{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:20 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:18 pm

detailed report now on
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:08 pm

Martin, GC said in his post match comments that he brought in a goalkeeper coach. Can’t remember this name off the top of my head. Is this a permanent appointment do we know?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:15 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Martin, GC said in his post match comments that he brought in a goalkeeper coach. Can’t remember this name off the top of my head. Is this a permanent appointment do we know?

I always thought Logan was apparently the coach beforehand - which I was always dubious of. Much needed though - stones was excellent yesterday
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:40 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Martin, GC said in his post match comments that he brought in a goalkeeper coach. Can’t remember this name off the top of my head. Is this a permanent appointment do we know?

It's Seamus McDonagh (aka Jim McDonagh). Read about him here -->

https://www.the42.ie/seamus-mcdonagh-ir ... 0-Nov2013/

I don't know at the moment if that is permanent or temporary. I would guess we'll find out more in the next few days.

adamstag wrote:

I always thought Logan was apparently the coach beforehand - which I was always dubious of. Much needed though - stones was excellent yesterday

Logan was doing the job of goalkeeping coach from when Ian Pledger left until he went out on loan. Logan wanted to play rather than be seen as a coach.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sneag » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:41 pm

Did Stone handle outside the box?

Didn't look like it from where I was sat (100 yards away), Newport fans, obviously, thought he did.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:42 pm

Sneag wrote:Did Stone handle outside the box?

Didn't look like it from where I was sat (100 yards away), Newport fans, obviously, thought he did.

Like you, I didn't think he went outside the box.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby lifestags » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:43 pm

Impressive CV.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:47 pm

Isn’t the line classed as inside the box.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:36 pm

Jim McDonagh is 67 and played in goal for Bolton Wanderers when Ian Greaves was manager. He made approx 274 appearances for Bolton. He was part of Martin O'Neill's backroom staff at Leicester City, Aston Villa, Sunderland, Nottingham Forest and Ireland. It mentions on wikipedia that he was previously a goalkeeping coach for Mansfield Town. Did he work for Ian Greaves or George Foster when they were Stags managers?

It looks like he stopped playing full time football in 1989 and then played for Spalding, Grantham (is that where he met Martin O'Neill?) and Arnold Town
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:50 pm

It was Danny Rose’s 10th league goal of the season yesterday and 11th goal in total. He has now scored 37 league goals for the Stags and 43 in total. This season Danny has moved past Kevin Kent (35), Wayne Corden (35), Liam Lawrence (34), Phil Stant (32), Terry Austin (32), Dai Jones (32), Stewart Hadley (29), Lee Peacock (29), Mark Kearney (29) and Ian Stringfellow (28) in the Stags all time league goalscorers. He is now in the Top 30 league goalscorers for the Stags (No 29).

11 Goals
Shots Inside Penalty Area - 5
Shots Outside Penalty Area - 0
Headers - 3
Penalties - 3
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum