{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Swindon game now 31 March

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Swindon game now 31 March

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:49 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:I used to attend all home England games I could get to. After the Iceland game I’ve been very ambivalent towards them.

Genuinely get more pleasure watching the England rugby team

Genuine question Belly. Why is rugby union so kick orientated. I don’t seem to see as many tries as I used to years ago. It seems to be penalty after penalty. I’m no expert, so the question is, has anything changed in the rules or are the players not quite as good? I’ve just found some England games dull to watch (v the all blacks aside). Maybe there isn’t enough great teams. Could be just me.

Not sure it is but England and Saracens play a territory game which involves kicking the ball upfield and trying to get it back.

Wales know this so picked Williams and Biggar for that reason. They’re both great in the air under the high ball.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:12 pm

Big yella wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Hopefully scotland will be playing in the play off final that night ,just have to watch stags on laptop and Scotland on the tv

We've always been dreamers. :lol:

Its gonna happen soon big un
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:16 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:I used to attend all home England games I could get to. After the Iceland game I’ve been very ambivalent towards them.

Genuine question Belly. Why is rugby union so kick orientated. I don’t seem to see as many tries as I used to years ago. It seems to be penalty after penalty. I’m no expert, so the question is, has anything changed in the rules or are the players not quite as good? I’ve just found some England games dull to watch (v the all blacks aside). Maybe there isn’t enough great teams. Could be just me.

At least they are trying to share the best players around now ,hence the new fijian english ,or sothe south afrikaan english ,its gonna pay off one day
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:56 pm

spanishstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

At least they are trying to share the best players around now ,hence the new fijian english ,or sothe south afrikaan english ,its gonna pay off one day

You might want to wind your neck in. Scotland are absolutely the worst at robbing players from anywhere.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:33 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

Not sure it is but England and Saracens play a territory game which involves kicking the ball upfield and trying to get it back.

Wales know this so picked Williams and Biggar for that reason. They’re both great in the air under the high ball.

Thanks for the insight.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:30 am

Either way, the England game will affect the crowd.

In fairness given this shower this season I think an edition of sheep herding would be more tempting to watch - any excuse :lol:

As it is can’t do Tuesday night games from manchester and have absolutely no inclination to spend a tenner on I follow.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:31 am

bellwhiff wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

You might want to wind your neck in. Scotland are absolutely the worst at robbing players from anywhere.

All nations do it, but yeah Scotland are certainly much worse than England for it.

Bit like Italy with their midfielder with the traditional Italian name of Luke McLean :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:58 am

Last World Cup. Scotland had more foreign born players than any other nation with 14 of the squad.

England had 6.

Oh dear.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/rug ... rn-players

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:40 am

bellwhiff wrote:Last World Cup. Scotland had more foreign born players than any other nation with 14 of the squad.

England had 6.

Oh dear.

Nice to get a response belly :?
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:23 pm

spanishstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Last World Cup. Scotland had more foreign born players than any other nation with 14 of the squad.

England had 6.

Oh dear.

Yeah because that’s what you were looking for.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:00 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

England had 6.

Oh dear.

Yeah - It's well known within the rugby fraternity that Scotland have so many.

Seems odd that folk would comment on rugby when they don't really know much about it though!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:06 pm

adamstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

England had 6.

Oh dear.

Seems odd that folk would comment on rugby when they don't really know much about it though!

Indeed

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:22 pm

Is that why Belly never comments on the football, because he doesn't really know much about it? :lol:
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:23 pm

adamstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

England had 6.

Oh dear.

Dont stop you commenting on football ;)
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:18 pm

Chortle

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:43 am

Denmark game will be called off.
The One
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum