{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

florist

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: florist

Postby Richard Cranium » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:36 pm

Give us Tyler Walker back and they can go where they want
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:39 pm

Ive got a forest mate who has turned his back on forest in favour of Mansfield over past seasons because he enjoyed it more! I'd say the past 7 of the last 10 seasons has been hard work and drudgery for forest.

We will get fans in if we're doing well, regardless of what forest do. We just never seem to build on our momentum or make it over the promotion line, that would bring more fans than we'd lose through people wanting to attend forest games if they were in the prem.

We should sort ourselves out and get promoted.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:47 pm

I could never love another, never!!
you don’t choose ya team,
ya team chooses you

Till i Die
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:18 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:I could never love another, never!!
you don’t choose ya team,
ya team chooses you

Till i Die

I wouldn't say he supports Mansfield, but he definitely goes to more stags games than forest games.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby mpex77 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:24 pm

I know plenty of Forest fans who look out for our results and some will go to the odd match, home or away.
Likewise, I’ll go to a couple of Forest matches each season. Last match was against Millwall just before lockdown.
Stags will always be my club but would be happy to see our close neighbours back in the premiership.
We have no rivalry, never has been, never will be.
mpex77
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby frt1987 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:43 pm

Our record of being the only Nottinghamshire side to play at new Wembley is under threat from two angles! Be nice to keep this record
frt1987
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Norman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:48 pm

mpex77 wrote:I know plenty of Forest fans who look out for our results and some will go to the odd match, home or away.
Likewise, I’ll go to a couple of Forest matches each season. Last match was against Millwall just before lockdown.
Stags will always be my club but would be happy to see our close neighbours back in the premiership.

Mpex 77 how very wrong you are . Prior to florist glory years hardly anyone from the Mansfield area supported florist and they were local rivals and still are in my opinion . They are a local side that steal support from my town ! In my opinion if you support florist and Stags you aint a true Stags fan. MTID! One team In Notts MTFC! One team one country MTFC and England no one else maters !
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Norman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:49 pm

mpex77 wrote:I know plenty of Forest fans who look out for our results and some will go to the odd match, home or away.

Mpex 77 how very wrong you are . Prior to florist glory years hardly anyone from the Mansfield area supported florist and they were local rivals and still are in my opinion . They are a local side that steal support from my town ! In my opinion if you support florist and Stags you aint a true Stags fan. MTID! One team In Notts MTFC! One team one country MTFC and England no one else maters !
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Norman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:50 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
spanishstag wrote:I must be in the minority then ,because i wish them nothing but well ,i never think of them as a rival because they are simply at a different level ,all my best mates were florist fans when i lived in notts and they were great lads ,anyway i think too dislike them as a club because quite a few locals follow them is just stags fans not wanting to accept our own clubs failings over the years .

No, I’m the same. They’re not a rival.

Cause they are fgs ! They take support out of our town and are local!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:03 am

How does the song go?

We hate Nottingham forest
We hate county too...
We hate chesterfield,
But Mansfield we love you.

I don't hate forest at all. We aren't rivals in my opinion.

They are however spreading their far reaching tentacles out and will steal future stags fans as and when they get promoted.

We had a thread about how they give free kit out to kids at school even in the Mansfield area, and someone.from the the SITC came on to defend the clubs appalling schools programme. They also said that notts county have a bigger reach than us.

We're not on-field rivals, but we are when it.comes to trying to attract fans.from the local area. We can't just expect new fans to turn up we have to earn them. Play well, win matches, get promoted, get out into the community. We can't just blame forest for doing something week should be doing, but aren't.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:57 am

I used to quite like the idea of Forest getting back to the Prem and I can't for the life of me figure out why these days. Their fan base is some of the most obnoxious in the country. Their sense of superiority over others because of success that happened over 4 decades ago is as embarrassing as it is irritating.
Can't say anything bad about Forest though because Mansfield have never won Champions League. Smug R.Soles.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:16 am

HitchcocksShins wrote:I used to quite like the idea of Forest getting back to the Prem and I can't for the life of me figure out why these days. Their fan base is some of the most obnoxious in the country. Their sense of superiority over others because of success that happened over 4 decades ago is as embarrassing as it is irritating.
Can't say anything bad about Forest though because Mansfield have never won Champions League. Smug R.Soles.

Did they win the champions League? I didn't know
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:39 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:I used to quite like the idea of Forest getting back to the Prem and I can't for the life of me figure out why these days. Their fan base is some of the most obnoxious in the country. Their sense of superiority over others because of success that happened over 4 decades ago is as embarrassing as it is irritating.

No they won the european cup ,when it was arguably harder to win because it only allowed the champions of countries in ,then won it again ,
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:44 am

spanishstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

No they won the european cup ,when it was arguably harder to win because it only allowed the champions of countries in ,then won it again ,

I'd say it was easier to win as there would only be half a dozen decent teams in it and a load of dross like Sligo Rovers ans Amonia Nicosia.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:50 am

Sneag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

I'd say it was easier to win as there would only be half a dozen decent teams in it and a load of dross like Sligo Rovers ans Amonia Nicosia.

But you could not afford to lose three or four games and win it in those days
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:32 am

Sneag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

I think Sligo Rovers are still interested in winning it but are simply not good enough. Every year there would be only 1 champion of Europe so it would be no harder or easier to win in 1979 as it would be in 2020 as there can only be one winner each year.
In 1979 it was much harder to qualify but easier to progress to the semi finals, In 2020 it is much easier to qualify but harder to progress as you have difficult qualifying and very difficult last 16 and quarter final games. But when these probabilities are combined the odds were the same in 1979 as there are in 2020
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:47 am

How many teams shouldn’t have won it due to not finishing 1st in their league? Liverpool wouldn’t have won it 05 or 19 and wouldn’t have made the Final in 07 & 18. They are the biggest winners of the new system maybe alongside Real Madrid.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:13 pm

spanishstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Pedant alert!!!!

If only the champions countries were allowed to enter, how did Florist win it twice when they've only won the league once. ;) ;) :lol: :lol:
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:16 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Sneag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

But you could not afford to lose three or four games and win it in those days

Pedant alert!!!

Yes you could. You could lose every first leg 1-0 so long as you won the second leg 2-0.
Liverpool lost 2 out of 8 on their route to the !977 final equal to 25%. They lost 2 out of 12 on their way to the 2005 final (16.66%), and only got out of the group stage thanks to a late Gerrard screamer against Olympiacos.

You really don't remember the competition that well do you. ;) ;) :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Big yella on Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:24 pm

Probably the main thing I dislike about them is Colin Fray who commentates on Radio Red. The man has being doing it for years and never yet commentated on a game Forest deserved to lose. Its a total mystery to him why they aren't in the top flight. Keeps him awake at night. He'd be unbearable if they actually did something.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:11 pm

I don't see Forest as a local rival at all. They are without doubt the number 1 team in Nottinghamshire and we will never be a position to compete with them.
they had some great times under Clough and deserve the accolades they get. To have won the European come twice is a great achievement.

Whereas Notts Co. and us are pretty much on an even playing field at the moment and it will always between us two as to who is the second team in Nottinghamshire.
Currently we are ahead

The real idiots are those over in Derbyshire and they are the ones I despise
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Beyond The Pale » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:44 pm

Well, I feel proud to come from a county that has won two European Cups.

For all their self promotion, there's no team from the puddings that have won it. or any of the surrounding counties come to that.

Forest aren't our rival, & I wish them well.
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:04 pm

Beyond The Pale wrote:Well, I feel proud to come from a county that has won two European Cups.

For all their self promotion, there's no team from the puddings that have won it. or any of the surrounding counties come to that.

Forest aren't our rival, & I wish them well.

:clap:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:26 pm

I remember it so well big yella ,i even remember a sunny afternoon in lisbon in the mid sixties ,when a team with every player born within 15 miles of glasgow stunned inter , :lol:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:35 pm

spanishstag wrote:I remember it so well big yella ,i even remember a sunny afternoon in lisbon in the mid sixties ,when a team with every player born within 15 miles of glasgow stunned inter , :lol:

I think it might have been 30 miles. ;)
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum