{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:00 pm

Welcome to MTFC Farrend
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5898
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:54 pm

Seems like a nice lad from that clip. Said all the right things with A smile on his face.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4604
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Postby The One » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:58 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Seems like a nice lad from that clip. Said all the right things with A smile on his face.


Think he is the only one who has not mentioned training ground in interview.
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11491
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:04 pm

The One wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Seems like a nice lad from that clip. Said all the right things with A smile on his face.


Think he is the only one who has not mentioned training ground in interview.

About time.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Postby Dan » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:32 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Welcome young man.

When he was at Rotherham Stev Evans rated him good enough to develop not a premiership player. Lots of promise.

Steve who ?


A better Stags manager than your mate Flitcroft ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7605
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:43 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:however released by the mighty FGR


Do you go out of your way to be a horse’s ar5e or does it just come naturally ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 14533
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:53 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:however released by the mighty FGR


Do you go out of your way to be a horse’s ar5e or does it just come naturally ?


oh the irony :roll:
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9919
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:54 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:however released by the mighty FGR


Do you go out of your way to be a horse’s ar5e or does it just come naturally ?


oh the irony :roll:


So was he released by FGR?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 14533
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:13 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:however released by the mighty FGR


Do you go out of your way to be a horse’s ar5e or does it just come naturally ?


oh the irony :roll:


So was he released by FGR?


https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/ ... en-rovers/

1-0 to Yorkie
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6515
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Postby oldweststander » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:43 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:however released by the mighty FGR


Do you go out of your way to be a horse’s ar5e or does it just come naturally ?


oh the irony :roll:


So was he released by FGR?


https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/ ... en-rovers/

1-0 to Yorkie



Yes he was released but for what reason?
If FGR were not prepared to offer him his current salary and he wouldn't accept less he is therefore released.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3462
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:38 pm

Dan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Welcome young man.

When he was at Rotherham Stev Evans rated him good enough to develop not a premiership player. Lots of promise.

Steve who ?


A better Stags manager than your mate Flitcroft ;)

:hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria:

I know you didn't like Flitcroft Dan but for us history books shows Flitcroft was way more successful in league 2 for us than Evans. Hell even Paul Cox finished higher than Evans did in league 2. Adam Murray equalled his finish with a smaller budget.

That's like saying Calvin Andrew is a better striker than Tyler walker because Calvin scored against the Sheep.

Genuinely though, thanks for the laugh. I've been feeling really down recently and it cheered me up a bit.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6456
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:58 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Dan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Welcome young man.

When he was at Rotherham Stev Evans rated him good enough to develop not a premiership player. Lots of promise.

Steve who ?


A better Stags manager than your mate Flitcroft ;)

:hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria:

I know you didn't like Flitcroft Dan but for us history books shows Flitcroft was way more successful in league 2 for us than Evans. Hell even Paul Cox finished higher than Evans did in league 2. Adam Murray equalled his finish with a smaller budget.

That's like saying Calvin Andrew is a better striker than Tyler walker because Calvin scored against the Sheep.

Genuinely though, thanks for the laugh. I've been feeling really down recently and it cheered me up a bit.


:hysteria:

Gazza as you say history doesn't lie and as with all stats can be spun in many ways. Flitcroft left the club after a 4th place finish, Evans left us whilst in 5th and a game in hand that could have easily taken us 4th.

Just look at Martins analysis of managers win ratios the only history that tends to be focused on.

Freddie Steele 50.9%
Paul Cox 48.4%
Harry Martin 48.0%
Dave Smith 46.8%
Steve Evans 45.3%
Peter Morris 45.2%
Tommy Cummings 43.4%
Raich Carter 43.2%
Charlie Mitten 43.1%
Jack Hickling 42.6%
David Holdsworth 41.7%
Keith Curle 40.5%
George Jobey 40.0%
Harry Parkes 39.7%
Harry Wightman 38.9%
David Flitcroft 37.9%
Steve Parkin 37.8%
Stan Mercer 36.2%
Stuart Watkiss 35.7%
Tommy Eggleston 35.5%
Danny Williams 34.9%
Billy Dearden 34.2%
Duncan Russell 33.3%
Ian Greaves 33.2%
George Foster 32.8%
Mick Jones 32.6%
Andy King 32.2%
Stuart Boam 31.9%
Adam Murray 31.9%
Billy McEwan 31.8%
Roy Goodall 31.8%
Jack Poole 31.7%
Carlton Palmer 31.0%
Paul Holland 30.8%
Peter Shirtliff 30.5%
Jock Basford 27.5%
Sam Weaver 27.4%
Billy Bingham 26.7%
Charles Bell 25.0%
John Dempster 23.8%

History will of course show that Evans left for the Chinese precinct of Peterborough but also show the capitulation of Flitcroft as a Mansfield Town manager in both the 17/18 season and the 18/19 season.

History and how it can be interpreted eh? :wink:
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2411
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:45 pm

The history books show Stuart Watkiss as someone who managed us to promotion out of league 2 and has a worse managerial record than both.

What the history books doesn't show is that Evans signed loads of players and still ended up relying on Adam Murray's signings to win him games. It also doesn't show that Flitcroft got lumbered with 2 defensive crocs, a right winger who Evans played at full back and told to sell players before signing others and was unable to do so, because nobody wanted them.

They also don't show that Flitcroft had us playing some of the best football in years, played more of the youth team players than other managers in recent years
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6456
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Postby Dan » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:55 pm

Keep clutching at those straws Gazza. The facts show Evans was better than Flitcroft as above so my point still stands. Good to see you & Andy are still not over Mr Failure though :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7605
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Postby ParisStag » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:08 pm

oldweststander wrote:Yes he was released but for what reason?
If FGR were not prepared to offer him his current salary and he wouldn't accept less he is therefore released.


I heard he fell out with Cooper (not hard to do), but most FGR fans are gutted to lose him.
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5123
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Postby Conker » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:14 pm

.
Conker
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2926
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:19 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:however released by the mighty FGR


Do you go out of your way to be a horse’s ar5e or does it just come naturally ?


oh the irony :roll:


So was he released by FGR?


https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/ ... en-rovers/

1-0 to Yorkie


:lol: Yes :lol:
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9919
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Postby m1cksut » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:02 am

yorkshire stag wrote:however released by the mighty FGR



the mighty FGR, who finished the season HOW many places above us?
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
User avatar
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1410
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:18 pm

Re: New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:31 am

Stags 2002 wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Dan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Welcome young man.

When he was at Rotherham Stev Evans rated him good enough to develop not a premiership player. Lots of promise.

Steve who ?


A better Stags manager than your mate Flitcroft ;)

:hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria:

I know you didn't like Flitcroft Dan but for us history books shows Flitcroft was way more successful in league 2 for us than Evans. Hell even Paul Cox finished higher than Evans did in league 2. Adam Murray equalled his finish with a smaller budget.

That's like saying Calvin Andrew is a better striker than Tyler walker because Calvin scored against the Sheep.

Genuinely though, thanks for the laugh. I've been feeling really down recently and it cheered me up a bit.


:hysteria:

Gazza as you say history doesn't lie and as with all stats can be spun in many ways. Flitcroft left the club after a 4th place finish, Evans left us whilst in 5th and a game in hand that could have easily taken us 4th.

Just look at Martins analysis of managers win ratios the only history that tends to be focused on.

Freddie Steele 50.9%
Paul Cox 48.4%
Harry Martin 48.0%
Dave Smith 46.8%
Steve Evans 45.3%
Peter Morris 45.2%
Tommy Cummings 43.4%
Raich Carter 43.2%
Charlie Mitten 43.1%
Jack Hickling 42.6%
David Holdsworth 41.7%
Keith Curle 40.5%
George Jobey 40.0%
Harry Parkes 39.7%
Harry Wightman 38.9%
David Flitcroft 37.9%
Steve Parkin 37.8%
Stan Mercer 36.2%
Stuart Watkiss 35.7%
Tommy Eggleston 35.5%
Danny Williams 34.9%
Billy Dearden 34.2%
Duncan Russell 33.3%
Ian Greaves 33.2%
George Foster 32.8%
Mick Jones 32.6%
Andy King 32.2%
Stuart Boam 31.9%
Adam Murray 31.9%
Billy McEwan 31.8%
Roy Goodall 31.8%
Jack Poole 31.7%
Carlton Palmer 31.0%
Paul Holland 30.8%
Peter Shirtliff 30.5%
Jock Basford 27.5%
Sam Weaver 27.4%
Billy Bingham 26.7%
Charles Bell 25.0%
John Dempster 23.8%

History will of course show that Evans left for the Chinese precinct of Peterborough but also show the capitulation of Flitcroft as a Mansfield Town manager in both the 17/18 season and the 18/19 season.

History and how it can be interpreted eh? :wink:

I actually liked Flitcroft, however when I used to go and watch the Stags under Evans, I expected us to win. Under DF I expected decent football, but not the expected win, especially near the end of his reign. If Evans has stayed I think we’d be playing league 1 football now. I hate Evans but his record is better!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:33 am

m1cksut wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:however released by the mighty FGR



the mighty FGR, who finished the season HOW many places above us?


was being Veggiest
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9919
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:48 am

Was he released, or did he fail to agree terms?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4604
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:56 am

Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9919
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Postby Big yella » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:41 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:however released by the mighty FGR


Do you go out of your way to be a horse’s ar5e or does it just come naturally ?


oh the irony :roll:


So was he released by FGR?


https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/ ... en-rovers/

1-0 to Yorkie

I think you should read the third sentence of that article.

"The central defender, 23, will leave The New Lawn after his contract expired at the end of the season."
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4395
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:55 pm

Or

read the title of the article
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9919
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: New Signing Farrend RAWSON

Postby Big yella » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:03 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Or

read the title of the article

Headline or the bit with the facts in it. Let me think......
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4395
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am
Location: Forest Town

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: IAmTheStag, MTFCMAD, w12stag, x-type, yellowstagsfan and 53 guests