{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Alex MacDonald interview

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Alex MacDonald interview

Postby Conker » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:43 pm

Steve Evans putting him at centre mid and Flitcroft keeping him in that position always baffled me, a centre mid who cannot pass?

Although It was a better positional move than right back at the promotion deciding game against MK Dons - I wonder if Flitcroft can finally admit that was mental, especially considering his reasoning was because he's played right wing for the majority of his career :lol:

No doubt Macca always gave his all for Mansfield though, and he's definitely good enough to do a job at L2.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:13 pm

Conker wrote:Steve Evans putting him at centre mid and Flitcroft keeping him in that position always baffled me, a centre mid who cannot pass?

Although It was a better positional move than right back at the promotion deciding game against MK Dons - I wonder if Flitcroft can finally admit that was mental, especially considering his reasoning was because he's played right wing for the majority of his career :lol:

No doubt Macca always gave his all for Mansfield though, and he's definitely good enough to do a job at L2.

you say he can't pass, watch the equaliser Zander diamond scored against the raspberry ;)
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Old amber » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:43 pm

Good on ya Macca.. good battler on the pitch and what we would call a “ bread & butter “ player in the old days
Thanks for your time at the stags. Take care and best to your family
Old amber
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:06 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Conker wrote:Steve Evans putting him at centre mid and Flitcroft keeping him in that position always baffled me, a centre mid who cannot pass?

you say he can't pass, watch the equaliser Zander diamond scored against the raspberry ;)

You mean the hail Mary sling it in the box cross?
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:10 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

It was still a cross that resulted in a goal ;)
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:29 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Stop winking as though you've proved your point.
Conker said a CM who couldn't pass, come up with a 'pass' that resulted in a goal, even if you do or don't you won't find many considering he's been here a long time.
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:41 pm

He could whip a good cross in but his passing was very league two standard.

Says alot when your best assett is work rate.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:42 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Conker said a CM who couldn't pass, come up with a 'pass' that resulted in a goal, even if you do or don't you won't find many considering he's been here a long time.

Stop telling me what to do ;)
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:33 am

you say he can't pass, watch the equaliser Zander diamond scored against the raspberry ;)[/quote]

You mean the hail Mary sling it in the box cross?[/quote]

It was still a cross that resulted in a goal ;)[/quote]

Conker said a CM who couldn't pass, come up with a 'pass' that resulted in a goal, even if you do or don't you won't find many considering he's been here a long time.[/quote]

Stop telling me what to do ;)[/quote]

No need your mummy and daddy still do that ;)
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum