{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:13 am

You can have as many midfielders as you like, but when two men are trying to do the running of 3 or 4 it isn’t going to end well. Our starting midfield two are very fit, and very capable at this level, but are currently being shafted by the system.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6942
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:22 am

MTFCMusings wrote:You can have as many midfielders as you like, but when two men are trying to do the running of 3 or 4 it isn’t going to end well. Our starting midfield two are very fit, and very capable at this level, but are currently being shafted by the system.


I agree, and don’t have any concerns about the ability of Clarke & Maris, just concerned at the lack of strength in depth. There is some depth don’t get me wrong I just don’t really think the options are that great - not for a team that has some ambitions to challenge for playoffs at least in my opinion.

I suppose if they’re doing the running of 3 or 4 we run the risk of them getting injured even more down the line. A separate issue that needs to be addressed for sure.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2370
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Sneag » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:33 am

BH_Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:You can have as many midfielders as you like, but when two men are trying to do the running of 3 or 4 it isn’t going to end well. Our starting midfield two are very fit, and very capable at this level, but are currently being shafted by the system.


I agree, and don’t have any concerns about the ability of Clarke & Maris, just concerned at the lack of strength in depth. There is some depth don’t get me wrong I just don’t really think the options are that great - not for a team that has some ambitions to challenge for playoffs at least in my opinion.

I suppose if they’re doing the running of 3 or 4 we run the risk of them getting injured even more down the line. A separate issue that needs to be addressed for sure.


We conceded 2 goals from corners yesterday. That's not a formation issue, that's an inability to do the basics issue.
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9248
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:02 am

Sneag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:You can have as many midfielders as you like, but when two men are trying to do the running of 3 or 4 it isn’t going to end well. Our starting midfield two are very fit, and very capable at this level, but are currently being shafted by the system.


I agree, and don’t have any concerns about the ability of Clarke & Maris, just concerned at the lack of strength in depth. There is some depth don’t get me wrong I just don’t really think the options are that great - not for a team that has some ambitions to challenge for playoffs at least in my opinion.

I suppose if they’re doing the running of 3 or 4 we run the risk of them getting injured even more down the line. A separate issue that needs to be addressed for sure.


We conceded 2 goals from corners yesterday. That's not a formation issue, that's an inability to do the basics issue.


True, but we were also outplayed, couldn’t keep the ball, couldn’t progress the call forward out of defence etc.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6942
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:58 pm

League 1 and 2 snippets

Callum Morton who was excellent on loan for Northampton last season from West Brom has injured his shoulder at Lincoln City and will be out for two months. Lincoln also have Brennan Johnson on loan from Forest who looked quite lively as a sub on Sunday.

Newport's right wing back, Liam Shephard, said he ended up playing for Newport County because other clubs who had offered him better contracts pulled out and told him it was cheaper for them to sign loan players. He therefore signed for Newport because they offered him a decent wage and he's from South Wales and his Dad played as a striker for them. Liam Shephard has played well in the early season games for Newport.

Ian Holloway said that Omar Bogle was on 17k per week at Cardiff City. He currently does not have a club.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7529
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:57 pm

Out of curiosity, given that Chinese Steve has been extremely busy with his pen this last week. Does anyone know just how many he has signed for Gillingham this season?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2069
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Herts Stag » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:03 pm

Just counting up on the BBC website, 14 at least.
Herts Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:39 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:26 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Out of curiosity, given that Chinese Steve has been extremely busy with his pen this last week. Does anyone know just how many he has signed for Gillingham this season?

In fairness we signed 12 players so coughlan is also into 'Evans territory' :lol:
Gazmoose82
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:52 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:58 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Out of curiosity, given that Chinese Steve has been extremely busy with his pen this last week. Does anyone know just how many he has signed for Gillingham this season?

In fairness we signed 12 players so coughlan is also into 'Evans territory' :lol:



Coughlan won't sign 12 players every transfer window though ;)
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6498
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:04 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Out of curiosity, given that Chinese Steve has been extremely busy with his pen this last week. Does anyone know just how many he has signed for Gillingham this season?

In fairness we signed 12 players so coughlan is also into 'Evans territory' :lol:



Coughlan won't sign 12 players every transfer window though ;)

Probably because he won’t have many windows to transfer from :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3766
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:07 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Out of curiosity, given that Chinese Steve has been extremely busy with his pen this last week. Does anyone know just how many he has signed for Gillingham this season?

In fairness we signed 12 players so coughlan is also into 'Evans territory' :lol:



Coughlan won't sign 12 players every transfer window though ;)

Probably because he won’t have many windows to transfer from :lol:



Highly doubt he'll be sacked by January unless we're fighting relegation.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6498
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:11 am

Gillingham - Steve Evans

It looks like Steve Evans is up to around 33 signings for Gillingham (19 Permanent and 14 Loans). 4 of the permanent signings have already been released. Arguably 31 signings as one loan signing has signed permanently (Jordan Graham) and Thomas O'Connor is a repeat loan signing from last season.

Transfers in 2019-2020
Connor Ogilvie
Jack Bonham
Ousseynou Cissé (Released)
Lee Hodson
Stuart O'Keefe
Matty Willock
Mark Marshall (Released)
Mikael Mandron (Released)
Ben Pringle (Released)
John Akinde

Transfers In 2020-2021
Ryan Jackson
Vadaine Oliver
Jacob Mellis
Alex MacDonald
Jordan Graham
Kyle Dempsey
Robbie McKenzie
Christian Maghoma
Dominic Samuel

Loans In 2019-2020
Mikael Ndjoli
Nathan Thomas
Alfie Jones
Alex Jakubiak
Thomas O'Connor
Olly Lee
Jordan Roberts
Jordan Graham (Signed permanently)

Loans In 2020-2021
Zech Medley
Declan Drysdale
Trae Coyle
Josh Eccles
Scott Robertson
Thomas O'Connor (Repeat loan)
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7529
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:02 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Gillingham - Steve Evans

It looks like Steve Evans is up to around 33 signings for Gillingham (19 Permanent and 14 Loans). 4 of the permanent signings have already been released.

Transfers in 2019-2020
Connor Ogilvie
Jack Bonham
Ousseynou Cissé (Released)
Lee Hodson
Stuart O'Keefe
Matty Willock
Mark Marshall (Released)
Mikael Mandron (Released)
Ben Pringle (Released)
John Akinde

Transfers In 2020-2021
Ryan Jackson
Vadaine Oliver
Jacob Mellis
Alex MacDonald
Jordan Graham
Kyle Dempsey
Robbie McKenzie
Christian Maghoma
Dominic Samuel

Loans in 2019-2020
Mikael Ndjoli
Nathan Thomas
Alfie Jones
Alex Jakubiak
Thomas O'Connor
Olly Lee
Jordan Roberts
Jordan Graham

Loans In 2020-2021
Zech Medley
Declan Drysdale
Trae Coyle
Josh Eccles
Scott Robertson
Thomas O'Connor


Thanks, there is definitely no changing Chinese Steve, is there.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2069
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:52 pm



Good signing for Scunny, think we’ve missed out here.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6942
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby lifestags » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:08 pm

Annoyed we haven’t gone and got him.
lifestags
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1985
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:50 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:08 pm

Ian Evatt complaining that Premier League clubs are pricing their young players out of loan deals.

"After a busy summer, Wanderers are still looking for at least one new signing but are finding themselves priced out by clubs higher up the ladder. Ian Evatt has already picked up Tom White from Blackburn and Billy Crellin from Fleetwood and is looking for other loan options who can fall within the guidelines. But with money tight across the EFL the Whites head coach believes top clubs have to be more sensible with their demands if their young players are going to get the experience they need.

“Some of the young lads at Premier League level are on rock star money and haven’t really achieved much. They have to be realistic that we’re in the middle of a pandemic, we are struggling, there are no supporters in the stadium, so if they want their players to gain experience can they do that for a lower cost to help teams afford it? The alternative is that these young players are going to be rotting away in an Under-23s team and that’s no good for anyone."
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7529
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:28 pm

I've seen several people on facebook mistakenly thinking the transfer window closes on Monday. It is 16th October for EFL.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 20730
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:00 am

Rakish Bingham has signed for Ebbsfleet United. He'll need a passport to get in and out of Kent. :lol:

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/gravesend/ ... ns-233173/


Craig Mackail-Smith who arguably cost us promotion to League 1 in 2018-2019 has signed for Bedford Town.

https://www.bedfordindependent.co.uk/be ... ail-smith/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7529
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:47 pm

looked very good against us for Forest Green

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 20730
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby daddycool » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:54 pm

Good signing for Stevenage
daddycool
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1990
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:42 am

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:26 pm

Grimsby have signed Bristol Rovers winger Kyle Bennett (30) and West Brom's young striker, Owen Windsor (19), on loan until the end of the season. Owen Windsor joined the Baggies from Cirencester Town.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7529
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:35 pm

Cambridge United have signed former Exeter City and Plymouth Argyle midfield player, Hiram Boateng, on loan until January from Franchise FC. Boateng has not played in 10 months since Russell Martin replaced Paul Tisdale as manager.

Port Vale have signed defender Mitch Clark on loan from Leicester City for the third time.

Southend United have signed striker, Kazaiah Sterling (21), on loan from Tottenham Hotspur. He was on loan at Doncaster Rovers last season but only made 1(2) league appearances.

Omar Bogle has signed for Grim.............Charlton Athletic :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7529
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:06 pm

Boateng is a good signing if he’s anything like the player he was at Exeter.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6942
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby The One » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:32 pm

Donkeys have signed Cameron Jerome
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11736
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:29 am

The One wrote:Donkeys have signed Cameron Jerome


cam jam is a good signing for league one... was really underrated when he was at pridepark
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3050
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Admiral Sook, Conker, gazza1988, Il cervo bianco, Nutty Stag, patstag, yellowstagsfan and 44 guests