs.
I thought the current start date was October as well Dave.
Lower league clubs can't survive with empty stadiums.
Then there is the issue of the price of season tickets, if all the games aren't open to spectators ?


The start date was voted on by the clubs before the goverment announced when spectators could come back. Im guessing we will now have to play afew matches BCD or adjust the start date again.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2626
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Pre season training

Postby NIGEL » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:15 pm

The vote for when the season starts is this Friday 24th July. They have 2 options on the vote, either 29th August or 12th September. The vote regarding a salary cap is the following week Thursday 30th or Friday 31st July. I am guessing along with everybody else that October crowds will be limited to 25% or 30% of total capacity with no away supporters. If the season starts before that the general consensus is the 3 or 4 games before October will be behind closed doors.
NIGEL
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 10:42 pm

Re: Pre season training

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:22 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:I'd guess 1 Aug for a 12 Sept start. But 12 Sept is not set in stone yet.

I am a bit confused by this proposed 12th September start date.
The latest government guidance says that from 1st October, if prevalence remains or below current levels, they will bring back audiences in stadiums.
Does this mean the EFL are expecting lower league teams to start playing the season behind closed doors ? How is this financially viable ?
Also, if the season starts in September and the date for opening stadiums is pushed back it could cause significant financial difficulty for many clubs.

the clubs are voting for either a 29 Aug or 12 Sept start. I expect they will vote for 12 Sept. I'd expect the season to start behind closed doors until October.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 20263
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Pre season training

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:30 pm

To start the season behind closed doors would not be financially viable for lower league clubs.
Unless the EFL are going to compensate the clubs.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6418
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Pre season training

Postby pemill » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:58 pm

Amber Andy wrote:To start the season behind closed doors would not be financially viable for lower league clubs.
Unless the EFL are going to compensate the clubs.


Why won't it be financially viable, the cost is minimal compared to not playing at all. we'd save a fortune and police, stewarding, catering and so on, pretty much that only leaves away travel costs.

Show the match in the SPB and get it on-line.
pemill
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:32 am

Re: Pre season training

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:56 pm

Back in training today.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2166
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Pre season training

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:56 pm

training started this morning

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 20263
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Pre season training

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:58 pm

who was the bloke at the back with long hair 2 mins in ?
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9870
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Pre season training

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:00 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:who was the bloke at the back with long hair 2 mins in ?


One of the youth lads I believe.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2166
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Pre season training

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:01 pm

Training grounds looking well !
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2626
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Pre season training

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:04 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:who was the bloke at the back with long hair 2 mins in ?

It looks like Jamie Chisholm to me.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 20263
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Pre season training

Postby geoffhill » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:11 pm

Jaimie Chisolm will make the grade imo.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2146
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Pre season training

Postby Dan » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:31 am

Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7585
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Pre season training

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:38 am

Amber Andy wrote:To start the season behind closed doors would not be financially viable for lower league clubs.
Unless the EFL are going to compensate the clubs.


It wouldn't be financially viable if clubs had to pay for testing, I don't think they will be needed by September.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2566
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Pre season training

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:11 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 20263
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Pre season training

Postby sunray » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:14 pm

Why not plan to finish the season at the end of May and start 1st October. With local lock downs the season is likely to be disrupted.
Put the friendlies on Ifollow to raise some money
The club should be collecting information on who attends in "bubbles" so they can start to work out the distancing required. For example if we need two seats separation my son and i could be xxssxx not xxsxxsxx
sunray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: Pre season training

Postby stag324 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:18 pm

sunray wrote:Why not plan to finish the season at the end of May and start 1st October. With local lock downs the season is likely to be disrupted.
Put the friendlies on Ifollow to raise some money
The club should be collecting information on who attends in "bubbles" so they can start to work out the distancing required. For example if we need two seats separation my son and i could be xxssxx not xxsxxsxx



The club dont need to do this with our attendances. If people use their common sense there will be enough room for everyone.
stag324
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: Pre season training

Postby Dan » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:07 pm

There’s your problem. We’ve already seen many examples of complete lack of intelligence in supermarkets and at Leeds & Liverpool.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7585
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Pre season training

Postby Sneag » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:28 pm

stag324 wrote:
sunray wrote:Why not plan to finish the season at the end of May and start 1st October. With local lock downs the season is likely to be disrupted.
Put the friendlies on Ifollow to raise some money
The club should be collecting information on who attends in "bubbles" so they can start to work out the distancing required. For example if we need two seats separation my son and i could be xxssxx not xxsxxsxx



The club dont need to do this with our attendances. If people use their common sense there will be enough room for everyone.


Common sense. :lol:
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8907
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests