{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The more you stay at home, the sooner we will be back.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The more you stay at home, the sooner we will be back.

Postby spanishstag » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:26 pm

When you look at the figures worldwide , i dont think anyone could argue for or against any decision reached by any government comparing rates of death annually ,then looking at the implications for economies worldwide ,its probably always been the case
spanishstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2064
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: The more you stay at home, the sooner we will be back.

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:07 pm

It’s a terrible situation but it is a real threat. I just found out that our local Labour councillor passed away this evening from Coronavirus. I’m working from home and am lucky enough that there’s another adult who’s younger and not asthmatic who can do the shopping.

Be careful everyone.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 14395
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: The more you stay at home, the sooner we will be back.

Postby garlic » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:16 pm

The strange thing is what most of you are saying on here about workplaces being open and attitudes of management totally contradicts the `message` being put out on the national media.
garlic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Re: The more you stay at home, the sooner we will be back.

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:30 am

garlic wrote:The strange thing is what most of you are saying on here about workplaces being open and attitudes of management totally contradicts the `message` being put out on the national media.


Sadly a lot of non essential workplaces will stay open until/unless forced to close by the government. I have the choice to not go to work and isolate, but it means id get SSP which i cannot live on
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5962
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: The more you stay at home, the sooner we will be back.

Postby one f in mansfield » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:47 am

I work in transport and we deliver food related goods as well as other industries such as construction. The construction side has obviously dropped off leaving us in a situation where we could shortly being asking staff to take up the 80% offer . The main topic of the drivers is should I self isolate on approx £90 a week sick pay or wait for the company to put me on furloe leave at approx £400 per week .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
User avatar
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1691
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:51 pm

Re: The more you stay at home, the sooner we will be back.

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:14 am

one f in mansfield wrote:I work in transport and we deliver food related goods as well as other industries such as construction. The construction side has obviously dropped off leaving us in a situation where we could shortly being asking staff to take up the 80% offer . The main topic of the drivers is should I self isolate on approx £90 a week sick pay or wait for the company to put me on furloe leave at approx £400 per week .



that's what a lot are waiting for, I'm holding out for furlough too. I think this virus is gonna get a lot worse before it gets better.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5962
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: The more you stay at home, the sooner we will be back.

Postby adamstag » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:32 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
one f in mansfield wrote:I work in transport and we deliver food related goods as well as other industries such as construction. The construction side has obviously dropped off leaving us in a situation where we could shortly being asking staff to take up the 80% offer . The main topic of the drivers is should I self isolate on approx £90 a week sick pay or wait for the company to put me on furloe leave at approx £400 per week .



that's what a lot are waiting for, I'm holding out for furlough too. I think this virus is gonna get a lot worse before it gets better.


I think a lot of companies are trying to hold out as long as possible, I’m still working full time from home which of course I’m greatful for, but there’s not much more I can do in relation to things. I think it’s a matter of time before it happens to a lot more people
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7791
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: The more you stay at home, the sooner we will be back.

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:24 am

They've just forecasted on BBC that 800.000 businesses are already in danger of going under. Whilst that balance between health and industry is a distasteful one to have to consider and make if we aren't careful then we aren't going to have anything to come out from this to.
Chrisuknottm
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 638
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:32 pm

Re: The more you stay at home, the sooner we will be back.

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:43 am

With it being a new virus and little known about it I can understand the reaction, however still more people have died of influenza in the last 3 months than Covid19. At what point does the world get back to normal? A guy who tried to develop a vaccine for HIV reckons talk of 18 months to develop a vaccine isn’t credible, and thinks we might never develop a true vaccine. Again at what point are we allowed to get on living? What if this goes on for at least a few more years with no vaccine in sight? Some hard choices will need to be made. The CMO still thinks after a few years of collating all the evidence and statistics, seasonal influenza will still be a bigger killer.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3432
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: The more you stay at home, the sooner we will be back.

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:50 am

The trouble is that the "experts" gave us a doomsday prediction over two weeks ago that in certain circumstances over a quarter of a million people could die in the UK but have now downgraded that to 5700.

If they want to "take us with them" and still have us compliant then stop doing that sort of thing destroys their credibility.

I have no time for Piers Morgan but at least he's holding the authorities to account every morning and not just accept everything like the pet journalists allowed to speak and ask questions at the daily briefings.
Chrisuknottm
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 638
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:32 pm

Re: The more you stay at home, the sooner we will be back.

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:00 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:They've just forecasted on BBC that 800.000 businesses are already in danger of going under. Whilst that balance between health and industry is a distasteful one to have to consider and make if we aren't careful then we aren't going to have anything to come out from this to.
I think at some point governments will have to make that decision. If younger fit people start to die with it (two fit teenagers died recently), rather than the elderly or those with serious health issues, it will make that decision harder. I'm in the older age group and realise there has to be a balance even if it appears brutal. Keep safe.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6347
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: The more you stay at home, the sooner we will be back.

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:09 pm

Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5817
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: The more you stay at home, the sooner we will be back.

Postby w12stag » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:21 pm

Carlton Palmer,remember him?Just been on Talksport live from China.He reckons this will take months not weeks to clear up,I tend to agree.keep safe everybody.
w12stag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:16 pm

Re: The more you stay at home, the sooner we will be back.

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:56 pm

w12stag wrote:Carlton Palmer,remember him?Just been on Talksport live from China.He reckons this will take months not weeks to clear up,I tend to agree.keep safe everybody.



I think most people recognise this isn't going to be over in a few weeks sadly.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5962
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: The more you stay at home, the sooner we will be back.

Postby Sneag » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:10 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:The trouble is that the "experts" gave us a doomsday prediction over two weeks ago that in certain circumstances over a quarter of a million people could die in the UK but have now downgraded that to 5700.

If they want to "take us with them" and still have us compliant then stop doing that sort of thing destroys their credibility.

I have no time for Piers Morgan but at least he's holding the authorities to account every morning and not just accept everything like the pet journalists allowed to speak and ask questions at the daily briefings.


The 5,700 projection was ridiculous & based on 3 days worth of flawed stats. We are heading for an Italy/Spain outcome. For what it's worth I think the 800,000 figure is a pretty lazy projection too.

What did Germany & SK do so right that the rest of Europe seems to have got wrong.

The real carnage is going to unfold in the US. President 'it's all a hoax' Trump is now saying 200,000 dead there would be a good outcome.
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8782
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: The more you stay at home, the sooner we will be back.

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:11 pm

Sneag wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:The trouble is that the "experts" gave us a doomsday prediction over two weeks ago that in certain circumstances over a quarter of a million people could die in the UK but have now downgraded that to 5700.

If they want to "take us with them" and still have us compliant then stop doing that sort of thing destroys their credibility.

I have no time for Piers Morgan but at least he's holding the authorities to account every morning and not just accept everything like the pet journalists allowed to speak and ask questions at the daily briefings.


The 5,700 projection was ridiculous & based on 3 days worth of flawed stats. We are heading for an Italy/Spain outcome. For what it's worth I think the 800,000 figure is a pretty lazy projection too.

What did Germany & SK do so right that the rest of Europe seems to have got wrong.

The real carnage is going to unfold in the US. President 'it's all a hoax' Trump is now saying 200,000 dead there would be a good outcome.


Thing is that the overall death rate in the country hasn’t changed much as the vast majority of CV deaths are of people who were close to the end of their lives.
That’s why isolating is vital. The infected in the vast vast majority will live but they risk exposing the weak and those susceptible.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 14395
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acasman, Bing [Bot], Bradders, nobby+2, Stagsfan11 and 25 guests