{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Deadline Day

Postby Blackburn Stag » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:34 pm

Can see both sides, suppose expensive bench warmers have gone but then neither Exeter and Burton have left themselves short because they refused to sell if they didn't get a replacement in. We did with Maynard (if the rumours are true).
Blackburn Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:31 pm

Re: Deadline Day

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:00 am

Blackburn Stag wrote:Can see both sides, suppose expensive bench warmers have gone but then neither Exeter and Burton have left themselves short because they refused to sell if they didn't get a replacement in. We did with Maynard (if the rumours are true).


But we did get a replacement in? Hence why the deals were completed one after the other.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Deadline Day

Postby Blackburn Stag » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:41 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Blackburn Stag wrote:Can see both sides, suppose expensive bench warmers have gone but then neither Exeter and Burton have left themselves short because they refused to sell if they didn't get a replacement in. We did with Maynard (if the rumours are true).


But we did get a replacement in? Hence why the deals were completed one after the other.

Replacement for Cook or Maynard, still one in, two out. We didn't sign a striker after Cook had left...
Blackburn Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:31 pm

Re: Deadline Day

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:16 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Adi Yussuf looks to he signing for Chesterfield.

They ought to be releasing one of their furloughed ( Boden maybe ). It doesn't seem right to me that they can sign players whilst they have other players furloughed.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7300
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Stag on the Beach » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:48 pm

May have missed it on here, but I've just seen that Gillingham have sold Jacob Mellis to Southend for an undisclosed fee. I'm surprised there's a fee involved, tbh.
User avatar
Stag on the Beach
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:44 am
Location: Vendée, France

Re: Deadline Day

Postby bear 73 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:01 pm

Blackburn Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Blackburn Stag wrote:Can see both sides, suppose expensive bench warmers have gone but then neither Exeter and Burton have left themselves short because they refused to sell if they didn't get a replacement in. We did with Maynard (if the rumours are true).


But we did get a replacement in? Hence why the deals were completed one after the other.

Replacement for Cook or Maynard, still one in, two out. We didn't sign a striker after Cook had left...

Why replace Maynard when he didn't play anyway, we replaced him with Caine
bear 73
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:01 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:40 pm



"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 21878
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:15 pm

Giles Coke signs for Grimsby. 34 appearances in 8 years, 10 of which have been in the National League North :roll:
Last edited by BH_Stag on Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2731
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby The One » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:18 pm

xg states he scored 67 goals in that period
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12656
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby five to three » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:33 pm

There was a player who promised so much but seemed to freeze out on the pitch.
five to three
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:30 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Dan » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:31 am

five to three wrote:There was a player who promised so much but seemed to freeze out on the pitch.


He lost his fizz when he left us.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8764
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:31 am

Dan wrote:
five to three wrote:There was a player who promised so much but seemed to freeze out on the pitch.


He lost his fizz when he left us.


just wasn’t the ‘ real thing ‘ was he ? :getmecoat:
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10863
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:38 am

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:32 am

Can’t believe he is only 34, seems as though he been around longer than that :lol:
Mansfield till I die
User avatar
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2246
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:29 pm
Location: Warsop

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:29 am

Remember him scoring a beauty at Rushden and Diamonds , I thought this lad can play a bit
Curry 9 Brace 7
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:39 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Spiritater » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:40 pm

Curry 9 Brace 7 wrote:Remember him scoring a beauty at Rushden and Diamonds , I thought this lad can play a bit

Yep, but that's all he did... play a bit
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 22490
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby The One » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:29 pm

Cook new Ipswich manager
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12656
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby yellowstagsfan » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:20 pm

The One wrote:Cook new Ipswich manager

Good appointment for them. Has always done well
User avatar
yellowstagsfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1026
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:01 pm
Location: Just over border (Derbyshire)

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Spiritater » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:58 pm

Dirty ex clucking Spireite raspberry. Hope he flops.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 22490
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby The One » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:23 pm

Kewell sacked by Oldham
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12656
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:01 am

The One wrote:Kewell sacked by Oldham


That will be 9 managers in 3 years for Oldham when they appoint the new bloke.


I'll add him to the list of League 2 Managers who have gone this season:

Sacked
Graham Alexander (Salford City)
Graham Coughlan (Mansfield Town)
Michael Jackson (Tranmere Rovers)
Stuart McCall (Bradford City)
David Dunn (Barrow)
John Askey (Port Vale)
Michael Jolley (Barrow)
Steve Ball (Col U)
Ross Embleton (Leyton Orient)
Harry Kewell (Oldham Athletic)

Resigned
Ian Holloway (Grimsby Town)
Darrell Clarke (Walsall)*

* = Just to keep Big Yella happy.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:41 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
The One wrote:Kewell sacked by Oldham


That will be 9 managers in 3 years for Oldham when they appoint the new bloke.


I'll add him to the list of League 2 Managers who have gone this season:

Sacked
Graham Alexander (Salford City)
Graham Coughlan (Mansfield Town)
Michael Jackson (Tranmere Rovers)
Stuart McCall (Bradford City)
David Dunn (Barrow)
John Askey (Port Vale)
Michael Jolley (Barrow)
Steve Ball (Col U)
Ross Embleton (Leyton Orient)
Harry Kewell (Oldham Athletic)

Resigned
Ian Holloway (Grimsby Town)
Darrell Clarke (Walsall)*

* = Just to keep Big Yella happy.


I don’t think that’s possible mate ;) :D
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8764
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:14 am

That’s half of the league that have changed managers. When you consider the cost of that in a supposed cash crisis season it’s nothing short of madness.

It just shows how devastating relegation to the conference is for a club.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4195
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:58 pm



Weird one
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:15 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Weird one


Maybe to get game time.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4195
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bobbystagsfan, gazza1988, London_SE Stags, Nutty Stag, Paulstag, Spiritater, Sweden Stag and 31 guests