{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Oldham Athletic

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Oldham Athletic

Postby Kernow » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:32 am

Rumours abound of a possible administration, Anybody know more .
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Re: Oldham Athletic

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:34 am

Kernow wrote:Rumours abound of a possible administration, Anybody know more .

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2 ... statement/
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:45 am

Do not know why, not made many signings
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:06 pm

A steward at Boundary explained that OAFC own the three “older” stands and the pitch. The Joe Royal Stand is owned by the local authority who also own the freehold to the land. Despite indications that the new stand was closed for ground safety reasons, he said it was simply a dispute about financial payments involving the Club, the Council and the bank, resulting in OAFC being excluded from the stand “for the foreseeable future”
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:14 pm

The One wrote:Do not know why, not made many signings

Actual LOL.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:53 pm

If they are that hard up, why did they drop admission to £5 on Tuesday?

It may have put a few hundred on the gate but I can't see that they made more money over all.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:57 pm

Suppose it's extra sales on everything like food, drink, programmes, parking and the such.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:38 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:If they are that hard up, why did they drop admission to £5 on Tuesday?

It may have put a few hundred on the gate but I can't see that they made more money over all.

Their gate would have been much less. Would you stand in the rain for £20-odd quid plus travel, food etc or £10 to watch it in your front room?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:50 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:If they are that hard up, why did they drop admission to £5 on Tuesday?

Their gate would have been much less. Would you stand in the rain for £20-odd quid plus travel, food etc or £10 to watch it in your front room?

I realise the gate would be lower but there were less than 3000 there. They sold tickets for at least 75% discount which means that any crowd over 750 and they would have made more money. I know there would have been variations for class of ticket but some would have cost more than £20 to ballance it out a bit. A rough guide would probably be at least 1000 to make more. I can't see that they would have got less than 2000 even with ifollow taking a chunk out f the crowd. We still took nearly 400 so I'm sure locals would have been more likely to turn up.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:23 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

I realise the gate would be lower but there were less than 3000 there. They sold tickets for at least 75% discount which means that any crowd over 750 and they would have made more money. I know there would have been variations for class of ticket but some would have cost more than £20 to ballance it out a bit. A rough guide would probably be at least 1000 to make more. I can't see that they would have got less than 2000 even with ifollow taking a chunk out f the crowd. We still took nearly 400 so I'm sure locals would have been more likely to turn up.

It would depend how many are season ticket holders, I guess. That money is already banked. So they'd need 750 on top of season tickets. Or am imissing something? (serious question. I've had a banging headache all afternoon so I may have missed something)
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:01 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

It would depend how many are season ticket holders, I guess. That money is already banked. So they'd need 750 on top of season tickets. Or am imissing something? (serious question. I've had a banging headache all afternoon so I may have missed something)

Yes you are missing the fact that the season ticket holders had already paid (as I had forgotten) so you wouldn't need anywhere near 750 extra to make the money up. I suppose we can forget the actual numbers and just reckon that by reducing tickets by 75%, they need 4 times the paying spectators to break even than by sticking with normal prices. I think this probably reinforces my original point that they undoubtedly lost money by reducing to such a low level. As the crowd didn't increase accordingly
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum