{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

florist

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: florist

Postby spanishstag » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:16 pm

part time pete wrote:
spanishstag wrote:I remember it so well big yella ,i even remember a sunny afternoon in lisbon in the mid sixties ,when a team with every player born within 15 miles of glasgow stunned inter , :lol:

I think it might have been 30 miles. ;)

Just checked on wiki,it may be wrong but it says out of the 15 man squad all but one were born within 10 miles the odd one out was born 30 miles away
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:27 pm

victor A block wrote:Probably the main thing I dislike about them is Colin Fray who commentates on Radio Red. The man has being doing it for years and never yet commentated on a game Forest deserved to lose. Its a total mystery to him why they aren't in the top flight. Keeps him awake at night. He'd be unbearable if they actually did something.

It must be something in the water in that city because Slater was just the same when commentating on County.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:49 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
victor A block wrote:Probably the main thing I dislike about them is Colin Fray who commentates on Radio Red. The man has being doing it for years and never yet commentated on a game Forest deserved to lose. Its a total mystery to him why they aren't in the top flight. Keeps him awake at night. He'd be unbearable if they actually did something.

It must be something in the water in that city because Slater was just the same when commentating on County.

It’s funny because they say the same about our commentators too. I loathed Slater, I must admit but he did love his club.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Madstagsfan3 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:40 pm

ParisStag wrote:I live in Nottingham and I can't think of anything worse than them being in the Premier League. It would be unbearable.

Might be funny to see them get absolutely tonked every week though.
:lol:
Madstagsfan3
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:55 pm

Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
spanishstag wrote:I must be in the minority then ,because i wish them nothing but well ,i never think of them as a rival because they are simply at a different level ,all my best mates were florist fans when i lived in notts and they were great lads ,anyway i think too dislike them as a club because quite a few locals follow them is just stags fans not wanting to accept our own clubs failings over the years .

No, I’m the same. They’re not a rival.

Man U and Liverpool aren't our rivals, it doesn't stop their fans being arrogant raspberries does it. ;)

Got half a dozen mates who support Forest. Every one of them looks out for our results.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:57 pm

Madstagsfan3 wrote:
ParisStag wrote:I live in Nottingham and I can't think of anything worse than them being in the Premier League. It would be unbearable.

Might be funny to see them get absolutely tonked every week though.
:lol:

What with the likes of watford ,palace ,everton ,newcastle ,,lets face it the premiere league is the most over hyped league in europe ,bit like anthony joshua come to think of it who pays the prices :roll:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:46 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
spanishstag wrote:I must be in the minority then ,because i wish them nothing but well ,i never think of them as a rival because they are simply at a different level ,all my best mates were florist fans when i lived in notts and they were great lads ,anyway i think too dislike them as a club because quite a few locals follow them is just stags fans not wanting to accept our own clubs failings over the years .

Man U and Liverpool aren't our rivals, it doesn't stop their fans being arrogant raspberries does it. ;)

Got half a dozen mates who support Forest. Every one of them looks out for our results.

And?
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:04 am

Surely it can only be good for Forest to be in the Prem, it will attract more visitors to the area and maybe Mansfield and the surrounding area will benefit.

In my opinion Forest don't really have a negative knock-on effect on the Stags, they've historically been a bigger club and in a higher division. Like many others, I also know several people who support Forest but come to the Stags when they can, not just for the big games either.

I hope Forest make through the play-offs and give Nottinghamshire some representation in the top flight, it will give the county some balance in the sense of a Prem team, an EFL team and a non league team assuming Counteh fail in their play-offs.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:10 pm

Noticed yesterday that Calum Elder and Taff were starting next to each other for Hull...

But back to forest, if they were prem it would help us getting some of their youth talent on loan, especially if we were in league one.
Can see Walker being up for grabs soon if they go up
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:25 am

pemill wrote:Surely it can only be good for Forest to be in the Prem, it will attract more visitors to the area and maybe Mansfield and the surrounding area will benefit.

In my opinion Forest don't really have a negative knock-on effect on the Stags, they've historically been a bigger club and in a higher division. Like many others, I also know several people who support Forest but come to the Stags when they can, not just for the big games either.

I hope Forest make through the play-offs and give Nottinghamshire some representation in the top flight, it will give the county some balance in the sense of a Prem team, an EFL team and a non league team assuming Counteh fail in their play-offs.

Couldn't agree more
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amberheart » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:28 am

Sedgwick wrote:Noticed yesterday that Calum Elder and Taff were starting next to each other for Hull...

But back to forest, if they were prem it would help us getting some of their youth talent on loan, especially if we were in league one.
Can see Walker being up for grabs soon if they go up

I liked Calum Elder he gave his all when he played for us .
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:57 am

stag324 wrote:
pemill wrote:Surely it can only be good for Forest to be in the Prem, it will attract more visitors to the area and maybe Mansfield and the surrounding area will benefit.

Couldn't agree more

Apart from taking future generations of MTFC fans, you mean?

We shouldn't begrudge another club's success because it highlights our own clubs ineptitude, but that is what we're doing.

A successful Forest detracts from Mansfield. However, if we were having a good run, were challenging for a L1 playoff spot and had a ground with 4 sides, we could easily hold our own.

However what isn't acceptable is that the SITC team seem to allow Forest and County to lay claim to what is geographicly a Mansfield 'patch' without even a whimper. They don't seem to go to any local schools or do any give-aways.

We need to be better on the pitch, have a better stadium and have a better outreach programme.

There's easily enough room for us all, but it's a case doing what it takes to get to that level. Currently, we're way off and frankly it's the fault of a succession of decades of bad decisions which really need addressing.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:43 pm

The thing that annoys me most about Florist fans is their constant bleating that they need to get back to their 'rightful place' in the Premiership. How is it their rightful place ? In their total history they have spent more seasons outside the top flight than in it. Since the Premiership began they have been in it for 5 seasons out of the 28. They are an average Championship club who occasionally flirt with the top level.
Also, the predictability when talking to a Florist fan that at some point they will mention 2 European Cups - it's almost like the same timer we use when playing against a team from Yorkshire or Wales as to how long before they chant Scabs.
One way to wind up the Florist fans is to point out to them that they are still the only team to fall to the third tier of their domestic league after winning the European cup.
There is no doubting that their achievements in the 70s and 80s were remarkable for an average sized club, but sadly they are still dining out on it 40 years later.
Any success for them will always see an impact on our attendances as the 'floaters' jump ship.
Nothing to worry about though - they are bigger bottlers than us when it comes to playoffs !!
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:08 pm

Norman wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

And?

And we all know your walnut whip gets all tumescent at the merest mention of them. It’s entirely out of character as you’re normally so sunny and objective.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:21 pm

With a few minutes to go and the scores as they stand, Forest have amazingly somehow blown it!!!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:27 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:30 pm

A bottle of the highest order, jesus christ.

This is brilliant.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:32 pm

Forest officially did a flitcroft
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:32 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:A bottle of the highest order, jesus christ.

This is brilliant.

Oh dear never mind lol!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Norman » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:34 pm

Would love it if we went up next season and they got relegated!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:34 pm

Brilliant seeing them bottle this, I’ll sleep well knowing that all the Forest fans from Mansfield will be upset
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:35 pm

And Muzza's Barnsley will survive if Wigan get the points reduction.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:36 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:Brilliant seeing them bottle this, I’ll sleep well knowing that all the Forest fans from Mansfield will be upset

Me too , just seen my florist loving neighbour in florist shirt shedding a tear oh how I laughed !
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:38 pm

Tyler Walker taken a bad case of Mansfield bottle back to City Gound
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager