{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Yey another negative Manager

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Yey another negative Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:13 pm

How long has GC been in nanagement? Long enough to know if it's not broke 2-0 it doesn't need fixing , or have we employed a Tinkerman?
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:15 pm

Sneag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Hon Sec wrote:The wind ruined the game today.

Very true. After ten minutes there must have been 20 throw ins and goal kicks.

It does always make me chuckle when fans have walked up Quarry Lane like Marcel Marsaud on a windy day, then moan at every misplaced pass & misjudged header.

A couple round me decided Watts was ‘raspberry’ after he misjudged that header in the first few minutes.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:18 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Sneag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

It does always make me chuckle when fans have walked up Quarry Lane like Marcel Marsaud on a windy day, then moan at every misplaced pass & misjudged header.

A couple round me decided Watts was ‘raspberry’ after he misjudged that header in the first few minutes.

Members of MTFC’s “Moronic Fringe” maybe?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:33 pm

Plenty of them about, someone shouted at the end ‘Coughlan your s***’.

Let’s hound him out next!
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:40 pm

I think the whole squad is rotten.

We’re raspberried.

Whatever, we’re 1 point further away from Stevenage than we were at the start of the day
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:46 pm

I just don't believe Cocker is a negative manager. He is on his 2nd job in management. He's been a professional manager for under 18 months, and he's been at the club 6 weeks, picking up the pieces from the mess JD made.

This thread is petulant and immature.

We need a win from one of the next 2 though.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:49 pm

He’s not a negative manager. The substitutions were a mistake but they weren’t negative. At the tine the second goal went in we had the same formation as when we started the game.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:59 pm

Sneag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Who ?
:)
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:00 pm

Bobby made a mistake, the manager made a mistake by putting Preston on.

The players, in general, are not good enough.

Today Pearce, Tomlinson, Maynard, Rose and yes Bishop earned their money.

We look menacing, not dangerous, going forward and extremely vulnerable when defending.

The only answer is as clean a slate as the manager can arrange at season's end.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:36 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Who ?
:)

Quarry Lane - Cleo’s brother
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:08 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:He’s not a negative manager. The substitutions were a mistake but they weren’t negative. At the tine the second goal went in we had the same formation as when we started the game.

Your speaking with hindsight though when you say they were a mistake

If we hadn’t of conceded or if Hamilton’s pace had caught them on the counterattack while they were pushing for a possible equaliser you’d be saying he got it spot on.

Following the departures yesterday players like Maynard & Rose are vital to our season end even more so than before. At 2-0 going into the last 12 minutes I can see the sense in taking Maynard off and not risking him getting injured

With the exception of Oldham all our performances under GC have been better than before and should have resulted in more points. While the football has not been great at times you can see we will become a side with a distinct way of playing, something which wasn’t evident under Dempster
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby 1975stag » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:09 pm

Youre only as good as your tools , his tools are raspberry and past their use by date
1975stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:13 pm

Kenwood wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:He’s not a negative manager. The substitutions were a mistake but they weren’t negative. At the tine the second goal went in we had the same formation as when we started the game.

If we hadn’t of conceded or if Hamilton’s pace had caught them on the counterattack while they were pushing for a possible equaliser you’d be saying he got it spot on.

Following the departures yesterday players like Maynard & Rose are vital to our season end even more so than before. At 2-0 going into the last 12 minutes I can see the sense in taking Maynard off and not risking him getting injured

With the exception of Oldham all our performances under GC have been better than before and should have resulted in more points. While the football has not been great at times you can see we will become a side with a distinct way of playing, something which wasn’t evident under Dempster

Well that’s the exact problem we’ve created for ourselves isn’t it by letting Cook go. We’re now messing around thinking, ‘Christ, we’ve got nowt on the bench, I better get Maynard off sharpish so he’s ready for next week’ and once he’s off it all goes pear shaped.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:23 pm

“I don’t think we just let Cook go”

GC confirmed before the game he’s been in talks with Cook since he took over, and that Cook had expressed a desire to leave.
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:33 pm

Kenwood wrote:

I’m not speaking with hindsight. I thought it was weird at the time. As you say, I understand the logic behind taking Rose or Maynard off. So take one of them up and put CJ on. Don’t take off a proper midfielder off and put a winger in there and hope for the best.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:08 pm

This load of excrement would make Pep look like he didn't know what he was doing.
When are they going to step up and take responsibility?.
Capitulation after capitulation. Why can't players be trusted to do their job whe.n they come on the pitch. Time and time again, they let him down, even though he his defending them to hilt. I know what I would call them in the dressing room, but he has to nurse.them through to the end of the season without destroying confidence entirely. If you want to have a go at him, do so ,when he has get rid of this underachieving, gutless pile of crap, he has been left with.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:44 pm

bigalstag wrote:This load of excrement would make Pep look like he didn't know what he was doing.
When are they going to step up and take responsibility?.
Capitulation after capitulation. Why can't players be trusted to do their job whe.n they come on the pitch. Time and time again, they let him down, even though he his defending them to hilt. I know what I would call them in the dressing room, but he has to nurse.them through to the end of the season without destroying confidence entirely. If you want to have a go at him, do so ,when he has get rid of this underachieving, gutless pile of crap, he has been left with.

Warning! Generalisation alert!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:49 pm

The eleven picked to start should be on for 90 mins or don’t pick them. Subs for players injured is obvious but making changes is because the selection wasn’t right to start with and that’s down to whoever picks the team...making subs nowadays is just a way for a manager to try and right his wrongs.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby chip63 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:24 am

Instead of posting a thread saying negative manager ...
Wouldn't it be better to ask if he's a negative manager.
I don't think he was, I'm a bit daunted with today's subs but hope we learn.

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:30 am

He made subs to try and secure the win. It backfired. He's now on a 20% win rate and perhaps feeling the pinch.

Having said that his remit must be to avoid relegation, with our side the way it is this season that win% won't be high.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:44 am

GC is an inexperienced manager. As such he will make mistakes. If he keeps us in this division this season he will have done a good job. That's all we can expect of him this season.

I'm grateful for gaining a further point ahead of Stevenage.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:02 am

CassellsCap wrote:The eleven picked to start should be on for 90 mins or don’t pick them. Subs for players injured is obvious but making changes is because the selection wasn’t right to start with and that’s down to whoever picks the team...making subs nowadays is just a way for a manager to try and right his wrongs.

Are you actually serious ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:52 am

GC came to us leading into the xmas period when games came thick and fast so there wasnt much time on the training ground.
Now he has had the opportunity to mould the squad in training and in the transfer market there are signs of improvement in the performances.
Yes it went wrong at the end yesterday, but we have taken 4 points from 3 games this week. If we continue doing that for the rest of the season we will end up on 51 points which is safety, the remit I expect he was given on arrival.
We can't judge GC for at least another year as he has taken over a poorly performing squad in mid season. Get off his back and give him time.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:16 am

CassellsCap wrote:The eleven picked to start should be on for 90 mins or don’t pick them. Subs for players injured is obvious but making changes is because the selection wasn’t right to start with and that’s down to whoever picks the team...making subs nowadays is just a way for a manager to try and right his wrongs.

What on Earth have I just read :lol: :lol:
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:52 am

That seems a bit bizarre to me, Cass
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum