{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

CJ to Blackpool

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:40 am

I'm well pleased for cj. hope he rips it up
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:49 am

Chander Lear wrote:I'm well pleased for cj. hope he rips it up

i’m more pleased if he moved again and we cash in, anyone heard what our sell on clause was ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:00 am

Conker wrote:I’m sure MTFC will reap the benefits if he manages to find consistency.
I'm not sure we will reap the benefits. Do we know the actual amount we received for him and what the sell on percentage is ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:24 am

Generally these kinds of deals have a 20% sell on fee. Without actually seeing the deal made can't say for certain.

Usually it's 25% of the profit from the sale. So if they sell him for a £1m we get £175,000 from the sale.

That's just an average example (the 25% bit) but we could have asked for more from Blackpool and they wouldn't budge so then you start with extras like performance. Playing in x amount of games or scoring x amount of goals or Blackpool promoted. Think back to the larwrence deal as an example.

It's possible we've accepted a lower offer with a higher % of the profit. Or we could have negotiated x% of the sale regardless of profit. Nobody knows except those at the club.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:21 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:An assist for CJ yesterday and he sets up another chance at the end.

Classic CJ, terrorising the defence with pace and skill, then the killer pass across the box. The main difference being that Blackpool forwards are able to anticipate the pass.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:50 pm

I bet he’s so glad he’s gone. He’s actually got forwards in the box. He never had anyone here doing that apart from maybe Walker.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:45 pm

Really pleased it's working out for him.
Can see him going onto bigger things in the future.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:36 pm

chip63 wrote:Really pleased it's working out for him.
I know a Blackpool fan who says they are poor this season compared to last season and losing regularly. They were bottom two I think when we last chatted
Last season they were brilliant apparently pushing for the play offs until they tailed off.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:38 pm

ST4GS wrote:
I know a Blackpool fan who says they are poor this season compared to last season and losing regularly. They were bottom two I think when we last chatted
Last season they were brilliant apparently pushing for the play offs until they tailed off.

Sounds familiar
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:54 pm

ST4GS wrote:

yeah saw they were bottom two the other week after only winning once... weird because I thought they signed some good players this summer
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Herts Stag » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:22 pm

Saw that CJ was on the bench last night. Was he injured or just reverted to his inconsistent self?
Herts Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:31 pm

Another goal for CJ and involved in build up for first goal. I'd give him an assist :lol:

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:56 am

I Miss CJ :(
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:58 am

That pace for his goal is incredible. How far behind was he to catch up
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:58 am

Chander Lear wrote:I Miss CJ :(

So does the team. But some on here thought he was useless and not worth his place.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:02 am

Good old CJ. Nice lad too always took time out to talk to my grandkids. Wasted at left back mind but brilliant on the left wing, boy do we miss you. Still had stags fans on here though moaning at him. Bit like moaning at Walker, oh he's lazy. Unbelievable.
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby geoffhill » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:02 pm

He was/is inconsistant but I would have him in my team every time.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:39 pm

CJ was brilliant. His pace is unreal and he put some brilliant balls in but our strikers didn't always capitalise. I think some of our fans (not all fans) are only realising how good he was now he's tearing teams apart in league one. I still can't believe people moaned at him.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:59 pm

Stoney wrote:CJ was brilliant. His pace is unreal and he put some brilliant balls in but our strikers didn't always capitalise. I think some of our fans (not all fans) are only realising how good he was now he's tearing teams apart in league one. I still can't believe people moaned at him.

The fact is thou Stoney he had gone stale here.... He was woeful for the last 3 months of flitcrofts tenure and continued to be terrible & dis-interested under Demps and GC and was quite rightly criticised.
It was clear he needed to move to get his mojo back... Looks like he has at Blackpool
Good luck to him I say.... Just add him to the list of players who flourish after leaving the negative dark cloud which is MTFC
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Stoney » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:19 am

No he was not woeful. This is what I mean. I can't even get into it, it winds me up.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:42 am

Stoney wrote:No he was not woeful. This is what I mean. I can't even get into it, it winds me up.

Overall, CJ's time at Mansfield has been a positive rather than negative. Everyone remembered when Murray signed him, he was just legs and could barely make a pass. He improved a lot with us and he was fantastic under flitcroft when he scored about 15 goals that season and still played in about 4 different positions a game. Some games he would be disappointing, but that's part and parcel with league two players.

He was exciting to watch too, we don't get many players at Mansfield who get the fans off their feet that often but he was entertaining too. I think he can get to the championship at some point in his career
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:00 am

Stoney wrote:No he was not woeful. This is what I mean. I can't even get into it, it winds me up.

Did you watch him the last season he had with us?.... Couldn't beat a man or get a cross over... Fell over everytime someone breathed near him, was obvious that he didn't want to be here so JR quite rightly cashed in on him.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby daddycool » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:45 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:
Stoney wrote:CJ was brilliant. His pace is unreal and he put some brilliant balls in but our strikers didn't always capitalise. I think some of our fans (not all fans) are only realising how good he was now he's tearing teams apart in league one. I still can't believe people moaned at him.

The fact is thou Stoney he had gone stale here.... He was woeful for the last 3 months of flitcrofts tenure and continued to be terrible & dis-interested under Demps and GC and was quite rightly criticised.
It was clear he needed to move to get his mojo back... Looks like he has at Blackpool
Good luck to him I say.... Just add him to the list of players who flourish after leaving the negative dark cloud which is MTFC

WOW mr positive
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:08 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:

Did you watch him the last season he had with us?.... Couldn't beat a man or get a cross over... Fell over everytime someone breathed near him, was obvious that he didn't want to be here so JR quite rightly cashed in on him.

Did you watch Mansfield last season? Most were garbage. Did you seen CJ the year before that? He was one of the best players in the league and rightly so
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:10 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:

Woeful for the last 3 months of his tenure? He scored 6 goal in his last 14 games (March, April and May, the last 3 months)

Really woeful stuff.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum