{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Macclesfield Penalty

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Macclesfield Penalty

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:09 pm

ST4GS wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:I think the points per game calculation adversely affecting the points they have been deducted is relevant.

How is PPG calculated when teams have points deducted?. If for example Macclesfield had 12 points deducted over a season of 46 games then if the season is cut short by a quarter do they get deducted only75% of 12 ie 9 poonts or the full 12. I would imagine it would only be 9?

Surely they reinstate those points. Work out PPG and then deduct the points they have been deducted.

I've no idea where that leaves them. Probably 3rd bottom.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:49 pm

Macclesfield Town have released a statement saying they’ve provided a business plan to the EFL. This was a condition of the last charge from independent panel.

“The Club believe that the aforementioned plan is robust and fully complies with it's set objectives.”
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:03 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Macclesfield Town have released a statement saying they’ve provided a business plan to the EFL. This was a condition of the last charge from independent panel.

“The Club believe that the aforementioned plan is robust and fully complies with it's set objectives.”

The EFL have made such a cackhanded deal of this.

I wonder if they’ll appeal against the 12 point deduction for Sheffield Wednesday! And why is that next season as opposed to Wigan’s this season? Appreciate slightly different context but not too different.

And despite the owner of macc being a dick how do they suppose they’ll be able to provide a plan for business next season when the government dont know what they’re doing tomorrow? Fans were going to be allowed back in October time, will this still happen?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:01 am

Macclesfield only have 2 players under contract so I imagine this helps their business plan! They will probably sign players on month to month (or even week to week) contracts.

Joe Ironside has joined Kidderminster Harriers in National League North

Macclesfield Town (2 Players Under Contract, 5 In Negotiations and 10 Released)
Under Contract (Extensions Activated): Fiacre Kelleher and Fraser Horsfall
In Negotiations: David Fitzpatrick, Harry Hamblin, Joe Ironside, Jak McCourt, Ben Tollitt
Released: Jacob Blyth, Nathan Cameron, Reice Charles-Cook, Adam Dawson, Arthur Gnahoua, James Pearson, Michael Rose, Ben Stephens, Donovan Wilson, Peter Vincenti
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:10 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Macclesfield only have 2 players under contract so I imagine this helps their business plan! They will probably sign players on month to month (or even week to week) contracts.

Joe Ironside has joined Kidderminster Harriers in National League North

Macclesfield Town (2 Players Under Contract, 5 In Negotiations and 10 Released)
Under Contract (Extensions Activated): Fiacre Kelleher and Fraser Horsfall
In Negotiations: David Fitzpatrick, Harry Hamblin, Joe Ironside, Jak McCourt, Ben Tollitt
Released: Jacob Blyth, Nathan Cameron, Reice Charles-Cook, Adam Dawson, Arthur Gnahoua, James Pearson, Michael Rose, Ben Stephens, Donovan Wilson, Peter Vincenti

Joe Ironside has signed a 2 year contract at Cambridge United !!
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum