{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Police

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Police

Postby Sneag » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:19 am

Nice and early this week.

Going for a dreary 1-0 win played in front of a half built stand.
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8618
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Po

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:46 am

Looks like we’re struggling to shift tickets for Saturday unsurprisingly. First time we’ve failed to sell out at Sixfields since we came back in to the league?

Loss by the odd goal for me, think they’ll wear us down.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2062
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Po

Postby west country stag » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:51 am

1-0 Stags ..... Maynard !!
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
User avatar
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1203
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:32 am
Location: Penzance , Cornwall

Re: Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Po

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:00 am

Once again I'll fail to get lucky and bump into Alan Moore by pure chance while paying over the odds on a rubbish pint of Samuel Adams in a god damn TGI Friday, Maynard will miss his 7th "9 times out if 10 he'd score that" one on one of the season, I'll fancy a pie in the 24th minute, go to queue up and not get one until the 72nd minute, and we'll lose.
PYHBO! Issue 3(OUT SOON!)

twitter.com/SatiricalStag (on temporary hiatus)
User avatar
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:17 am

Re: Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Po

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:44 am

BH_Stag wrote:Looks like we’re struggling to shift tickets for Saturday unsurprisingly. First time we’ve failed to sell out at Sixfields since we came back in to the league?

Loss by the odd goal for me, think they’ll wear us down.


Folk wont justify the £40/£50 day out (me included).

We aren’t going down, just can’t wait for the season to be over.

Be lucky if we take 700 which is still a brilliant effort considering.
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3721
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Po

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:18 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Looks like we’re struggling to shift tickets for Saturday unsurprisingly. First time we’ve failed to sell out at Sixfields since we came back in to the league?

Loss by the odd goal for me, think they’ll wear us down.


Folk wont justify the £40/£50 day out (me included).

We aren’t going down, just can’t wait for the season to be over.

Be lucky if we take 700 which is still a brilliant effort considering.


That’s the spirit!
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8276
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: Edwinstowe

Re: Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Po

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:44 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Looks like we’re struggling to shift tickets for Saturday unsurprisingly. First time we’ve failed to sell out at Sixfields since we came back in to the league?

Loss by the odd goal for me, think they’ll wear us down.


Folk wont justify the £40/£50 day out (me included).

We aren’t going down, just can’t wait for the season to be over.

Be lucky if we take 700 which is still a brilliant effort considering.


That’s the spirit!


I’m not wrong though am I?

It’s getting to that point of the season where we’ve got pretty much nothing to play for.

£40/£50 to watch us at Northampton or that money in the holiday pot.
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3721
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Po

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:57 pm



If anyone wants to be bored to death for ten minutes, I'm on from 29 minutes.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Po

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:11 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

If anyone wants to be bored to death for ten minutes, I'm on from 29 minutes.


I’ll wait for the highlights to be broadcast thank you. Any idea how long they will be?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1728
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Po

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:59 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

If anyone wants to be bored to death for ten minutes, I'm on from 29 minutes.


I’ll wait for the highlights to be broadcast thank you. Any idea how long they will be?


I'm not sure there were any :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Po

Postby adamstag » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:46 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Looks like we’re struggling to shift tickets for Saturday unsurprisingly. First time we’ve failed to sell out at Sixfields since we came back in to the league?

Loss by the odd goal for me, think they’ll wear us down.


Folk wont justify the £40/£50 day out (me included).

We aren’t going down, just can’t wait for the season to be over.

Be lucky if we take 700 which is still a brilliant effort considering.



Same goes, went last season - but it’s £25 on train from manchester another £20 to get in fiver or so for lift from mates from Mansfield to Northampton another £20 on drinks - to watch that lot play? :lol: Nah, they’re not worth it. Will save that money and put it towards the season ticket next term.

It’d be nice if we can go on a bit of a run towards the end of the season though
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7650
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Po

Postby spanishstag » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:00 pm

Their current form is a bit patchy to say the least ,dissapointed if we lose this one
spanishstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2040
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Po

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:10 pm

They have won two and lost three out of the last five.

Must be due for a draw, 2-2. Sweeney and CJ.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2762
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Po

Postby wardy12345 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:15 pm

They were god awful when they came to stags I’d expect stags to beat them
wardy12345
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 9:27 am

Re: Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Po

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:32 pm

This is the week when it all comes good. Cobblers 0 v 2 Stags
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8276
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: Edwinstowe

Re: Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Po

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:41 pm

wardy12345 wrote:They were god awful when they came to stags I’d expect stags to beat them


You have high expectations! We’ve not won at their place since coming back up, we’re not very good and they’re in the playoffs! Hope you’re right! I suppose you could say we’re ‘due one’ against them.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2062
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Po

Postby Spiritater » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:47 pm

We're rubbish, so it's gonna be tough.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20791
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Po

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:15 pm

:) Bit of a police theme going on ,spelling police and now New York state police :)

Will the next fred be Don't stand so close to me by The Police ;) :lol:

Cobblers to them 1 Super Stags 1 He is one of our own Jimmy Knowles , last minute equaliser , HERO :D :D
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5765
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Po

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:39 pm

Spiritater wrote:We're rubbish, so it's gonna be tough.



We are not RUBBISH. If you really think that, then “support” a different club.
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8276
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: Edwinstowe

Re: Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Po

Postby WVStag » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:43 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:We're rubbish, so it's gonna be tough.



We are not RUBBISH. If you really think that, then “support” a different club.


We are literally rubbish to be fair.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 680
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:27 am

Re: Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Po

Postby Sneag » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:54 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::) Bit of a police theme going on ,spelling police and now New York state police :)

Will the next fred be Don't stand so close to me by The Police ;) :lol:

Cobblers to them 1 Super Stags 1 He is one of our own Jimmy Knowles , last minute equaliser , HERO :D :D


It may involve the Thought Police who knows?
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8618
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Po

Postby Spiritater » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:08 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:We're rubbish, so it's gonna be tough.



We are not RUBBISH. If you really think that, then “support” a different club.

Club's the best it's been for decades. However the shower that represent t'club on the field of play are rubbish, 21st after 36 games says so. If both trapdoors to the mudpit were open we'd be all crapping our pants.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20791
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Po

Postby adamstag » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:24 pm

Spiritater wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:We're rubbish, so it's gonna be tough.



We are not RUBBISH. If you really think that, then “support” a different club.

Club's the best it's been for decades. However the shower that represent t'club on the field of play are rubbish, 21st after 36 games says so. If both trapdoors to the mudpit were open we'd be all crapping our pants.


On the pitch were clearly rubbish, I’m not really sure how someone else could come to a different conclusion
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7650
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Po

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:33 pm

adamstag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:We're rubbish, so it's gonna be tough.



We are not RUBBISH. If you really think that, then “support” a different club.

Club's the best it's been for decades. However the shower that represent t'club on the field of play are rubbish, 21st after 36 games says so. If both trapdoors to the mudpit were open we'd be all crapping our pants.


On the pitch were clearly rubbish, I’m not really sure how someone else could come to a different conclusion


That’s so over-simplistic! I despair!
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8276
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: Edwinstowe

Re: Cobblers Score Thread Sponsored by the New York State Po

Postby Spiritater » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:01 pm

What are your reasons for thinking we aren't rubbish then Edders?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20791
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bobbystagsfan, patstag and 12 guests