{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby Tess Tickle » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:00 pm

Seriously, what is the point in having CJ on the pitch ?
Tonight like most games he has done nothing. Bish and Tommo trying their best to contain 4 midfielders who could play good close football. Instead of helping out a bit and getting stuck in he is like a fairy on the wing who can run fast.
Tess Tickle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby lifestags » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:01 pm

Tess Tickle wrote:Seriously, what is the point in having CJ on the pitch ?
Tonight like most games he has done nothing. Bish and Tommo trying their best to contain 4 midfielders who could play good close football. Instead of helping out a bit and getting stuck in he is like a fairy on the wing who can run fast.

Because we have no players who can pass a ball at least cj gets up in the pitch with his pace. Rest of team we're flipping woeful.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:07 pm

lifestags wrote:

Because we have no players who can pass a ball at least cj gets up in the pitch with his pace. Rest of team we're flipping woeful.

He wasn’t great but he looked at least like he might do something.

I don’t know what Rose was doing today.

It pains me to say it but with the players we have (not great) I actually think we are missing Macca.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Tess Tickle » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:08 pm

lifestags wrote:

Give over. Pace is useless without any skill to actually do something with the ball. The only decent cross he did was pure fortune in going through the Orient players legs. If he has so much pace why arent we liberally swinging the ball out to him at every opportunity?
We were chasing shadows all night I'm afraid. It's looking bad....
Tess Tickle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:08 pm

What is the point of rose?

What is the love in with him? Am I missing something!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:08 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
lifestags wrote:

It pains me to say it but with the players we have (not great) I actually think we are missing Macca.

He always looks like that but it’s always the same outcome he never actually does anything.

Luxury player we can’t afford to keep playing.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:09 pm

Rose was raspberry, diving to floor as soon as has any time on the ball because he has no idea what to do with it.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:10 pm

We need Hamilton because he's the only one that can carry a football, the midfield have no creativity in then to get us up the pitch, the lead up to the corner proves why we need him on, he can actually shift the ball. Who do we play instead of him macca who will get it and just pumped it up to nobody like bish and Tomlinson?
Last edited by lifestags on Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:11 pm

Another shocking display.. what on earth do they do on the training pitch? The current Manager has let experienced players leave and not adequately replaced them which brings his management skill into doubt, We have no shape , the players appear to be working hard but running around like headless chickens, we cannot pass , just lump it forward and hope. we panic at the back when under pressure and have no composure or pace or skill in midfield.Looking at the bench I just cannot see where it can be changed for the better , I dont like knocking individal players but Olejnik is clearly not good enough and has yet again cost us points
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:12 pm

I don't know what was worse watching the Stags on iplayer or listening to negativity coming out of Martin Shaws mouth......

Both rated 2 out of 10 for entertainment value
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:13 pm

Tess Tickle wrote:
lifestags wrote:

Give over. Pace is useless without any skill to actually do something with the ball. The only decent cross he did was pure fortune in going through the Orient players legs. If he has so much pace why arent we liberally swinging the ball out to him at every opportunity?
We were chasing shadows all night I'm afraid. It's looking bad....

Give over. Hamilton is far, far from perfect, but we’ll be even more lifeless going forwards if we don’t have him on the pitch - he’s the only fit player who’s got a yard of pace.

Regarding his good cross to Maynard in the first half, I don’t think it was luck at all. Hamilton’s actually decent at pulling the ball back to late runners when he attacks his fullback quickly.

He’s a limited player but sadly we’d be even worse without him.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:13 pm

adamstag wrote:I honestly believe that if we stop up, which however much folks panic look likely, we’ve got a cracker of a manager in coughlan, if he can get the right players and level of fitness to implement his plans we can go far.

Basically in the summer I’d expect 3/4 players of the current squad to still be here

I myself think he's going to take us nowhere.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Harrington St Stag » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:14 pm

A cold night in east London and not much to warm us up in that performance. MoM was Pearce imo. We didn’t create much outside a 10 minute spell in the second half. Orient were not that special but they looked better on the ball and stronger in midfield. And don’t get me on the subject of Rose ...
Harrington St Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:15 pm

SINA STAG wrote:I don't know what was worse watching the Stags on iplayer or listening to negativity coming out of Martin Shaws mouth......

Both rated 2 out of 10 for entertainment value

Something tells me you don't like Martin :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:17 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:
lifestags wrote:

He always looks like that but it’s always the same outcome he never actually does anything.

It’s always funny to me how so many Stags fans label players who can actually threaten the other team a bit going forwards as ‘luxury players’ who we can’t afford to play. May as well call Maynard a luxury that we don’t need and be done with it.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:17 pm

Spiritater wrote:
adamstag wrote:I honestly believe that if we stop up, which however much folks panic look likely, we’ve got a cracker of a manager in coughlan, if he can get the right players and level of fitness to implement his plans we can go far.

Basically in the summer I’d expect 3/4 players of the current squad to still be here

Hard to say where's he's going to take us until he has his own players in really. I wonder what the objectives will be for next season because I doubt were just gonna suddenly smash the league with a load of new players being bought. It didn't work under Evans, Flitcroft or Dempster
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:20 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:
lifestags wrote:

It’s always funny to me how so many Stags fans label players who can actually threaten the other team a bit going forwards as ‘luxury players’ who we can’t afford to play. May as well call Maynard a luxury that we don’t need and be done with it.

This. Louder for the people with their fingers in their ears at the back.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby WVStag » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:20 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Hard to say where's he's going to take us until he has his own players in really. I wonder what the objectives will be for next season because I doubt were just gonna suddenly smash the league with a load of new players being bought. It didn't work under Evans, Flitcroft or Dempster

It was working under Evans. Smashing the league perhaps not, but we were well on our way. Don’t kid yourself otherwise.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:27 pm

On their heads be it.

The Radford's have torn it all down. They created this over the past few seasons. They think they know what they're doing but I'm not convinced.

Build all the training facilities they want and go on gossipy Chanel 5 shows all they like but itt doesn't help when the club is a total mess on the pitch. They change manager and with it the philosophy of the team so often and it's showing, no structure or tactics. Our senior players are a disgrace to the shirt. How most of us would have loved to have been professional footballers and this is all they can muster.

It's dispiriting.
It lacks any kind of feeling.
It's garbage.

And when we're relegated; On your head be it John Radford.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:27 pm

WVStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

It was working under Evans. Smashing the league perhaps not, but we were well on our way. Don’t kid yourself otherwise.
Yes, a real pity that China job came up.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:30 pm

Why did he not change it earlier tonight? Everyone could see they were tired and rose was doing nothing. I think it's down to that He has made our squad a lot weaker and don't trust the bench.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:31 pm

Finding it difficult to find that optimism at the moment. He places a lot of emphasis on fitness and hard work but not seen much else from him so far that gives me confidence. Maybe that’s just because the technical quality in the squad is so poor? We’ll find out truly next season, but I wish he’d have given more of a chance to our technical players before shipping them out and replacing them with kids with no experience. Let’s face it, Mellis and Khan were no worse than Bishop, Tomlinson, etc. but they can actually pass it.

He’ll rightfully clear the vast majority out, but I pray he gets some proper footballers in who can dictate play and not just a team of workhorses.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:35 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:On their heads be it.

The Radford's have torn it all down. They created this over the past few seasons. They think they know what they're doing but I'm not convinced.

Build all the training facilities they want and go on gossipy Chanel 5 shows all they like but itt doesn't help when the club is a total mess on the pitch. They change manager and with it the philosophy of the team so often and it's showing, no structure or tactics. Our senior players are a disgrace to the shirt. How most of us would have loved to have been professional footballers and this is all they can muster.

It's dispiriting.
It lacks any kind of feeling.
It's garbage.

And when we're relegated; On your head be it John Radford.

A bit extreme but I do generally agree. The sacking of DF was a poor decision. I know plenty will still maintain it was right, well I think I'd take last season over this thanks. Some great football, feel good atmosphere at the club and a League 2 promotion challenge for the first time in 15 years. Now, rubbish football, horrible atmosphere at the club and a relegation battle. I think JR will have learnt a valuable lesson, one that has also cost him a lot of money.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:42 pm

Boring football, the most overrated squad in our history, zero fight in 90% of them. Roll on May so GC can clear this lot out, just hope if he's got some money available he assembles a good footballing side
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:48 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Boring football, the most overrated squad in our history, zero fight in 90% of them. Roll on May so GC can clear this lot out, just hope if he's got some money available he assembles a good footballing side

I am not sure that is high on his priority list. Next season, if we are still in the FL, I expect us to be hard working, tough to beat but hard to watch. It's a formula that has to get results because if not, even the more moderate souls will quickly lose patience.
Rob
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum