{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:58 pm

geoffhill wrote:Do the Macca doubters still not think he is not good enough.The names of all the sceptics are on my list.I won't name them as theyknow who they are.Well done today Macca and the rest of the team whoshowed what they can do under a 'proper manager'.

There’s a space bar on your keyboard Geoff.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Staggie Steve » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:41 pm

Martin
I am struggling to access the 'as live' recording for the Bradford game. It doesn't appear to come up on the match report as an option like it usually does. I tried your earlier link but the same outcome. Any advice?
Staggie Steve
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:36 pm

Staggie Steve wrote:Martin
I am struggling to access the 'as live' recording for the Bradford game. It doesn't appear to come up on the match report as an option like it usually does. I tried your earlier link but the same outcome. Any advice?

It's bizarre. The full match was not available this morning, then it was available, now it's not available again. I can't explain that. However we'll try to get in reinstated in the morning.

In the meantime I'm sending you my extended ("club") highlights now via private message, which will be loaded onto iFollow in the morning, as a recompense.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:59 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
geoffhill wrote:Do the Macca doubters still not think he is not good enough.The names of all the sceptics are on my list.I won't name them as theyknow who they are.Well done today Macca and the rest of the team whoshowed what they can do under a 'proper manager'.

Criticising a player when they're incredibly poor doesn't make you a doubter fgs... Hes one of our squad and will always get support on a match day but will also be singled out like most of the squad this season when they've been cack..

He was brilliant yesterday and we need that from him every week. He knows he can do it, up to him now to keep it going.. Well gone Alex :coys:

Why would you want to single out a player when they have been "cack"? I don't get it, never have and probably never will. We are a 4th division team with 4th division players, they make mistakes and some are not quite good enough to make this level. But to relish singling out our own players, for me anyway, is just pathetic. MacDondald, for me, has had a poor season but has never, ever shirked. He busts a gut, which is what we rightly expect of our players. Sadly it is an indictment of the sad FB, Insta, Twatter losers that they have to blame someone, someone absolutely must be abused. Equally sadly, this forum has become FB, Twatter, Insta etc and is very much all the worse for it. No longer can we disagree without retort to name calling, we disagree with each other and automatically the person we disagree with is a moron (in your case Belly it is a fair assumption ;) ). We have gone from sacking the entire squad to some looking at how many points we are behind the play-offs in 2 hours. Anyway, clearly Geoff has issues, maybe he is a list person rather than the creative type?

Up the Stags, down with the social media imbeciles, I long for the forum this once was, Stephen's do you need a passport to go to wales, circa 2004.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:14 pm

Rob wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Criticising a player when they're incredibly poor doesn't make you a doubter fgs... Hes one of our squad and will always get support on a match day but will also be singled out like most of the squad this season when they've been cack..

He was brilliant yesterday and we need that from him every week. He knows he can do it, up to him now to keep it going.. Well gone Alex :coys:

Why would you want to single out a player when they have been "cack"? I don't get it, never have and probably never will. We are a 4th division team with 4th division players, they make mistakes and some are not quite good enough to make this level. But to relish singling out our own players, for me anyway, is just pathetic. MacDondald, for me, has had a poor season but has never, ever shirked. He busts a gut, which is what we rightly expect of our players. Sadly it is an indictment of the sad FB, Insta, Twatter losers that they have to blame someone, someone absolutely must be abused. Equally sadly, this forum has become FB, Twatter, Insta etc and is very much all the worse for it. No longer can we disagree without retort to name calling, we disagree with each other and automatically the person we disagree with is a moron (in your case Belly it is a fair assumption ;) ). We have gone from sacking the entire squad to some looking at how many points we are behind the play-offs in 2 hours. Anyway, clearly Geoff has issues, maybe he is a list person rather than the creative type?

Up the Stags, down with the social media imbeciles, I long for the forum this once was, Stephen's do you need a passport to go to wales, circa 2004.

So a man posting against abuse etc resorts to calling those using Twitter as basically "Twatters", only on modern day Stagsnet eh Rob, hypocrite!!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:22 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Rob wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

So a man posting against abuse etc resorts to calling those using Twitter as basically "Twatters", only on modern day Stagsnet eh Rob, hypocrite!!!!

I think anyone abusing our own players on Twitter is a raspberry.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:45 pm

Please gentlemen I ask you to leave the match report without any abuse.
It's like a sanctuary for me, it's always been about views of those who went and watched.
Some prefer a different player as man of the match etc...

If you could vote for the manager he would get mine for Saturday.
Positive tactics and subs.

I'm a reader of games and I rely on this site for info.
:coys: :coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:56 pm

I had a deja vu feeling yesterday after beating Bradford City 3-0 and after checking the record books and Svante's preview it took me back to 2nd November 1974 when the Stags also beat Bradford City 3-0 with two goals from Ray Clarke and one from John Lathan. The attendance was 5,147.

I think Cec Podd was playing at right back for Bradford City. He was probably the first black player I saw playing at Field Mill. Trevor Hockey with his big bushy beard was playing in midfield. There was a great atmosphere as the Bradford fans packed out the Quarry Lane terraces behind the goal.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby sw19stag » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:24 am

As far as I can remember Bradford never packed out the QLE.
The most they ever brought was a few hundred.
Now Sheff Wed. that was a different matter!
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:33 am

sw19stag wrote:As far as I can remember Bradford never packed out the QLE.

The Sheff Wed game and Rod's save will live with me forever. Right now I have no idea what year, maybe 76 or 77, I think there were 16k there and I think we drew, but the one thing I will never forget is a save Rod made in the QLE goal. He was a genious and I very much doubt we will ever have a better keeper.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:57 am

I'm pretty sure Bradford had a big away following at that game.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:39 am

Rob wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Rather lost the moral high ground there.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:50 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Staggie Steve wrote:Martin

It's bizarre. The full match was not available this morning, then it was available, now it's not available again. I can't explain that. However we'll try to get in reinstated in the morning.

we've isolated the problem. If you are a UK subscriber, the full match replay is not available. If you are an overseas subscriber, the full match replay is available. This must be an error on loading. Mark is getting on to them this morning to ask them to resolve the issue.

Apologies.

In the meantime, all iFollow subscribers can watch my 19 minute highlights package:
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:35 am

the full match replay is now available.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby smulls » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:02 pm

Rob wrote:

The Sheff Wed game and Rod's save will live with me forever. Right now I have no idea what year, maybe 76 or 77, I think there were 16k there and I think we drew, but the one thing I will never forget is a save Rod made in the QLE goal. He was a genious and I very much doubt we will ever have a better keeper.

The Sheffield Wednesday fans invasion of left side of the Bishop Street Stand disgusted me! I never forgot that the blonde one was a ringleader!
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum