{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

OLDHAM the next BURY

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

OLDHAM the next BURY

Postby SINA STAG » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:02 pm

Reading an article in the Oldham rag it looks like the current owner as reported a previous owner to the police for miss management of funds towards their new refurbished stand n banquet suit that stands empty...
The former owner counteracts this claim by announcing rent money as not being paid.....

The article......

These conversations between police and club will no doubt be quite involved, as Lemsagam is going back over the complicated series of deals that financed the North Stand up to six years before he took over. To muddle the issues further, the stand, built to incorporate banqueting and other money-making facilities previously lacking at Boundary Park, was closed on safety grounds following the 1-1 draw with Carlisle on 18 January. So the stand, which was intended to herald a successful and sustainable future for Oldham, stands empty on matchdays, a looming reminder of current troubles.

One of the previous owners, Simon Blitz, an entrepreneur based in the US, emphatically rejects any allegations of wrongdoing arising from that series of deals and he was sufficiently confident of that position to attend a fans’ forum last month and answer questions publicly. He has recently become more assertive, responding to Lemsagam’s police complaint and suggestions of legal action by saying that the club is behind with the rent, owing £200,000, and a loan, £330,000, with further rent and interest adding up at £10,000 and £5,000 per month.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Re: OLDHAM the next BURY

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:12 pm

the article is here for those who want to read it:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... orth-stand
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby stag861 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:25 am

stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:44 pm

stag861 wrote:A brighter note from other clubs

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... e-stadium-

31.5 million for a 9000 capacity stadium!!!!!

They should have asked Uncle Keith in to advise :lol:
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:18 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:the article is here for those who want to read it:

Thanks for that Martin but the basic of the article was in my post above.......

I alao suggest you ease off on your personal negativity regarding players when your commenting on games. Fans pay money to watch these matches hear that the players are struggling to get a result or even compete against an other team it doesn't warrant you using it as a platform to give your personal view during a match.....

One to many during a game Martin
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:33 pm

SINA STAG wrote:

I alao suggest you ease off on your personal negativity regarding players when your commenting on games. Fans pay money to watch these matches hear that the players are struggling to get a result or even compete against an other team it doesn't warrant you using it as a platform to give your personal view during a match.....

Maybe you should just mute him then. He’s giving an opinion.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:09 pm

SINA STAG wrote:

Martin is absolutely entitled to give his personal opinion when commentating, just as you are to disagree with it.
garlic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby spainmick » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:26 pm

Sinastag....I personally find Martin's commentary and reports to be a balanced view..
spainmick
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:37 pm

I think Martin's commo is the only positive about Iplayer. Martin is fair and balanced without being ott with the Stags persuasion. I personally love a good old fashioned strong opinion and wish the media in general would stop letting this squad get away with scandalous performances week after week.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:46 pm

spainmick wrote:Sinastag....I personally find Martin's commentary and reports to be a balanced view..

Me too. Judging by Sinas posts he seems to have a grudge against Martin.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Reg Holdsworth » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:17 pm

Martin (and Dean) seem very balanced and insightful with their views to me. Long may it continue!
Reg Holdsworth
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sneag » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:20 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:I think Martin's commo is the only positive about Iplayer. Martin is fair and balanced without being ott with the Stags persuasion. I personally love a good old fashioned strong opinion and wish the media in general would stop letting this squad get away with scandalous performances week after week.

I do wish he'd drop this 'keeper pouching the ball' cobblers though. The keeper caught the flipping ball, he caught it, he has hands, the only way he'd pouch the ball would be if Skippy the Bush Kangaroo was in nets.

Though I'd be willing to give Skippy a chance if she could command her 6 yard box.
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby waddostag » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:23 pm

Sneag wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:I think Martin's commo is the only positive about Iplayer. Martin is fair and balanced without being ott with the Stags persuasion. I personally love a good old fashioned strong opinion and wish the media in general would stop letting this squad get away with scandalous performances week after week.

I do wish he'd drop this 'keeper pouching the ball' cobblers though. The keeper caught the flipping ball, he caught it, he has hands, the only way he'd pouch the ball would be if Skippy the Bush Kangaroo was in nets.

Though I'd be willing to give Skippy a chance if she could command her 6 yard box.

Love the commentary from Martin, but he does wind me up with his infatuation about the old North Stand toilets. Rarely ever gets through a match without a comment about the smell when a corner or throw in is taken from that area.
waddostag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby garlic » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:27 pm

waddostag wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Love the commentary from Martin, but he does wind me up with his infatuation about the old North Stand toilets. Rarely ever gets through a match without a comment about the smell when a corner or throw in is taken from that area.

Once smelt, never forgotten, the memory lingers long in the imagination
garlic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Bridgford Stag » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:22 pm

garlic wrote:
waddostag wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Aaaaargh...that has taken me back to the 60's and 70's.....used to stay outside the toilets at half time and just wee from outside and the fact that it was on a downward slope didn't help!!

What did women do in those days (rhetorical!)?

Sorry. I realise I have drifted from the original thread.but quite rightly individuals (especially) and all Clubs need to be accountable.
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:13 am

Bridgford Stag wrote:
garlic wrote:
waddostag wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Aaaaargh...that has taken me back to the 60's and 70's.....used to stay outside the toilets at half time and just wee from outside and the fact that it was on a downward slope didn't help!!

What did women do in those days (rhetorical!)?

Sorry. I realise I have drifted from the original thread.but quite rightly individuals (especially) and all Clubs need to be accountable.

The worst were the West Stand toilets at the corner of the North Stand. A tin hut with a piece of guttering to pee into.

Such fond memories.....
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:52 am

bellwhiff wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:

Maybe you should just mute him then. He’s giving an opinion.

I would Belter but the other people in the pub might have an opinion like I'm entitled to my opinion on Martin personal verbal slaying of a team we know are struggling to win a game.
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 am

HU7stag wrote:
spainmick wrote:Sinastag....I personally find Martin's commentary and reports to be a balanced view..

Nooo I don't have a grudge with or against Martin I wouldn't say anything on here or FB Twitter etc. I wouldn't say to his face.

I've just made a suggestion that maybe he should stop with the criticism of players during the game he let's his love for the Stags override his professional side on commentating at matches n if I was really going to be picky its pronounced MANSfield not MARNSfield not that the southern raspberrys
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:35 am

Good grief. Keep up the great work Martin, which I know costs you a small fortune and is hugely appreciated by the overwhelming majority of Stags fans.

I moved from the Bish to the North in the late 70s. The memory of those toilets will never dissipate! The fact the loo''s and their outpouring were next to the snack shed just completed the scene!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:12 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
HU7stag wrote:

Nooo I don't have a grudge with or against Martin I wouldn't say anything on here or FB Twitter etc. I wouldn't say to his face.

I've just made a suggestion that maybe he should stop with the criticism of players during the game he let's his love for the Stags override his professional side on commentating at matches n if I was really going to be picky its pronounced MANSfield not MARNSfield not that the southern raspberrys

Wow, why don't you go up there with him and see how impartial you can be?
In my opinion he's too diplomatic about them and doesn't slate them enough when they warrant it sometimes.

Your pronunciation must be so perfect?
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:15 pm

Really enjoy Martins commentary, and actually he is very reserved in criticism. If i was doing the commentary given the total raspberry we have had to endure this season, it would be considerably worse.
victor A block
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:22 pm

victor A block wrote:Really enjoy Martins commentary, and actually he is very reserved in criticism. If i was doing the commentary given the total raspberry we have had to endure this season, it would be considerably worse.

:lol: I'd be off air within 5 mins. I've done co-comms a couple of times and quickly realised I was a bit too involved to offer anything remotely coherent.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:08 pm

In view of the direction this thread is going perhaps we should change the title to Martin Shaw the next Martin Tyler or the North Stand bogs the next Chernobyl
Bros
First Team
First Team

Postby Bradders » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:14 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
HU7stag wrote:

Martin is an amateur doing an amazing professional job. You might pick fault here and there, but that applies to every commentator. As for the pronunciation, he's clear and steady and has Dean to add the local ingredient. Criticising players - as fans we all do that and I don't think he's excessive. He's not a neutral like the BBC commentators so a little Stags bias is fine, and I like it being from the Stags point of view.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:39 pm

Bradders wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:
HU7stag wrote:

Martin is an amateur doing an amazing professional job. You might pick fault here and there, but that applies to every commentator. As for the pronunciation, he's clear and steady and has Dean to add the local ingredient. Criticising players - as fans we all do that and I don't think he's excessive. He's not a neutral like the BBC commentators so a little Stags bias is fine, and I like it being from the Stags point of view.

Yes. It’s absolutely churlish to criticise someone who devotes the amount of time and energy to our Club as Martin does - as far as I can see, at significant personal expense.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum