{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season restart dates :

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season restart dates :

Postby kyle b » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:12 pm

I hardly think some one walking in a pub with a machete or some one putting windows through at another pub is Cos people wasn’t doing social distancing. It’s to do with idiots who can’t handle the ale
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby oldweststander » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:30 pm

Brits just will not conform to the guidance, how long before the mask in shops rule is ignored, particularly by young people. God help us come October and November.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:08 pm

oldweststander wrote:Brits just will not conform to the guidance, how long before the mask in shops rule is ignored, particularly by young people. God help us come October and November.

Saw it being ignored today by a guy in his 50s. Before anyone says he might have a medical condition.....he finished his shopping, went outside and started smoking his vape. Oh I forgot to add, he coughed directly at the cashier and yet no worker said anything, probably in fear of being beaten up if they did.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:11 pm

oldweststander wrote:Brits just will not conform to the guidance, how long before the mask in shops rule is ignored, particularly by young people. God help us come October and November.

I think its ridiculous, as do many, which is why it will be ignored.

Can go to a bar/restaurant and sit there without a mask, but spend 2 mins in the local shop, following the rules they've put in place for one way systems etc and need to wear one.... where are you more likely to catch it? The pub or restaurant....

Its simply a financial reason as to why we don't have to wear masks in those places, as people simply won't go, and it will leave a gaping hole in the economy.

Do it properly, or not at all!
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:16 pm

Chander Lear wrote:

Can go to a bar/restaurant and sit there without a mask, but spend 2 mins in the local shop, following the rules they've put in place for one way systems etc and need to wear one.... where are you more likely to catch it? The pub or restaurant....

Its simply a financial reason as to why we don't have to wear masks in those places, as people simply won't go, and it will leave a gaping hole in the economy.

Tbf, you have a point, and this government hasn’t dealt very well with communication on the matter. No wonder the police can’t deal with it!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:18 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:

Tbf, you have a point, and this government hasn’t dealt very well with communication on the matter. No wonder the police can’t deal with it!

indeed, I will reluctantly wear one, for fear of ridicule lol, but I disagree. Order my stags one today :lol:
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:17 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:

Saw it being ignored today by a guy in his 50s. Before anyone says he might have a medical condition.....he finished his shopping, went outside and started smoking his vape. Oh I forgot to add, he coughed directly at the cashier and yet no worker said anything, probably in fear of being beaten up if they did.

Didn't you do or say anything?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:17 am

Would you Dan, is it worth the trouble and hassle? Some folk have utter disregard for rules and they'll love the attention they'd get from confrontation.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:31 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:

As an example staff in Morrisons have been advised not to challenge anybody not wearing a mask for fear of abusive comments &/or behaviour, they are relying on plod making spot checks.
Cashiers on the till behind the screen don't have to wear them, maybe this is something to do with it, it's not hard to imagine the conversation if a member of staff did ask someone to wear a mask; "well he/she's not wearing one blah, blah, blah".
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:00 am

Spiritater wrote:Would you Dan, is it worth the trouble and hassle? Some folk have utter disregard for rules and they'll love the attention they'd get from confrontation.

They will accept it over here ,if you get caught walking along the street without wearing a mask its a fine straight away ,try arguing with the guardia ,and they will just double the fine ,bars are being closed if they fail to ensure the rules with fines up to 30.000 euros ,some may say its draconian ,but i dont think so ,the police demand respect here though
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:47 am

spanishstag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:Would you Dan, is it worth the trouble and hassle? Some folk have utter disregard for rules and they'll love the attention they'd get from confrontation.

They will accept it over here ,if you get caught walking along the street without wearing a mask its a fine straight away ,try arguing with the guardia ,and they will just double the fine ,bars are being closed if they fail to ensure the rules with fines up to 30.000 euros ,some may say its draconian ,but i dont think so ,the police demand respect here though

Just shows how difficult it is to contain this virus without a credible vaccination. Even in Spain where the enforcement is strict, cases are rising daily.

Yet on Stagsnet you have people craving to go back to the One Call, ASAP, nevermind the risk. They reckon the chance of getting it in Mansfield is minimal. Fine saying that when you have not got it, just think, even when the virus has cleared it is leaving some folks on ventilators for up to 8 weeks and if they get past that hurdle, unable to walk and back working within a year unlikely. This is a serious situation, treat the virus with respect.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:12 am

Dan wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

Didn't you do or say anything?

Dan,
I like my face arranged how God intended it. If I need any changes I will see a doctor and not that bruiser in Wilkos :lol:
Seriously it was a mismatch and the missus was peed I even thought about saying something!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:05 pm

oldweststander wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

Just shows how difficult it is to contain this virus without a credible vaccination. Even in Spain where the enforcement is strict, cases are rising daily.

Yet on Stagsnet you have people craving to go back to the One Call, ASAP, nevermind the risk. They reckon the chance of getting it in Mansfield is minimal. Fine saying that when you have not got it, just think, even when the virus has cleared it is leaving some folks on ventilators for up to 8 weeks and if they get past that hurdle, unable to walk and back working within a year unlikely. This is a serious situation, treat the virus with respect.

Its not that bad actually ,most of the cases apart from barcelona and madrid ,are from clusters in areas of spain which rely on migrant or seasonal workers ,i feel safer here than in a crowded city like london
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:23 am

Interesting comments from the Grimsby Chairman on starting the League 2 season. They have decided not to sell season tickets yet due to not knowing the allowed crowds and the number of games. (Note: Port Vale have already sold 2,000 season tickets.)

The cost of Covid 19 testing for pre-season will be £17,000 and then could be £3,000 per week. They will also need to arrange to use two coaches for away games and players will need separate rooms for any overnight stays.

"We do not know when crowds will be allowed back in stadia. The Government have indicated a desire that it should be sometime in October. We are ready with season tickets but will not be putting these on sale at the moment for two reasons. First, we do not know when crowds will be allowed and thus how many games the tickets will cover and hence the cost of the tickets. Secondly, we do not know how many fans will be allowed in the ground and whether away fans will be permitted.

Last week, we received the consultation draft of the Green Guide Appendix from the Sports Ground Safety Authority. We have to comply with the requirements of this Guide. We had been anticipating 50% of our capacity would be allowed. However, the draft Guide is far more restrictive, and it is estimated that it will be between 17% and 30%. Most League 2 grounds including BP will be at the lower end of that percentage. Once the Guide is finalised, we can carry out our calculations to ascertain the number of fans who will be allowed, and this will then have to be approved by the Safety Advisory Group to comply with our Safety Certificate.

Until crowds are allowed, I hope fans will participate in using iFollow to watch games. There is a meeting next week between League 2 clubs and the EFL to discuss iFollow and the packages which will be available to purchase.

I have previously referred to the prospect of a financial rescue package from the EFL. Sadly, there is no further news of this and we await, in anticipation, any news of it. Over a season, our income from ticket sales, match sponsorship and related commercial income is approximately £1,700,000. It is not difficult to see why a financial rescue package is essential to keep clubs at our level afloat until such time as we can play before full crowds again. Whilst our income will be severely reduced our outgoings will be increased to comply with Covid 19 requirements and the EFL protocols.

A couple of examples. The cost of testing for the period of training until the season starts will be £17,000. Under EFL regulations, we have to use the testing company appointed by the EFL and have to pay for it. I am in dialogue with the EFL to try and persuade them to allow clubs to use the free Government testing sites and will continue to press them on this. We do not yet know what testing will be required when playing starts but it could easily be £3,000 per week.

Another example is under the current protocol for EFL games played since the resumption, we would have to use two coaches for the team for away matches and if there is an overnight stay, each player and staff member would have to have their own hotel room rather than share as they have previously done. These are just a couple of the examples and there are many more."

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/spor ... ts-4366057
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:37 am

That puts our capacity at 1,400 - 2,600.

Assuming we have a capacity of 8,600
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:38 am

Sneag wrote:That puts our capacity at 1,400 - 2,600.

I think O/A capacity was confirmed at 9100 by the club.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:45 am

MTFCMAD wrote:
Sneag wrote:That puts our capacity at 1,400 - 2,600.

I think O/A capacity was confirmed at 9100 by the club.

I think the stadium physically has more seats than even that but the capacity is reduced by SAG for various obscure reasons around movement etc. With any luck those reasons will be mitigated by the reduced Covid capacity allowing a bigger capacity as a starting point. Who knows how the logic of the SAG will play out and I suppose we will just have to wait and see.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:16 pm

The planned restart dates for the competition both with and without spectators gives an approximate three week window where clubs wont be able to get their hard pressed fans to tramp the length and breadth of the country. Hopefully, though the EFL fixtures computer (which by all accounts is an old ZX Spectrum with R and H keys missing) will do all of us a favour and schedule trips to backward third world areas such as Newport and Forest Green during those weeks.

Similarly if any clubs fan do not want to come to Mansfield as they feel it is a hole and they do not want to be here, lets play them at home during these weeks so we don't have to put up with their whinging abut Northern beer being to strong, eating chips cobs when they ought to be called balms or butties. Come on the EFL for once do something for the good of all football fans.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:20 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:The planned restart dates for the competition both with and without spectators gives an approximate three week window where clubs wont be able to get their hard pressed fans to tramp the length and breadth of the country. Hopefully, though the EFL fixtures computer (which by all accounts is an old ZX Spectrum with R and H keys missing) will do all of us a favour and schedule trips to backward third world areas such as Newport and Forest Green during those weeks.

Similarly if any clubs fan do not want to come to Mansfield as they feel it is a hole and they do not want to be here, lets play them at home during these weeks so we don't have to put up with their whinging abut Northern beer being to strong, eating chips cobs when they ought to be called balms or butties. Come on the EFL for once do something for the good of all football fans.

:lol: Brilliant post!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:51 pm

It's all pie in the sky.

Destined to end up like a disappointing Spanish holiday with the added 14 day quarantine.

Starting the lower EFLs without crowds is madness.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:37 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:The planned restart dates for the competition both with and without spectators gives an approximate three week window where clubs wont be able to get their hard pressed fans to tramp the length and breadth of the country. Hopefully, though the EFL fixtures computer (which by all accounts is an old ZX Spectrum with R and H keys missing) will do all of us a favour and schedule trips to backward third world areas such as Newport and Forest Green during those weeks.

Surely starting with the tin pot cup fixtures would be better than wasting league games behind closed doors.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:49 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:53 pm

How can the EFL possibly justify relegating a team into a financial nightmare with no income until October?
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:57 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:How can the EFL possibly justify relegating a team into a financial nightmare with no income until October?

there aren't going to be crowds in the EFL until October either.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:03 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:How can the EFL possibly justify relegating a team into a financial nightmare with no income until October?

there aren't going to be crowds in the EFL until October either.

No but the EFL have said they will put a package together to support clubs and there will be income from ifollow. Will the national league do the same? and will there be paid for television live coverage?
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum