{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:25 pm

oldweststander wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:We'll probably waste the money on a 2 year contract for a "name" dropping down the leagues looking for a last good pay day who then picks up a serious injury early in the season. :( :lol:

Hopefully David Sharpe makes sure we carry out proper medicals.



This has Stephen McLaughlin all over it :lol:


The fact that McLaughlin is a left sided midfielder adds credence to this theory, I would have hoped for someone a bit younger.

CJ leaving frees up good money and the fee, whatever it is, will be welcome too.



Absolutely, to get a big transfer fee (when was the last time we got 200-300k for one of ours?) in this current situation is impressive imo. Luckily we have great owners so some of that money will be spent on the playing squad.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6112
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby oldweststander » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:33 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:We'll probably waste the money on a 2 year contract for a "name" dropping down the leagues looking for a last good pay day who then picks up a serious injury early in the season. :( :lol:

Hopefully David Sharpe makes sure we carry out proper medicals.



This has Stephen McLaughlin all over it :lol:


The fact that McLaughlin is a left sided midfielder adds credence to this theory, I would have hoped for someone a bit younger.

CJ leaving frees up good money and the fee, whatever it is, will be welcome too.



Absolutely, to get a big transfer fee (when was the last time we got 200-300k for one of ours?) in this current situation is impressive imo. Luckily we have great owners so some of that money will be spent on the playing squad.



Hopefully?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3462
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:59 pm

Good luck to him and his leaving tweet was a good one but this is good business and makes sense. He was too inconsistent.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 14533
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:00 pm

A frequent comment from last season was CJ is a waste of a shirt, its like playing with ten men.

The club state Blackpool have been making regular offers for him. I suspect the only reason we exercised the option to extend the contract was so we could get something rather than nothing for him.

Withstanding his 2 month purple patch in the 18-19 season (just before Christmas) where everything he touched resulted in a goal and the game away at Exeter the same season he is average and replaceable. He had flashes of brilliance but far too infrequently. I believe it is therefore a good piece of business.

It's an extra £200k - £300k for GC to use in the transfer market.

I have a feeling it's exactly the same situation with Mal (exercising the additional year) and wouldn't be surprised if he too goes for a fee at some point.

I wish CJ all the best he is a top bloke but we needed a complete rebuild and that's exactly what we are going to get.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2411
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:02 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:A frequent comment from last season was CJ is a waste of a shirt, its like playing with ten men.

The club state Blackpool have been making regular offers for him. I suspect the only reason we exercised the option to extend the contract was so we could get something rather than nothing for him.

Withstanding his 2 month purple patch in the 18-19 season (just before Christmas) where everything he touched resulted in a goal and the game away at Exeter the same season he is average and replaceable. He had flashes of brilliance but far too infrequently. I believe it is therefore a good piece of business.

It's an extra £200k - £300k for GC to use in the transfer market.

I have a feeling it's exactly the same situation with Mal (exercising the additional year) and wouldn't be surprised if he too goes for a fee at some point.

I wish CJ all the best he is a top bloke but we needed a complete rebuild and that's exactly what we are going to get.

It’s a double bubble. CJ”s wages are freed up and there’s the fee added on
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 14533
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:08 pm

I don’t think he’s have been on anything special wage wise, as a basic salary anyway.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6520
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:13 pm

Conker wrote:He didn’t want to extend his contract, like Clucas.

Where did you get that information from ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6434
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby Conker » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:32 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Conker wrote:He didn’t want to extend his contract, like Clucas.

Where did you get that information from ?


The article on the official website?
Conker
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2926
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby Conker » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:33 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I don’t think he’s have been on anything special wage wise, as a basic salary anyway.


Who CJ? Didn’t he get a extension when he was on fire?
Conker
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2926
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:39 pm

Conker wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Conker wrote:He didn’t want to extend his contract, like Clucas.

Where did you get that information from ?


The article on the official website?
Thanks, just read it. The fee is undisclosed. It's the sell on that's important.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6434
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:48 pm

Conker wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I don’t think he’s have been on anything special wage wise, as a basic salary anyway.


Who CJ? Didn’t he get a extension when he was on fire?


It was signed in April 2018, just after Flitcroft came in. At that stage he’s scored 3 goals in 75 games.

Since then he’s scored 17 in 96.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6520
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:53 pm

:( Will miss you CJ

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5898
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby garlic » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:58 pm

You will be missed CJ, but i hope you make it to the championship like Clucas.
garlic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby Spiritater » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:44 pm

clucas got to premier league
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20972
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:01 pm

Thanks CJ.

I liked him but was very 1 dimensional. ...

So, who's his replacement?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4604
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby oldweststander » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:24 am

MTFCMusings wrote:I don’t think he’s have been on anything special wage wise, as a basic salary anyway.



I think he was on good money, didn't he re-sign under Evans?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3462
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:44 am

oldweststander wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I don’t think he’s have been on anything special wage wise, as a basic salary anyway.



I think he was on good money, didn't he re-sign under Evans?


See further up. His latest contract was signed under Flitcroft as a time he had scored 3 goals in 70 odd appearances.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6520
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby Gruff » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:42 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:We'll probably waste the money on a 2 year contract for a "name" dropping down the leagues looking for a last good pay day who then picks up a serious injury early in the season. :( :lol:

Hopefully David Sharpe makes sure we carry out proper medicals.


Or you might get a Scott Sellars or a David Kelly.....
User avatar
Gruff
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:42 am

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby Laney_MTFC » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:44 am

One of the few not arsed about losing CJ, glad we got a fee for him
Laney_MTFC
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:43 am

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby The One » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:15 am

Laney_MTFC wrote:One of the few not arsed about losing CJ, glad we got a fee for him



Same here, we robbed them
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11491
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby HitchcocksShins » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:56 am

Only good business here. CJ plays one really good game, two ok games and two poor. He had zero strength battling opposition for the ball, he would often have to beat his man multiple times (which he would, but then he'd lose it) would often just go missing, has a goal average of 1 in roughly 10 which for an attacking winger in a team serious about promotion is poor. At 25 I'd say he's pretty much a finished article but that's debatable. If he's going to continue to be a "confidence player" he was fail spectacularly in league one. We've robbed them there.
Next PYHBO! Issue due first game back.

twitter.com/SatiricalStag
User avatar
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:17 am

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby Amberheart » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:11 pm

Good luck to the lad . Thank you for your efforts CJ & good bye
We dream the same dream,we want the same thing
User avatar
Amberheart
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3130
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:31 pm

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:12 pm

Jordan Roberts been released by Ipswich...
Would be a brilliant replacement....
Prob end up in league 1 though.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3565
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby spanishstag » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:32 pm

Sad to see him go ,but football is about money atm ,good deal ,get money in ,strengthen the squad and move on ,
spanishstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2109
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby Billy the fish » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:40 pm

Gruff wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:We'll probably waste the money on a 2 year contract for a "name" dropping down the leagues looking for a last good pay day who then picks up a serious injury early in the season. :( :lol:

Hopefully David Sharpe makes sure we carry out proper medicals.


Or you might get a Scott Sellars or a David Kelly.....


Chris Brunt released by WBA has stated he’d like to carry on playing and thinks he’s got a couple more seasons in him at the age of 35 . Probably drop to league 1 though and wages would be out our reach
User avatar
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:54 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bmthstag, Chants, one f in mansfield, Sneag, teg41, West Ham 1969 and 48 guests