{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby Stag on Trent » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:12 pm

That was the disgusting comment made on the Cobblers fans forum against Danny. Talk about sore losers!! Northampton are the worst footballing side in our league. Keith Curle broke up a possible championship wining side because they played good football he said was tippy-tappy. His idea was aptly demonstrated yesterday Hoofball , intimidation and cheating is the way to succeed. The cobblers fans have obviously fallen for it.
Stag on Trent
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:15 pm

Re: Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby Sneag » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:27 pm

Hardly 'disgusting' was it.
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8618
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:50 pm

Stag on Trent wrote:That was the disgusting comment made on the Cobblers fans forum against Danny. Talk about sore losers!! Northampton are the worst footballing side in our league. Keith Curle broke up a possible championship wining side because they played good football he said was tippy-tappy. His idea was aptly demonstrated yesterday Hoofball , intimidation and cheating is the way to succeed. The cobblers fans have obviously fallen for it.


If Danny was playing against us, we would hate him. Whilst he is scoring he is worth every bit of gamesmanship he is guilty of. Other than that, no real issue in the comment made
Tainted Soul says I am great!
User avatar
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2836
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby spanishstag » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:06 pm

Waiting for big yella,s comments ,but he is what he is if the refs think he,s been fouled they award a free kick if not they book him ,he has put the effort in these last few months though so he gets my backing
spanishstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2040
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby Bradders » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:06 pm

Stag on Trent wrote:That was the disgusting comment made on the Cobblers fans forum against Danny. Talk about sore losers!! Northampton are the worst footballing side in our league. Keith Curle broke up a possible championship wining side because they played good football he said was tippy-tappy. His idea was aptly demonstrated yesterday Hoofball , intimidation and cheating is the way to succeed. The cobblers fans have obviously fallen for it.

The tippy-tappy comment has always been misinterpreted as well as misquoted. It was "tippy-tappy car park football", i.e. just playing about in pointless fashion. People say that's good football, but I don't ever see any successful sides doing that unless they are just running the clock down. Curle didn't break up the side because they did that, either.
Apart from that, I'm sure that Danny is very happy to hear insults from opposition fans. It means that he made an impact.
User avatar
Bradders
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3511
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby Big yella » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:40 pm

spanishstag wrote:Waiting for big yella,s comments ,but he is what he is if the refs think he,s been fouled they award a free kick if not they book him ,he has put the effort in these last few months though so he gets my backing

Wait over.

As a Stags fan I think Danny Rose is a bang average striker who I wish wouldn't throw himself to the ground and melt like a snowflake.

If I was an opposition fan I would think, Danny Rose is a bang average striker who is a repugnant little weasel.

Funny football ain't it. All about opinions.
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4259
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby WVStag » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:50 pm

I have zero ratings for Danny Rose as a footballer but it was class yesterday to see how rattled he had them. Had them on strings.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 680
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:27 am

Re: Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby wardy12345 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:42 pm

For me rose is up there with Richi barker and Greenaker quality forward
wardy12345
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 9:27 am

Re: Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:49 pm

wardy12345 wrote:For me rose is up there with Richi barker and Greenaker quality forward


Evening Danny...
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3721
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby The One » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:05 pm

wardy12345 wrote:For me rose is up there with Richi barker and Greenaker quality forward



Good, but not that good.
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11249
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby adamstag » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:06 pm

Big yella wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Waiting for big yella,s comments ,but he is what he is if the refs think he,s been fouled they award a free kick if not they book him ,he has put the effort in these last few months though so he gets my backing

Wait over.

As a Stags fan I think Danny Rose is a bang average striker who I wish wouldn't throw himself to the ground and melt like a snowflake.

If I was an opposition fan I would think, Danny Rose is a bang average striker who is a repugnant little weasel.

Funny football ain't it. All about opinions.


And there Danny rose is, 9th in the bbc top scorers list for the league.

His falling to the ground is annoying, but at the same stage I don’t buy into that as a criticism - footballers earning hundreds of thousands a week do it in the premiership - yes a sad state of affairs of the current game but sadly how it is.

His work rate is second to none.

If I were an opposition fan who thought Danny rose was a bang average footballer I’d probably go away and reevaluate my knowledge of football.

However, as you say the games one of opinions
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7650
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby Stoney » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:52 pm

Danny is a clever player. His play acting wins us so many free kicks, that's the way football is nowadays and he's playing on it.
Stoney
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3224
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:25 pm
Location: Bolsover.

Re: Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:56 pm

wardy12345 wrote:For me rose is up there with Richi barker and Greenaker quality forward

Don’t even mention him in the same breath as Greenacre.
He is however a weasel at times, but not a repugnant one.
I like him. If he were playing for the opposition I would dislike him. That’s the biggest compliment I can give him. He gets under your skin!!! I’m glad he’s ours.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3296
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby Big yella » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:03 am

wardy12345 wrote:For me rose is up there with Richi barker and Greenaker quality forward

Barker 1 in 2.3
Greenacre 1 in 2.5
Rose 1 in 3.7

Yep! right up there. :roll:
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4259
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby Empty FC » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:31 am

Yes.
But he's our R. L. W. :D
we're gunna need a bigger boat.
Empty FC
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:56 am
Location: In a galaxy far far away ?.... Nah! Mansfield

Re: Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby daddycool » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:14 am

His work rate is his biggest asset, not blessed with a lot of natural skill .not a goal poacher, .in summary a average div2 striker
daddycool
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1912
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:42 am

Re: Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:27 pm

A lot of managers this season have commented on both Rose and Maynard... He would get into most sides in this league any day. Clever forward and one you need in your squad.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2413
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:03 pm

Rose is a decent player, there is a place for a striker like him in any squad because he’s a nuisance for the opposition.

That said, we need better in the starting 11 next season starting week in week out if we want to challenge for promotion in my opinion. That’s not to say he wouldn’t play a big part, which he obviously would given Coughlans approach.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2062
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby pemill » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:25 pm

I think Danny needs to add a bit of finesse to his antics, that way he will win more free kicks & penalties. As much as I hate to see this sort of stuff we do need to add it to our game and join in with the likes of Northampton. The big lads in L2 must hate Danny because he can out jump most of them, the only way they can deal with him is to foul him. As an opposing fan you must despise him.
pemill
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1024
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:32 am

Re: Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby DazMondo » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:52 pm

Danny is forward that defender's hate playing against. They have to focus on him and set out a plan for him. He is what you need sometimes to gain free kicks to relieve pressure on us at the moment because we have no midfield. A quick boot up field to him and he often gains us the free kick.
However as a forward, he is not, I repeat not in the same class as Barker.
Barker was better in the air and a stronger man and he lead the forward line by forcing teams to sit deeper and got on the end of most crosses into the box.

As for Chris Greenacre, he was class for division two and slightly better than Barker in my opinion. He was a much better penalty box striker, quicker and if he went down there was never any suggestion that he dived.

I see Danny's good points, but he just as many bad ones.
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:09 pm
Location: Kirklington

Re: Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:08 pm

Stoney wrote:Danny is a clever player. His play acting wins us so many free kicks, that's the way football is nowadays and he's playing on it.



And tbh, in the past we've had some of our players be 'too honest' and not go down when they should, or been mugged by an opposition player doing just what Danny does.

Perhaps it's a bit too prevalent, but (imo) vast majority of players do it to some degree
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
User avatar
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2931
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:30 pm

Danny is what he is. Technically limited most of the time, but a nuisance to play against. In the top 10 in the league for fouls won. Will weigh in with 1 in 3/4 games.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:32 pm

If Danny was against us you'd hate him and he'd make life difficult for our back 4.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2413
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:50 pm

I like Danny Rose, just wish he'd score more.

Evans got him to the levels he can reach, he needs to be scoring 20 goals a season.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4418
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby halifaxstag » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:21 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Danny is what he is. Technically limited most of the time, but a nuisance to play against. In the top 10 in the league for fouls won. Will weigh in with 1 in 3/4 games.

In what respect is he technically limited? He controls the ball well and holds it up, he can dribble past defenders , strikes the ball well and can be quite acrobatic. He is excellent in the air (attacking and defensively). His main weakness is his passing ( just over 50% success) but that is not unusual for attacking areas.
halifaxstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:18 am

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tinman, Walton Stag and 20 guests