{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season tickets

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season tickets

Postby geoffhill » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:30 am

As Mansfield only has 135 people infected so far.I would expect by the time the season starts it will be safe to attend matches providing there is not another spike.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2129
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Season tickets

Postby Kernow » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:36 am

Your figure seems too low, Sherwod Forest trusts have recorded 122 deaths. Actual figure of positive tests is surely much higher.
Kernow
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4090
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Season tickets

Postby The One » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:06 am

Kernow wrote:Your figure seems too low, Sherwod Forest trusts have recorded 122 deaths. Actual figure of positive tests is surely much higher.


No the above is correct
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11331
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Season tickets

Postby part time pete » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:28 am

Kernow wrote:Your figure seems too low, Sherwod Forest trusts have recorded 122 deaths. Actual figure of positive tests is surely much higher.


The Mansfield figure is very low, but you must remember that Sherwood Forest hospital numbers include folk whose address is not in Mansfield. I think Mansfield DC area has only about 60 deaths up to end of May

https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/updat ... -postcode/
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 6288
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Season tickets

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:45 am

The One wrote:
Kernow wrote:Your figure seems too low, Sherwod Forest trusts have recorded 122 deaths. Actual figure of positive tests is surely much higher.


No the above is correct


It’s not correct really is it. Think of all the people who have had it and did not know, or had symptoms but we’re not tested. I personally know 3 people who have had the symptoms but never been diagnosed.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6254
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Season tickets

Postby The One » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:09 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
The One wrote:
Kernow wrote:Your figure seems too low, Sherwod Forest trusts have recorded 122 deaths. Actual figure of positive tests is surely much higher.


No the above is correct


It’s not correct really is it. Think of all the people who have had it and did not know, or had symptoms but we’re not tested. I personally know 3 people who have had the symptoms but never been diagnosed.


They can only work on what they know surely
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11331
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Season tickets

Postby adamstag » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:11 am

I find it very hard to believe that Mansfield with a population of 80,000 or so has had 132 infections.

That’s clearly inaccurate.

In the UK there has been nearly 300,000 infections in a population of 66 million which roughly equates to 1 in 200 people having been tested positive

An infection rate in Mansfield on those numbers suggests that it’s 1 in 600 that’s been tested positive.

And as mentioned that’s not including those that have had it or would be a carrier without having been tested
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7784
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Season tickets

Postby Reg Holdsworth » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:20 am

135 is the current known number of infections, i.e. excludes deaths and recovered cases. It was much higher at the peak of infection. Also, it should be noted that 135 represents a slight increase on last week.
Reg Holdsworth
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Mansfield

Re: Season tickets

Postby part time pete » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:23 am

It is positive tests that are recorded

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/#catego ... s&map=rate

It could be that residents of Mansfield DC area cant be arsed to go for a test.

However the death rate of Mansfield residents is fairly low
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 6288
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Season tickets

Postby part time pete » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:24 am

Reg Holdsworth wrote:135 is the current known number of infections, i.e. excludes deaths and recovered cases. It was much higher at the peak of infection. Also, it should be noted that 135 represents a slight increase on last week.



No, that is the total positive tests
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 6288
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Season tickets

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:50 am

The One wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
The One wrote:
Kernow wrote:Your figure seems too low, Sherwod Forest trusts have recorded 122 deaths. Actual figure of positive tests is surely much higher.


No the above is correct


It’s not correct really is it. Think of all the people who have had it and did not know, or had symptoms but we’re not tested. I personally know 3 people who have had the symptoms but never been diagnosed.


They can only work on what they know surely


Of course, but that doesn’t meant the figure is reflective of the true situation.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6254
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Season tickets

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:45 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
The One wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
The One wrote:
Kernow wrote:Your figure seems too low, Sherwod Forest trusts have recorded 122 deaths. Actual figure of positive tests is surely much higher.


No the above is correct


It’s not correct really is it. Think of all the people who have had it and did not know, or had symptoms but we’re not tested. I personally know 3 people who have had the symptoms but never been diagnosed.


They can only work on what they know surely


Of course, but that doesn’t meant the figure is reflective of the true situation.


Whilst the true number of current cases will never be known because not everybody gets tested, you can look at that in a positive way. Far more people than have been recorded have had it and been absolutely fine and probably shown nothing more than mild symptoms, and in some cases probably haven’t even known they’ve had it. The mortality rate of the virus would be diluted considerably if we know the true number of cases like you say.

This virus carries a risk to people in vulnerable categories, and there will always be exceptions outside of that, but the reality is the virus isn’t life threatening to 99% (probably higher than 99%) of people without underlying health conditions, particularly those in the working age.

Every death is awful of course and there’s a need to be cautious, but looking at the statistics objectively will help the country get back to normal once we’re certain we’ve got it under control. This is rarely portrayed in the media though.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2127
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Season tickets

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:07 pm

I know what you’re saying BH, and I know there’s not much that can be done about it, but it’s not much consolation to vulnerable people who want to go and watch football, of which I am one and judging by the age demographic of people who sit in and around me, so are a large number of our fan base.

Such a sad situation.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6254
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Season tickets

Postby Reg Holdsworth » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:26 pm

part time pete wrote:
Reg Holdsworth wrote:135 is the current known number of infections, i.e. excludes deaths and recovered cases. It was much higher at the peak of infection. Also, it should be noted that 135 represents a slight increase on last week.



No, that is the total positive tests




I don’t see how it can be as the Mansfield number has fluctuated downwards as well as upwards. If it was positive tests only how do we explain the days when it has fallen?
Reg Holdsworth
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Mansfield

Re: Season tickets

Postby Big yella » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:32 pm

part time pete wrote:
Kernow wrote:Your figure seems too low, Sherwod Forest trusts have recorded 122 deaths. Actual figure of positive tests is surely much higher.


The Mansfield figure is very low, but you must remember that Sherwood Forest hospital numbers include folk whose address is not in Mansfield. I think Mansfield DC area has only about 60 deaths up to end of May

https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/updat ... -postcode/

Well that link gives the biggest load of bullshit figures I've seen in ages. My wife works in a care home that has had 18 deaths, but according to that site the whole postcode for the home has only had 7 deaths.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4343
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Season tickets

Postby part time pete » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:27 pm

Big yella wrote:
part time pete wrote:
Kernow wrote:Your figure seems too low, Sherwod Forest trusts have recorded 122 deaths. Actual figure of positive tests is surely much higher.


The Mansfield figure is very low, but you must remember that Sherwood Forest hospital numbers include folk whose address is not in Mansfield. I think Mansfield DC area has only about 60 deaths up to end of May

https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/updat ... -postcode/

Well that link gives the biggest load of bullshit figures I've seen in ages. My wife works in a care home that has had 18 deaths, but according to that site the whole postcode for the home has only had 7 deaths.


I would imagine that the folk who died were not tested.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 6288
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Season tickets

Postby Big yella » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:59 pm

part time pete wrote:
Big yella wrote:
part time pete wrote:
Kernow wrote:Your figure seems too low, Sherwod Forest trusts have recorded 122 deaths. Actual figure of positive tests is surely much higher.


The Mansfield figure is very low, but you must remember that Sherwood Forest hospital numbers include folk whose address is not in Mansfield. I think Mansfield DC area has only about 60 deaths up to end of May

https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/updat ... -postcode/

Well that link gives the biggest load of bullshit figures I've seen in ages. My wife works in a care home that has had 18 deaths, but according to that site the whole postcode for the home has only had 7 deaths.


I would imagine that the folk who died were not tested.

Which kind of proves that saying only 135 people in Mansfield have had Covid-19 is bullshit, and maybe if care home patients hadn't been turned away from hospitals, as per government advice, without a test we might have a more accurate figure.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4343
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Season tickets

Postby Reg Holdsworth » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:07 pm

The other thing that jumps out at me is if there has been (over) 60 Mansfield deaths out of 135 TOTAL Mansfield cases that would be a mortality rate of approaching 50%. That cant possibly be right based on most scientist estimates of a mortality rate of somewhere between 0.5%-3%
Reg Holdsworth
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Mansfield

Re: Season tickets

Postby The One » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:17 pm

Reg Holdsworth wrote:The other thing that jumps out at me is if there has been (over) 60 Mansfield deaths out of 135 TOTAL Mansfield cases that would be a mortality rate of approaching 50%. That cant possibly be right based on most scientist estimates of a mortality rate of somewhere between 0.5%-3%


SFH deaths is 122
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11331
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Season tickets

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:31 pm

The One wrote:
Reg Holdsworth wrote:The other thing that jumps out at me is if there has been (over) 60 Mansfield deaths out of 135 TOTAL Mansfield cases that would be a mortality rate of approaching 50%. That cant possibly be right based on most scientist estimates of a mortality rate of somewhere between 0.5%-3%


SFH deaths is 122

Deaths are recorded by home address, not where the death occurs. Also, SFH covers Ashfield and Newark as well, not just Mansfield.
Dave Wayne
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: Season tickets

Postby The One » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:01 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
The One wrote:
Reg Holdsworth wrote:The other thing that jumps out at me is if there has been (over) 60 Mansfield deaths out of 135 TOTAL Mansfield cases that would be a mortality rate of approaching 50%. That cant possibly be right based on most scientist estimates of a mortality rate of somewhere between 0.5%-3%


SFH deaths is 122

Deaths are recorded by home address, not where the death occurs. Also, SFH covers Ashfield and Newark as well, not just Mansfield.


Yes, I was replying to Reg post
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11331
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Season tickets

Postby Reg Holdsworth » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:16 am

The One wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
The One wrote:
Reg Holdsworth wrote:The other thing that jumps out at me is if there has been (over) 60 Mansfield deaths out of 135 TOTAL Mansfield cases that would be a mortality rate of approaching 50%. That cant possibly be right based on most scientist estimates of a mortality rate of somewhere between 0.5%-3%


SFH deaths is 122

Deaths are recorded by home address, not where the death occurs. Also, SFH covers Ashfield and Newark as well, not just Mansfield.


Yes, I was replying to Reg post




Yes, exactly, SFH is around 130 deaths now, with 60+ of them reported from Mansfield postcodes. 60+ Mansfield deaths out of only 135 Mansfield positive total cases is a disaster, surely?
Reg Holdsworth
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Mansfield

Re: Season tickets

Postby The One » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:21 am

Reg Holdsworth wrote:
The One wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
The One wrote:
Reg Holdsworth wrote:The other thing that jumps out at me is if there has been (over) 60 Mansfield deaths out of 135 TOTAL Mansfield cases that would be a mortality rate of approaching 50%. That cant possibly be right based on most scientist estimates of a mortality rate of somewhere between 0.5%-3%


SFH deaths is 122

Deaths are recorded by home address, not where the death occurs. Also, SFH covers Ashfield and Newark as well, not just Mansfield.


Yes, I was replying to Reg post




Yes, exactly, SFH is around 130 deaths now, with 60+ of them reported from Mansfield postcodes. 60+ Mansfield deaths out of only 135 Mansfield positive total cases is a disaster, surely?


Reg when i looked yesterday SFH deaths was 122 ,cases was 136 ? SFH covers Newark etc.
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11331
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Season tickets

Postby Reg Holdsworth » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:44 am

I’ve mainly taken the numbers quoted in this thread. But if it really isn’t the tragedy for Mansfield that it initially seemed based on relatively high death numbers as a proportion of relatively low recorded cases in Mansfield , I’ll stop worrying about it. Thanks!
Reg Holdsworth
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Mansfield

Re: Season tickets

Postby The One » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:26 am

Reg Holdsworth wrote:I’ve mainly taken the numbers quoted in this thread. But if it really isn’t the tragedy for Mansfield that it initially seemed based on relatively high death numbers as a proportion of relatively low recorded cases in Mansfield , I’ll stop worrying about it. Thanks!


You are welcome.
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11331
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bmthstag, Cleveland_Stag, Gazmoose82, jacobs mouse, Jamie, london amber stag, teg41 and 46 guests