{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Danny Rose

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Danny Rose

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:47 pm

The One wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:
Shaker wrote:I actually forgot about Maynard. Totally different player tonight compared to last season with us.
Also forgot about Joe Riley. Played well.
I've seen some great Mansfield performances against us over the years. Last season and those of a similar age to me may remember a FA Cup tie at Gigg in the 70s with over 16k on. We expected to win and you outplayed us. Only looking at one match, but a poor Mansfield team.

Got to feel sorry for Maynard. He was playing with some seriously talented players last season at Bury. With us he’s got absolute dross around him who don’t have the footballing brain to ever be on his wavelength.

Seriously talented players who bust the club and cost us promotion.

We cost us promotion because we lost our last 3 games.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Re: Danny Rose

Postby scotsstag » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:46 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Big yella wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Big yella wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Your stats are slightly wrong still :

10 goals in 41 games in 14/15, but it still adds up to the point you are trying to make, by a few goals, and again shows why appearance to goals is misleading.

Because goals per minute can't be misleading.

Adam Le Fondre: 124 minutes per goal in the Premier League. 1 in 2.83
Alan Shearer: 147 minutes per goal in the Premier League. 1 in 1.69

I wonder who we would all prefer up front tonight.

I didn't think I would need to explain that sample size is important :roll:

Says the man who just a few posts ago wanted us just to look at what Rose has done in the last 24 games.

Think I'd still take Shearer, looks in great shape for 50 and could still do a job in this league. :)

Daniel Sturridge: 143 minutes per goal in the Premier League. 1 in 2.83 (227 games big enough sample?)
Alan Shearer: 147 minutes per goal in the Premier League. 1 in 1.69

I wonder who we would all prefer up front tonight.

I think 24 matches it a better sample than 2 minutes.

Also, your stats website is letting you down again. Shearer has better goals per minute than Sturridge.

But, I’d prefer Sturridge up front tonight given he’s still playing and Shearer is pushing 50.

Think I'd still take Shearer, might be 50 but looks in better shape than most and could still do a job in this league. :)
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum