{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

James Jennings Podcast

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

James Jennings Podcast

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat May 30, 2020 10:51 am

I enjoyed listening to his I Had Trials Once Podcast with James Jennings from July 2019 (see below). I know Sam mentioned this before. He talks about John Dempster who he played with at Kettering Town and in Mansfield's Championship side (52m 20s). He talks about Dempster being a MC and rapper. He says he was a great player and character. He says he has a great personality, great banter, talks well and is really calm which will help win the players round and he will make a good manager (that did not work out as planned :shock: ).

He says he got a phone call from Adam Murray on transfer deadline day when he was at Cambridge (56m 50s). Adam told him that the Stags wanted to sign him. He had 18 months left on his contract at Cambridge. He had to act shocked when he turned up at training and Richard Money said that Cambridge had received an offer from the Stags. He agreed a deal and set off up the A1 but then received a phone call from his agent, Lee Philpott saying that they could not contact Paul Cox. He had to pull into the services at Peterborough on the A1 and wait a couple of hours before they could find Paul Cox to complete the deal.

He also talks about his time at Mansfield under Paul Cox. He said it was very old school at Mansfield and it was like going back 10 years in time. He said there were fights in training every day and Paul Cox would let them get on with it and then make them shake hands afterwards and then make them sit together at lunch. He particularly talks about Ritchie Sutton and Lindon Meikle going at each other. He said there were problems because the Stags had a 30 man squad and around 10 players were in the bomb squad. He also praises Matt Green and says he was unbelievable in our Championship winning season.

https://podtail.com/en/podcast/i-had-tr ... s-lock-in/
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Sun May 31, 2020 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Re: James Jennings Podcast

Postby BilsthorpeStag » Sun May 31, 2020 7:27 am

There’s also two episodes with Curtis Woodhouse
BilsthorpeStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: James Jennings Podcast

Postby Stephen » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:24 pm

BilsthorpeStag wrote:There’s also two episodes with Curtis Woodhouse

No interest in hearing what he has to say personally with the rubbish he spouts on twitter
Stephen
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum