{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season restart dates :

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season restart dates :

Postby one f in mansfield » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:17 am

Sneag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:I fail to see the relevance Roman spears have to Mansfield or league two

;)

Did you never visit Millmoor back in the day? Spears were the least of your problems.

some reputations were made at the top of the Millmoor Alley . I can remember a stand off with a line of police between Rotherhams finest and the stags faithfull . The Police could not clear the Rotherham lads and would not let any stags fans pass on the basis it was for our own protection . Madison and his mates pushed to the front and one of them said "protect this lot " , meaning all the other stags supporters , " we are going for a pint " . They then broke the police line went about 5 or 6 steps while the Rotherham lads formed a semi circle around them . Madisons lads then let out a deafening roar along the lines of come on then lets have it , charged towards the Rotherham lads , belted them that were to slow to run away and watched the rest run towards the the town center.
The rest of us in the alley all went faster than Usain Bolt back to the coaches and cars.
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:27 am

The One wrote:BOJO saying crowds back mid October

I wonder what limit to the capacity? 30-50%. Home crowds only? Hope so!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:25 pm

I don’t tend to pay much notice to what BOJO says tbh, they’ve probably just plucked a random date out of thin air and made it up as they go along like they have for the rest of this! :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:51 pm

adamstag wrote:I don’t tend to pay much notice to what BOJO says tbh, they’ve probably just plucked a random date out of thin air and made it up as they go along like they have for the rest of this! :lol:

More crap?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:54 pm

oldweststander wrote:
adamstag wrote:I don’t tend to pay much notice to what BOJO says tbh, they’ve probably just plucked a random date out of thin air and made it up as they go along like they have for the rest of this! :lol:

More crap?

Well exactly. You can’t believe a word he says :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:56 pm

So we can rule out October then :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:06 pm

adamstag wrote:
oldweststander wrote:

More crap?

I thought OWS was referring to your comment Adam :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:48 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
adamstag wrote:
oldweststander wrote:

More crap?

I was.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:00 pm

oldweststander wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
adamstag wrote:
oldweststander wrote:

More crap?

I was.

:lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:46 pm

What, so me saying not to believe what BOJO has said after their catastrophic handling of this is “more crap”?

Wow, there must be some easily pleased and simple folk if they actually believe what he says and that they’ve done a good job.

:lol: :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:52 pm

adamstag wrote:What, so me saying not to believe what BOJO has said after their catastrophic handling of this is “more crap”?

Wow, there must be some easily pleased and simple folk if they actually believe what he says and that they’ve done a good job.

We have a politics forum, take it their please
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:56 pm

The One wrote:
adamstag wrote:What, so me saying not to believe what BOJO has said after their catastrophic handling of this is “more crap”?

We have a politics forum, take it their please

It’s fine. Think it’s pretty clear what I said was said was just a joke about how bad they’ve been. Point has been legitimately made :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:57 pm

Does this mean Stevenage won't be relegated as there is no possibility of a National League start in September?

Poor old county. How sad, never mind.

It would at least solve the Stevenage/ Macclesfield relegation debate.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:06 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Does this mean Stevenage won't be relegated as there is no possibility of a National League start in September?

I was under the assumption that the conference season was due to sync with the league 2 season - conversation of the 12th September
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:12 pm

adamstag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Does this mean Stevenage won't be relegated as there is no possibility of a National League start in September?

I was under the assumption that the conference season was due to sync with the league 2 season - conversation of the 12th September

The league said they wouldn't relegate anyone unless the national league could guarantee a September start with crowds present. This was to ensure the relegated club had an income stream so will they still relegate?

The national league won't start without crowds.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:51 pm

adamstag wrote:

FA have said that non-league won't start without supporters and steps 1 (National League) to 7 (Central Midlands Premier League) all have to start at same time.
If National League isn't starting when EFL does then nobody will be relegated fron L2 so NL playoffs are for nothing.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:00 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
adamstag wrote:

FA have said that non-league won't start without supporters and steps 1 (National League) to 7 (Central Midlands Premier League) all have to start at same time.
If National League isn't starting when EFL does then nobody will be relegated fron L2 so NL playoffs are for nothing.

Oh dear Clownty, what a shame, never mind
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:27 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:

I wonder what limit to the capacity? 30-50%. Home crowds only? Hope so!!!

Can you see that the West Stand toilets can be Covid secure when they expect these guidelines.

Toilets
Toilets will need to be opened for pre-match, match and for 30mins following.

Steps that will usually be needed:

Using signs and posters to build awareness of good handwashing technique, the need to increase handwashing frequency and to avoid touching your face, and to cough or sneeze into a tissue which is binned safely, or into your arm if a tissue is not available.
Consider the use of social distancing marking in areas where queues normally form, and the adoption of a limited entry approach, with one in, one out (whilst avoiding the creation of additional bottlenecks).
To enable good hand hygiene consider making hand sanitiser available on entry to toilets where safe and practical, and ensure suitable handwashing facilities including running water and liquid soap and suitable options for drying (either paper towels or hand driers) are available.
Setting clear use and cleaning guidance for toilets, with increased frequency of cleaning in line with usage. Use normal cleaning products, paying attention to frequently hand touched surfaces, and consider use of disposable cloths or paper roll to clean all hard surfaces.
High ventilation in indoor facilities is paramount to reducing transmission of Covid-19; keep the facilities well ventilated, for example by fixing doors open and opening windows where appropriate.
Special care should be taken for cleaning of portable toilets and larger toilet blocks.
Putting up a visible cleaning schedule can keep it up to date and visible.
Providing more waste facilities and more frequent rubbish collection. Toilets capacity should be managed via entry and exit as per government guidelines.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:25 pm

Well barcelona has just gone into a second lockdown ,not as bad as the initial one ,but masks mandatory ,and restrictions on movement,so its not gone away yet ,masks mandatory in valencian community ,could be the so called second wave this virus could be here for a while yet
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:28 am

Got my Stags snood at the ready :mrgreen:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:58 pm

Sept 12th confirmed
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:26 pm

spanishstag wrote:Sept 12th confirmed

Get your masks from club shop online now !
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:27 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:43 pm

Does this spell the end for County's play off hopes?

If the national league is not restarting on the same date, will the EFL still relegate a club?
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:45 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Does this spell the end for County's play off hopes?

no, I don't think so. I can't imagine they would be pushing ahead with these play-offs in the three National leagues if they were going to count for nothing. It's inconceivable in my opinion.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum