{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Anderson needed counselling after Stags nightmare

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Anderson needed counselling after Stags nightmare

Postby spainmick » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:10 am

He may have had problems but how many were his own doing for refusing to toe the line of the manager..and his salary would surely make up for it all
spainmick
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Anderson needed counselling after Stags nightmare

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:03 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Paul Anderson talks about his career including his time at Mansfield Town.

"Steve Evans ended up moving on and the manager that came in after him had completely different opinions on me. He came in and wanted to assert his authority on the dressing room, and Zander Diamond and I found ourselves out of favour."

“I then had over a year of training on my own with college kids and the under 18’s. It was tough to take because 3-4 years earlier I was playing in the Championship play-offs on the edge of going into the Premier League, whereas now I was miles away from being involved at a League 2 club through no real fault of my own.”

Dealing with some dark days and bouncing back…

“When you’re not playing and when you’re away from the first-team environment, you do miss it. I was in a very dark place because of how I was being treated, and I’m just very fortunate that my family and friends were so supportive. My Dad was there for me from day one, my wife was unbelievable when I was coming home devasted, it got to the point where I didn’t want to leave the house. It was a tough time and I know its only football, but it’s my life and it’s all I’ve known. I don’t mind people slagging me off about my football or ability, but when there’s false claims about your character and how you are as a person it makes you question yourself."

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/20202/april ... -journey2/

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/20202/april ... n-journey/

We all know Zander had problems with is back and here are 2 videos not long back and no mention of MTFC ,but goes on about how enjoyable is career was .

Anderson really got my goat up on this video with 11 games left .
He said we would beat Luton and we played them with 7 games to go and we lost.
Can remember Noble coming out with same statement about us and we won .
It was then it got me thinking about him , a bit of know it all,NOT

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum