{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season restart dates :

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Season restart dates :

Postby west country stag » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:39 am

EFL have stated that the 2 possible dates for the new season could be either 29th Aug or 12th Sept .

If its the first date , when would our players return for pre season training ? ( if this virus permits us )
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Season restart dates :

Postby oldweststander » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:58 am

I understand many L1 and L2 clubs are working to an August 1st back to training with a September 12th start of season.

We all know the EFL will make the correct decision?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:11 am

see also viewtopic.php?p=830397#p830397

I'd expect Sept 12 start to the season, with players back to training end of July/beginning of August.

also see:
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:06 am

Will the National League guarantee the same start? If not will the EFL still relegate a team?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:18 am

Martin Shaw wrote:see also https://stagsnet.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.p ... 97#p830397

I'd expect Sept 12 start to the season, with players back to training end of July/beginning of August.

also see:

thanks for the reply Martin , hope your still fit & well .
ps ... looks like my local derby with Exeter is on for this coming season !
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:38 am

There will be fans there in some capacity.

The clubs simply can’t afford it not to happen, literally.

How this is done and how it’s carried out remains to be seen though
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:39 am

I think they’ll be able to understand how to populate the ground under the regs. They’re talking 30k attendance for Twickers for Autumn Internationals. FM doesn’t sell out so 4.5k would be managed easily
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:51 am

I see that they are allowing crowds of up to 5000 in France from July 11th - probably a sign of how these things will be eased. Really hope we can be back for the start of the new season.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:02 am

bellwhiff wrote:I think they’ll be able to understand how to populate the ground under the regs. They’re talking 30k attendance for Twickers for Autumn Internationals. FM doesn’t sell out so 4.5k would be managed easily

You’d like to think so, but organisation hasn’t always been our strong suit :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:03 am

no face mask no entry of course. no away fans probably too
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:12 am

Spiritater wrote:no face mask no entry of course. no away fans probably too

Unless they’re from a hotspot area I don’t see why not. They would be excluded from places like the SPB but by definition, they’re socially distancing.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:20 am

It depends on the capacity reduction imposed to be covid compliant.

No away fans means the home fans can be spread over a wider area & there would be a reduction in bottlenecks.

If capacity is set at 30% for example, that would mean just 3,000 seats in use. Reserving 500 for away fans under those circumstances would be bonkers.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:22 am

Sneag wrote:It depends on the capacity reduction imposed to be covid compliant.

No away fans means the home fans can be spread over a wider area & there would be a reduction in bottlenecks.

If capacity is set at 30% for example, that would mean just 3,000 seats in use. Reserving 500 for away fans under those circumstances would be bonkers.

Finally get the North Stand back :idea:
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:29 am

I wonder if our “friends” from SAG will get involved.

Also I wonder on a sneags point about away fans, like how do you police it for home fans that no longer live in Mansfield.

For instance the infection rate is much higher in Nottingham than it is in Mansfield, if I’m coming from Manchester and need to wear a mask all day so be it.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:08 am

I’d be happy to pay for a season ticket and watch the games on I follow live if they can change the rules
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:12 am

Poland have allowed 25% of supporters to go to football matches, I don’t see why we can’t do that for the start of next season.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:15 am

marker_mtfc95 wrote:Poland have allowed 25% of supporters to go to football matches, I don’t see why we can’t do that for the start of next season.

That would just about cover season ticket holders and no away fans.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:22 am

Sneag wrote:
marker_mtfc95 wrote:Poland have allowed 25% of supporters to go to football matches, I don’t see why we can’t do that for the start of next season.

I am sure that there would be a percentage of some sorts to make it fair for both sides, but it’s a start at least. Clubs need income some way.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:26 am

marker_mtfc95 wrote:
Sneag wrote:

I am sure that there would be a percentage of some sorts to make it fair for both sides, but it’s a start at least. Clubs need income some way.

And in instances like that those prepared to back the club through a ST should take priority.

Sadly there are obviously cases - especially now - where some aren’t going to be able to stump up that money so easily - however, the club will need the money from wherever it can
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:54 am

I think there should be some proportion of Home and Away fans to make it feel like a proper game. I go to a lot more away games than home so that's being a bit selfish but I also think that's part of the interest and enjoyment in following a club.
Maybe that the ground can be filled to 1/3 capacity (ie 3000 or so for us, I can't remember) and then of that 15% away fans like in the FA cup (450). If away fans don't take up then released back to home fans. ST holders get priority for home games and for away allocations.
I don't know how many ST we sell but I suspect that would cover most ST holders and all ST holders (more or less but not for games close by) wanting to go to away games.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby West Ham 1969 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:12 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:I think there should be some proportion of Home and Away fans to make it feel like a proper game. I go to a lot more away games than home so that's being a bit selfish but I also think that's part of the interest and enjoyment in following a club.
Maybe that the ground can be filled to 1/3 capacity (ie 3000 or so for us, I can't remember) and then of that 15% away fans like in the FA cup (450). If away fans don't take up then released back to home fans. ST holders get priority for home games and for away allocations.
I don't know how many ST we sell but I suspect that would cover most ST holders and all ST holders (more or less but not for games close by) wanting to go to away games.

Not absolutely sure, and please don’t crucify me for it, but I think we sold about 2,200 - 2,300 last season. Can’t wait to renew mine and get back to watching again.

Also, with West Stand, QLE and home support we normally get, I think we should be able to accommodate usual support levels?
West Ham 1969
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:27 pm

West Ham 1969 wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:I think there should be some proportion of Home and Away fans to make it feel like a proper game. I go to a lot more away games than home so that's being a bit selfish but I also think that's part of the interest and enjoyment in following a club.

Not absolutely sure, and please don’t crucify me for it, but I think we sold about 2,200 - 2,300 last season. Can’t wait to renew mine and get back to watching again.

Also, with West Stand, QLE and home support we normally get, I think we should be able to accommodate usual support levels?

That number sounds about right to me.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:40 pm

No away fans, also means fewer overheads for the club which will go some way to off setting the reduced capacity.

Thanks to the piss poor design of our 3 sided stadium, the club can't apply a sliding scale for home/away support. Away fans either get the whole end or they get nothing. As home support will most likely outstrip the reduced capacity, then give the away support nothing.

If capacity is pegged at anything lower than 40% our home support exceeds the number of seats available.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:46 pm

Surely they can't put a percentage number on a crowd as it will depend on individual stadium layouts. I know they are roughly the same but other facilities such as toilets etc vary widely.

As mentioned above the SAG would probably get involved in determining the arrangements.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:56 pm

Sneag wrote:

No away fans, also means fewer overheads for the club which will go some way to off setting the reduced capacity.

Thanks to the piss poor design of our 3 sided stadium, the club can't apply a sliding scale for home/away support. Away fans either get the whole end or they get nothing. As home support will most likely outstrip the reduced capacity, then give the away support nothing.

If capacity is pegged at anything lower than 40% our home support exceeds the number of seats available.

I'm not saying you are wrong but why is it all or nothing for the away end? Can't you do that thing where they put a big flag or some netting between two bits in the stand.

On that I went to Fulham recently and the away fans were just sat next to the home fans. Everyone came in the same entrance, shared the same bogs and then some stewards just sat on the very end seats. It all seemed OK to me although I can see it could get lively.

Also if we give away fans nothing then that means we don't get away tickets?
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum