{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bishop swearing at fans

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:15 am

I think we should remember that Bishop was seen as a very very good signing at the time and whatever has transpired he has been a very decent player for us and he will be gone at the end of the season anyway so lets support him though the last 15 as he is needed currently to make sure we have some sort of midfield.

It would be sad for him to leave Stags with a bad taste in his mouth as his last club at league level maybe and as they say some with games u only remember the second half.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3338
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:28 am

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:08 am

There are players just biding their time wishing the season would end already, who can't wait to get released, of which Bishop clearly seems to be one in my opinion.
There are very few others who have settled in the area and want to stay rather than having to uproot and move on, such as MacDonald (you can argue he isn't the best but you can't doubt his effort)

It shouldn't be rocket science for Coughlan when it comes to a retained list.

Could and very much should be one of the biggest culls in recent times.
User avatar
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2336
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:39 pm
Location: Newbold

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby Beano » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:12 am

He said this BEFORE the County game, then had a shocker

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/fo ... ho-2545633

Can you imagine Kevin Bird, George Foster, of the likes of Phil Stant saying something like that before a local derby?
User avatar
Beano
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2627
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:17 am

Agree with that Rob.

Several players all want out, and they are entitled to. Bishop won't play FL again. And to be honest after his recent outbursts of bad behaviour and professionalism, I think we probably want rid too.

The cull that you speak of happens far too frequently for me. The board need to have a clear direction on and off the pitch.

Changing manager so often is one thing but when the management teams are chalk and cheese, it's a recipe for disaster because the change in style doesn't suit the players.

You can't go from being a football playing passing team, then expecting the same players to play just as well with totally different instructions under GC.

Players and fans are frustrated, and that is all it is. But this season and the inevitable rebuild is the Radford's own doing.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4370
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:03 pm

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:17 pm

stagmanrob wrote:There are players just biding their time wishing the season would end already, who can't wait to get released, of which Bishop clearly seems to be one in my opinion.
There are very few others who have settled in the area and want to stay rather than having to uproot and move on, such as MacDonald (you can argue he isn't the best but you can't doubt his effort)

It shouldn't be rocket science for Coughlan when it comes to a retained list.

Could and very much should be one of the biggest culls in recent times.


I’ve cleaned my boots ready for the call up
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8245
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:24 pm
Location: Edwinstowe

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:42 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:There are players just biding their time wishing the season would end already, who can't wait to get released, of which Bishop clearly seems to be one in my opinion.
There are very few others who have settled in the area and want to stay rather than having to uproot and move on, such as MacDonald (you can argue he isn't the best but you can't doubt his effort)

It shouldn't be rocket science for Coughlan when it comes to a retained list.

Could and very much should be one of the biggest culls in recent times.


I’ve cleaned my boots ready for the call up


:) Great news , What position would you play , what nickname do you want to be called :think:

:drummer: We need your song as well :lol:
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5702
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 8:32 am

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby Ronaldo10 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:28 pm

Chander Lear wrote:Celebrating away from fans

Sod em

No season ticket for me again

Done with stags


Pretty sure you was in a taxi back to Lancaster when the goal went in. You must have Superman vision :lol: :lol:
Ronaldo10
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:01 pm

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:10 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:There are players just biding their time wishing the season would end already, who can't wait to get released, of which Bishop clearly seems to be one in my opinion.
There are very few others who have settled in the area and want to stay rather than having to uproot and move on, such as MacDonald (you can argue he isn't the best but you can't doubt his effort)

It shouldn't be rocket science for Coughlan when it comes to a retained list.

Could and very much should be one of the biggest culls in recent times.


I’ve cleaned my boots ready for the call up


:) Great news , What position would you play , what nickname do you want to be called :think:

:drummer: We need your song as well :lol:


Think Pele
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8245
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:24 pm
Location: Edwinstowe

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby Sneag » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:15 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:There are players just biding their time wishing the season would end already, who can't wait to get released, of which Bishop clearly seems to be one in my opinion.
There are very few others who have settled in the area and want to stay rather than having to uproot and move on, such as MacDonald (you can argue he isn't the best but you can't doubt his effort)

It shouldn't be rocket science for Coughlan when it comes to a retained list.

Could and very much should be one of the biggest culls in recent times.


I’ve cleaned my boots ready for the call up


:) Great news , What position would you play , what nickname do you want to be called :think:

:drummer: We need your song as well :lol:


Think Pele


Erectile disfunction?
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8526
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:23 pm

Sneag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:There are players just biding their time wishing the season would end already, who can't wait to get released, of which Bishop clearly seems to be one in my opinion.
There are very few others who have settled in the area and want to stay rather than having to uproot and move on, such as MacDonald (you can argue he isn't the best but you can't doubt his effort)

It shouldn't be rocket science for Coughlan when it comes to a retained list.

Could and very much should be one of the biggest culls in recent times.


I’ve cleaned my boots ready for the call up


:) Great news , What position would you play , what nickname do you want to be called :think:

:drummer: We need your song as well :lol:


Think Pele


Erectile disfunction?


:) Like it :lol: Viagra kid doing it large up front :yahoo:
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5702
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 8:32 am

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby Big yella » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:41 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:There are players just biding their time wishing the season would end already, who can't wait to get released, of which Bishop clearly seems to be one in my opinion.
There are very few others who have settled in the area and want to stay rather than having to uproot and move on, such as MacDonald (you can argue he isn't the best but you can't doubt his effort)

It shouldn't be rocket science for Coughlan when it comes to a retained list.

Could and very much should be one of the biggest culls in recent times.


I’ve cleaned my boots ready for the call up


:) Great news , What position would you play , what nickname do you want to be called :think:

:drummer: We need your song as well :lol:


Think Pele

What a 79 year old man that can't get a hard on. ;)
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4229
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:03 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:07 am

So sad ,Pele the Legend of football going through a bad time.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/footbal ... ailsignout
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5702
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 8:32 am

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby Chacawab » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:32 am

This thread has moved on to being about an ageing footballer now sadly lacking with any penetration.

Oh wait it’s still on thread! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chacawab
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:55 am

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:25 am

Beano wrote:He said this BEFORE the County game, then had a shocker

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/fo ... ho-2545633

Can you imagine Kevin Bird, George Foster, of the likes of Phil Stant saying something like that before a local derby?

I've read the article.

I can't see what all the fuss is about.

Mountains and molehills come to mind!
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6222
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:38 am

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby PRL13 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:33 am

Bish isn`t perfect, but some of the comments, especially the agest ones are pathetic and if you said it to his face, he`d floor you!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:44 pm

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:57 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Beano wrote:He said this BEFORE the County game, then had a shocker

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/fo ... ho-2545633

Can you imagine Kevin Bird, George Foster, of the likes of Phil Stant saying something like that before a local derby?

I've read the article.

I can't see what all the fuss is about.

Mountains and molehills come to mind!


I agree, Andy
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8245
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:24 pm
Location: Edwinstowe

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby Rob » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:34 pm

PRL13 wrote:Bish isn`t perfect, but some of the comments, especially the agest ones are pathetic and if you said it to his face, he`d floor you!


:lol: So true.
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4706
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:33 am

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby Tre Cool » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:33 pm

PRL13 wrote:Bish isn`t perfect, but some of the comments, especially the agest ones are pathetic and if you said it to his face, he`d floor you!


If he had any sense which clearly he lacks in the heat of the moment he wouldn't as he'd be in the same situation as Donahue. Plus he has a son to be a role model for and a wife with a business that he wouldn't want to be a stain on.
User avatar
Tre Cool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 628
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: Bolsover

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:15 pm

Thought the article was honest and seems ok imo. The team were rubbish that day, not just Bishop. He’s apologised and still gives all he can for us. A pity he’s coming to the end of his playing career.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3247
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:48 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Thought the article was honest and seems ok imo. The team were rubbish that day, not just Bishop. He’s apologised and still gives all he can for us. A pity he’s coming to the end of his playing career.


I’d like to see him become part of the coaching staff next season.
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8245
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:24 pm
Location: Edwinstowe

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby Vice President » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:28 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::D The good old days

Image


Ahh the good old days ... when pure skill overcame all this nonsense that we are seeing now. (e.g. under training, over training, social media etc.)
Vice President
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1994
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:59 pm

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby Vice President » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:34 pm

Vice President wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::D The good old days

Image


Ahh the good old days ... when pure skill overcame all this nonsense that we are seeing now. (e.g. under training, over training, social media etc.)


Mind you - I've just seen the state of the opposition players in the background! :lol:

Check out the 1974 Charity Shield game on Youtube (Keegan & Bremner getting sent off) - the 70's & 80's certainly had some character!
Vice President
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1994
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:59 pm

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby oldweststander » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:36 pm

Bish can swear all he wants if we get three points tonight.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:30 pm

Bish might not play Saturday after tonight, id like to see the new lad
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2396
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Bishop swearing at fans

Postby adamstag » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:03 pm

2-1 Bradford
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7583
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 am

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Oak Tree Stag, sw19stag and 21 guests