{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Funniest things seen at a stags game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Funniest things seen at a stags game

Postby Empty FC » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:56 am

stagparty wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
stagparty wrote:Late 80's Early 90's, first game I took my son too, Wrexham home.

Was it a free kick I don't remember, their goalkeeper kicked the ball towards his goal at quarry lane end from infront of west stand, I also don't remember which stags player tapped into the net for a goal, think we won 3-0?

I'll dig it out for a #GoaloftheDay

Thanks Martin, will bring back great memories for both me & my son.

Think this one made it onto one of
Danny Bakers (whatever happened to him)
Football Funniest Videos.
we're gunna need a bigger boat.
Empty FC
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Tre Cool » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:13 pm

Are there any photos of the streaker that came onto the pitch and shook the goalkeeper's hand vs Gillingham in the late 90's? That was my first Stags game.
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby Dan » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:37 am

Tre Cool wrote:Are there any photos of the streaker that came onto the pitch and shook the goalkeeper's hand vs Gillingham in the late 90's? That was my first Stags game.

I’ve sent it to Martin as I don’t know how to upload them onto here.

Dave Wayne wrote:Late 90s at home, from memory it was either Gillingham or Barnet, and some of their fans were housed on the small terrace between Bishop Street Stand and the Quarry Lane End. Somebody jumped out of there, stark naked, and had a run round on the pitch. Stewards were chasing him but he managed to evade them all, get back onto the terrace and disappear into a crowd. By the time the stewards got in there he was fully clothed and I would imagine there wasn't any decent CCTV to identify him so he got away with it completely.

This is also the same incident as above.

I was tipped off about this incident otherwise I would’ve gone down the other end and missed it. My mate is a Gills fan & he was in the away end. At half time I was talking to him & he told me that they’d been having a whip round to pay for this lads train fare home in case he got nicked. He’d only do it if they raised enough cash. So I went back and sat down in the same place I was in rather than go to photograph our attack and not long after the second half kicked off out he came, ran over to Ian Bowling, shook his hand then ran back into the away fans!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:15 am

Dan wrote:

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:37 pm

Dan wrote:
Tre Cool wrote:Are there any photos of the streaker that came onto the pitch and shook the goalkeeper's hand vs Gillingham in the late 90's? That was my first Stags game.

Dave Wayne wrote:Late 90s at home, from memory it was either Gillingham or Barnet, and some of their fans were housed on the small terrace between Bishop Street Stand and the Quarry Lane End. Somebody jumped out of there, stark naked, and had a run round on the pitch. Stewards were chasing him but he managed to evade them all, get back onto the terrace and disappear into a crowd. By the time the stewards got in there he was fully clothed and I would imagine there wasn't any decent CCTV to identify him so he got away with it completely.

This is also the same incident as above.

I was tipped off about this incident otherwise I would’ve gone down the other end and missed it. My mate is a Gills fan & he was in the away end. At half time I was talking to him & he told me that they’d been having a whip round to pay for this lads train fare home in case he got nicked. He’d only do it if they raised enough cash. So I went back and sat down in the same place I was in rather than go to photograph our attack and not long after the second half kicked off out he came, ran over to Ian Bowling, shook his hand then ran back into the away fans!

Ordinarily, I hope that every visiting fan that invades the pitch is arrested and is given a proper ‘shoeing’ by PC Albanese and co in the back of a transit. I can remember this incident clearly and my over riding feeling was, I hope he gets away with it. Glad to know he did.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:38 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Dan wrote:

This was in the days before ‘Manscaping’ became popular :lol:
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum