{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

CJ

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: CJ

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:42 pm

Not sure if you are asking me, but my opinion is that he is not and never has been worth a million quid.

He is a good League 2 winger who would be an asset for any one in the division and half of the teams in the division above, but he does not have enough quality to demand that type of transfer fee.

If we were offered a million last year then we should have snatched their hands off and then reinvested that money into players with potential.

Danny Rose, Alex McDonald and Matt Green have all previously been in similar positions with silly money being allegedly offered and if it had we should have sold them too.

The problem with many Stags fans (and probably all other clubs) is that they are too extreme with either praise or criticism. We always build them up only to knock them down again.

My opinion links into the 'philosophy' debate on another thread. We should buy them cheap, develop them.by giving game time and hope to sell them on for a profit. That is one strategy towards achieving long term success.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:47 pm

Was coached very well under Flitcroft and most people on here thought he was getting near the finished article as his end product (Crossing the Ball accurately) started to improve.
This has fallen away after the managerial changes and this intense coaching needs to be resumed. A player with his pace is invaluable when coached correctly
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:06 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:Not sure if you are asking me, but my opinion is that he is not and never has been worth a million quid.

He is a good League 2 winger who would be an asset for any one in the division and half of the teams in the division above, but he does not have enough quality to demand that type of transfer fee.

If we were offered a million last year then we should have snatched their hands off and then reinvested that money into players with potential.

Danny Rose, Alex McDonald and Matt Green have all previously been in similar positions with silly money being allegedly offered and if it had we should have sold them too.

The problem with many Stags fans (and probably all other clubs) is that they are too extreme with either praise or criticism. We always build them up only to knock them down again.

My opinion links into the 'philosophy' debate on another thread. We should buy them cheap, develop them.by giving game time and hope to sell them on for a profit. That is one strategy towards achieving long term success.

I wish we had a policy on signing one or two promising non league talents like CJ and if they come good sell and make a profit and so on... Peterborough do it but we never manage to sell or sign a flop like OSJ
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:28 pm

He might be poor , but we have no one better.
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Puckbunny » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:20 pm

1million for CJ :lol:

Is that for real?
Puckbunny
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:25 pm

Puckbunny wrote:1million for CJ :lol:

Is that for real?

What a Costly mistake ,should have took the dosh.(only rumoured)

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/p ... ted-172688
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:33 pm

I think he was superb under the guidance of Flitcroft. He seemed to thrive being under DF’s wing so to speak. There was that video the club did of them talking in his office which I thought was brilliant.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:05 am

Dan wrote:I think he was superb under the guidance of Flitcroft. He seemed to thrive being under DF’s wing so to speak. There was that video the club did of them talking in his office which I thought was brilliant.

Most of the team seemed to thrive under Flitcroft - almost as if he was a decent manager? :P

I'm hoping the same happens to the team after GC has been through his recruitment phases, but it'll probably take next season to even get close
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:52 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Dan wrote:I think he was superb under the guidance of Flitcroft. He seemed to thrive being under DF’s wing so to speak. There was that video the club did of them talking in his office which I thought was brilliant.

Most of the team seemed to thrive under Flitcroft - almost as if he was a decent manager? :P

I'm hoping the same happens to the team after GC has been through his recruitment phases, but it'll probably take next season to even get close

Most of the team thrived for a limited period only. ;)
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:13 am

Flitcroft said he spent a lot of extra time with CJ after training.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:05 am

Sneag wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

Yes because he was manager for a limited period only :lol: No doubt CJ and many other players performed much better under DF last season. Who knows what we'd have done this season had we shown a modicum of patience, but I honestly believe we would have been top 3 now. Whilst I agree that the appointment of JD was wrong, so was sacking DF - I think we'd take 4th now wouldn't we ......
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:26 am

Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

Yes because he was manager for a limited period only :lol: No doubt CJ and many other players performed much better under DF last season. Who knows what we'd have done this season had we shown a modicum of patience, but I honestly believe we would have been top 3 now. Whilst I agree that the appointment of JD was wrong, so was sacking DF - I think we'd take 4th now wouldn't we ......

The board wouldn't have done, hence why he was sacked in the first place. But it's impossible to say what would have happened, so all these conversations about Flitcroft or Evans are pointless.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:10 pm

Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

Who knows indeed. We may have continued with the form that during the business end of the season was worse than the teams who ended up getting relegated. Again.

Seasons last 9 months. If a club is serious about going forwards it can't afford to be raspberries for 3 of them.

Obviously this season we've been raspberries for 7 of them so far, but you get my point. ;)
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum