{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

RIP - Jack Charlton

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: RIP - Jack Charlton

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:21 am

part time pete wrote:
Dan wrote:
Sneag wrote:Manager of Sheff United according to MotD. :roll:

I couldn’t believe it when Lineker said that :oops:

He did apologise later in the programme and correct the statement.

Doesn’t make him any less of a left wing virtue signalling bellthronk
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:26 am

w12stag wrote:07.02.70.FA cup.Leeds2 Stags0.In the days before squad rotation Leeds team,according to the programme,was Sprake,Reaney,Cooper,Bremner,Charlton,Hunter,Lorimer,Clarke,Jones,Giles Madeley.Vaguely remember Charlton being beaten to a header from a corner or free kick and the subsequent "goal" disallowed for a dubious infringement.R.I.P John.

Yes I went to that game as a young child with my Dad. A great occasion. Stags did have a goal disallowed and I think it may have been Dudley Roberts ?
We took a massive following and I think part highlights were shown on Match Of The Day.
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby w12stag » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:47 pm

Think you are correct MOTG,it was Dudley Roberts
w12stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:02 pm

MOTG wrote:
w12stag wrote:07.02.70.FA cup.Leeds2 Stags0.In the days before squad rotation Leeds team,according to the programme,was Sprake,Reaney,Cooper,Bremner,Charlton,Hunter,Lorimer,Clarke,Jones,Giles Madeley.Vaguely remember Charlton being beaten to a header from a corner or free kick and the subsequent "goal" disallowed for a dubious infringement.R.I.P John.

Yes I went to that game as a young child with my Dad. A great occasion. Stags did have a goal disallowed and I think it may have been Dudley Roberts ?
We took a massive following and I think part highlights were shown on Match Of The Day.

It was on Match of the Day. Unfortunately I only have the Leeds goals
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum