{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

PLEASE.....Now let GC manage the club.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

PLEASE.....Now let GC manage the club.

Postby Johnny H » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:13 pm

I have stayed quiet for the majority of the time since GC's appointment.....choosing to watch, listen and make my own mind up on what happened and how he will change things.

I have to say I am impressed by him.
As soon as he came in he would have been given information about lack of discipline and players running the dressing room. (Players allegedly turning up late for training and the fines system being non-existent.)

He would have been told about the players that were causing the problem and immediately identified senior players that should have known better or did nothing to try and stop it (Pearce as Club captain).

He clearly inherited a split dressing room and we all know the players are unfit (compared to other teams)

Players were released that didn't want to be here Cook, (who allegedly has been quoted as saying he didn't really want to sign in the first place), Mellis (who was a bad apple throughout) and Khan (that always flattered to deceive)

GC knew he had enough to keep us up and I believe his inexperienced replacements were made to ensure money is kept free for the start of next season to either help pay transfer fees or extra wages.

Please leave him to manage us till the end of the season, stop the negativity and lets judge him at Xmas or beyond because the players he will bring in will be grafters who can play abit and he will not settle for anything less.

The future bright, the futures Amber !!!
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Re: PLEASE.....Now let GC manage the club.

Postby WVStag » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:18 pm

You're impressed by 3 wins in 13? Talk about emotional statements after a win.
Last edited by WVStag on Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:19 pm

WVStag wrote:You're impressed by 3 wins in 13?

Not his team though is it..... Pep would struggle to get this lot winning.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby kentish stag » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:23 pm

Safe nowfor this season, planning starts for next !
kentish stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby WVStag » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:31 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

His team or not, he's won 3 games out of of 13. 13 points from 39. How that's impressive, whether it's 'his' side or not, I'll never know.

Today was a very important win for us in how our season is going to end, that should not be understated. But let's not go overboard with the hyperbole just because we've won, shall we?
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:33 pm

WVStag wrote:You're impressed by 3 wins in 13? Talk about emotional statements after a win.

You ARE a proper grinch!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:33 pm

Johnny H wrote:I have stayed quiet for the majority of the time since GC's appointment.....choosing to watch, listen and make my own mind up on what happened and how he will change things.

As soon as he came in he would have been given information about lack of discipline and players running the dressing room. (Players allegedly turning up late for training and the fines system being non-existent.)

He would have been told about the players that were causing the problem and immediately identified senior players that should have known better or did nothing to try and stop it (Pearce as Club captain).

He clearly inherited a split dressing room and we all know the players are unfit (compared to other teams)

Players were released that didn't want to be here Cook, (who allegedly has been quoted as saying he didn't really want to sign in the first place), Mellis (who was a bad apple throughout) and Khan (that always flattered to deceive)

GC knew he had enough to keep us up and I believe his inexperienced replacements were made to ensure money is kept free for the start of next season to either help pay transfer fees or extra wages.

Please leave him to manage us till the end of the season, stop the negativity and lets judge him at Xmas or beyond because the players he will bring in will be grafters who can play abit and he will not settle for anything less.

GOOD POST
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:34 pm

I agree with the first post. I like him. Hope he gets time. Proper time!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:35 pm

In GC we trust!!
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:35 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
WVStag wrote:You're impressed by 3 wins in 13? Talk about emotional statements after a win.

You ARE a proper grinch!

I'll always tell the truth. Accepting it will be your responsibility.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:39 pm

Pleased to see we are pretty much safe (touch wood).

I’ve been impressed by GC as well, he speaks well and puts across what he expects very clearly. We can only judge him once he has his squad of players to choose from and he’s implemented his pre season.

Roll on the summer, a complete overhaul with GC’s signings, get them fit and see how we go. It’s going to be a bit unknown and hopefully we can go under the radar a little bit (if CR on social media allows it).
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:55 pm

He will be successful with us.I like him he speaks well and you can see how much it hurts him when we lose.As most of the squad will be leaving at the end of the season he will bring his type of players in.I just hope Maynard signs for us as he is very good.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:57 pm

WVStag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

You ARE a proper grinch!

No, you’ll always tell what you believe to be the truth. That’s not the same thing. Think of the side being like a supertanker. It takes a long time to stop the thing and turn it round.

We are now pretty certain that we are safe. Time to start planning for next season.

Think of it this way, flitcroft failed in his objective twice. GC has achieved his
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:00 pm

I like him.

I believe he will build something good here. Needs 2 full seasons.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:19 pm

3 wins in 13 i don’t get this unfounded confidence in GC some folk have in fact his tenure is questionable to say the least . Happy with 3 points today but the messiah status the manager seems to be getting isn’t nowhere justified he’s achieved nothing in management let’s hope next season that changes .
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:25 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
WVStag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

You ARE a proper grinch!

No, you’ll always tell what you believe to be the truth. That’s not the same thing. Think of the side being like a supertanker. It takes a long time to stop the thing and turn it round.

We are now pretty certain that we are safe. Time to start planning for next season.

Think of it this way, flitcroft failed in his objective twice. GC has achieved his

Depends what his objective was.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:29 pm

WVStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

His team or not, he's won 3 games out of of 13. 13 points from 39. How that's impressive, whether it's 'his' side or not, I'll never know.

Today was a very important win for us in how our season is going to end, that should not be understated. But let's not go overboard with the hyperbole just because we've won, shall we?

no ones going overboard and 3 wins from 13 isn't impressive, its just the current situation. .... being happy after a win doesn't mean we all think we're going to make a run at the playoffs.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:32 pm

Billy the fish wrote:3 wins in 13 i don’t get this unfounded confidence in GC some folk have in fact his tenure is questionable to say the least . Happy with 3 points today but the messiah status the manager seems to be getting isn’t nowhere justified he’s achieved nothing in management let’s hope next season that changes .

Messiah bwaaa. Look what he did at BR. I’m fairly confident with his own players in the system he wants to play, he will do well. Where you get messiah from I’m not sure but it’s just good to be happy on a Saturday night for a change. If you can’t be, god help you.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:33 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
WVStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

no ones going overboard and 3 wins from 13 isn't impressive, its just the current situation. .... being happy after a win doesn't mean we all think we're going to make a run at the playoffs.

But WVStag has rarely allowed balance to taint his acerbic comments.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:24 pm

GC will have to be given time , we cannot kerp changing manager's.
His dozen or so game's so far have been a nassive disappointment, in comparison to Holloway at Grimsby
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:34 pm

tuopolfpilf wrote:GC will have to be given time , we cannot kerp changing manager's.
His dozen or so game's so far have been a nassive disappointment, in comparison to Holloway at Grimsby

But in comparison to Westley it's not massively disappointing.
So your point is???
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:45 pm

Johnny H wrote:I have stayed quiet for the majority of the time since GC's appointment.....choosing to watch, listen and make my own mind up on what happened and how he will change things.

Good Post.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:02 pm

Don't get too high when we win, or too low when we lose. However, winning today has made my weekend but has not confirmed GC as the second coming :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby G B » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:28 am

Rob wrote:Don't get too high when we win, or too low when we lose. However, winning today has made my weekend but has not confirmed GC as the second coming :lol:

Exactly. Why can't people just enjoy the win without the usual negativity or over analysis.
Hopefully by now, it's apparent we aren't going to break any records this season with this shower, even if God was managing the team.

Despite the evidence over the last calendar year, some still want to question if GC is the Messiah or not. Its far too early to juxge.
Can we try and be a bit more level, appreciate that this task is beyond a quick fix and try and aim for greater things in the future without laying the boot in every time we get a knock back?
G B
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:01 am

tuopolfpilf wrote:GC will have to be given time , we cannot kerp changing manager's.

Grimsby players were probably a damn sight fitter though mate. 3 isn't 13 a decent return by any stretch, but imo at least half of those games have been sorting fitness & attitude out

I agree in sticking with GC, hopefully that's the general fan consensus
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum