{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:54 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby spanishstag » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:21 pm

Alex macdonald ,MOM what a performance
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:05 pm

detailed report now on
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby geoffhill » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:30 pm

Do the Macca doubters still not think he is not good enough.The names of all the sceptics are on my list.I won't name them as theyknow who they are.Well done today Macca and the rest of the team whoshowed what they can do under a 'proper manager'.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby lancer » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:59 pm

I’m sorry but one swallow etc.
I love Maccas determination and effort but same as Bishop we need something more if we are looking at getting promoted
lancer
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:56 am

lancer wrote:I’m sorry but one swallow etc.
I love Maccas determination and effort but same as Bishop we need something more if we are looking at getting promoted

They're what we have at the minute, but after today they've shown that they can do it but we need to find some consistency and hopefully go on a bit of a run now.

Think we might see one or two more faces in or out. Wouldn't be surprised if Mellis leaves and we replace him.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:29 am

geoffhill wrote:Do the Macca doubters still not think he is not good enough.The names of all the sceptics are on my list.I won't name them as theyknow who they are.Well done today Macca and the rest of the team whoshowed what they can do under a 'proper manager'.

Macca has shown improvement over the past 3 games, same as the rest of them. He was trying fancy passes and his version of tackling was to barge into players.

Macca had his best game for us yesterday. Could it be due to a run in the side in his preferred position? Or perhaps because he stayed out on the right wing instead of drifting inside exposing the full back.

We are at the stage now where our problem appears to be a fitness and application issue, not ability. So all players under performed. We can only comment on what we see. I saw Macca hindering and not helping for 80% of the games in the first half of the a season. This, in hindsight, would likely be down to him being a CM in a 3-5-2, RM in a 4-4-2 and a CM in a 4-4-2 at any given moment.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:38 am

Cook made a brilliant tackle towards the en of the game, for a player not blessed with pace, to track back 40 yards after losing the ball to execute a perfect tackle nicey summed up the attitude of the whole team yesterday.

The fiest time this season I've enjoyed a game from start to finish. Long may that continue.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:30 am

geoffhill wrote:Do the Macca doubters still not think he is not good enough.The names of all the sceptics are on my list.I won't name them as theyknow who they are.Well done today Macca and the rest of the team whoshowed what they can do under a 'proper manager'.

I like macca, but can i go on your list please.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:39 am

Just a quick question, can you no longer watch the full game back on ifollow? cant find the full 90 anywhere
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:46 am

Sneag wrote:Cook made a brilliant tackle towards the en of the game, for a player not blessed with pace, to track back 40 yards after losing the ball to execute a perfect tackle nicey summed up the attitude of the whole team yesterday.

The fiest time this season I've enjoyed a game from start to finish. Long may that continue.

I also noticed that when the half time whistle went the majority of the players ran to the Changing rooms . Previously they went back as if they were taking the dog for a Sunday morning stroll . May be overthinking it but we thought they were under instructions to get back and make the most of the break , update tactics etc .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:58 am

Still feels great after walking away from Field Mill after a proper complete performance.

We should not get carried away but yesterday proves GC management is working, he’s not going to get them up to his fitness standard until next season now but what a improvement.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:06 am

gazza1988 wrote:

Macca has shown improvement over the past 3 games, same as the rest of them. He was trying fancy passes and his version of tackling was to barge into players.

Macca had his best game for us yesterday. Could it be due to a run in the side in his preferred position? Or perhaps because he stayed out on the right wing instead of drifting inside exposing the full back.

We are at the stage now where our problem appears to be a fitness and application issue, not ability. So all players under performed. We can only comment on what we see. I saw Macca hindering and not helping for 80% of the games in the first half of the a season. This, in hindsight, would likely be down to him being a CM in a 3-5-2, RM in a 4-4-2 and a CM in a 4-4-2 at any given moment.

This^^
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:19 am

He's still not playing as an out and out winger though. In his own interview he referred to 'the front three' of Rose, Maynard and CJ. Also GC referred to his formation as being interchangeable.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:49 am

I'm going for Mal Benning and Krystian Pearce as Man of the Match. Mal Benning was my MOM in the first half and Krystian Pearce was superb throughout. Back to his old self. It was really hard to pick a MOM and I can understand why some fans chose Alex MacDonald or Danny Rose. Neal Bishop was also back to his best yesterday.

Krystian Pearce 8.5
Mal Benning 8.5
Alex MacDonald 8
Danny Rose 8
Neal Bishop 8
Nicky Maynard 7.5
Ryan Sweeney 7.5
CJ Hamilton 7
Joe Riley 7
Harry Charsley 7
Bobby Olejnik 7
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:17 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I'm going for Mal Benning and Krystian Pearce as Man of the Match. Mal Benning was my MOM in the first half and Krystian Pearce was superb throughout. Back to his old self. It was really hard to pick a MOM and I can understand why some fans chose Alex MacDonald or Danny Rose. Neal Bishop was also back to his best yesterday.

Krystian Pearce 8.5
Mal Benning 8.5
Alex MacDonald 8
Danny Rose 8
Neal Bishop 8
Nicky Maynard 7.5
Ryan Sweeney 7.5
CJ Hamilton 7
Joe Riley 7
Harry Charsley 7
Bobby Olejnik 7

You can't have two "man of the match". Which one will you pick?
It is a difficult one though. I think that MacDonald had a similar match to the previous two home games; he won a deserved MOTM for one of them and was top of the relevant stats for both. He did what he normally does, tackling in defence, blocking and tackling in midfield, intercepting any sloppy passes, moving the ball forward, passing short or long, taking decent corners, moving wide, and finding gaps in the middle. All at 100%. This time he also added a superb pinpoint cross for Rose's goal. He does make mistakes from time to time but never gives up or tries to hide. The others were all good, and I was particularly pleased to see Pearce back to his best. But there's only one MOTM award and it has to go to Macca.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:22 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Just a quick question, can you no longer watch the full game back on ifollow? cant find the full 90 anywhere

it's there. Go to latest videos or video archive and it is the sixth video listed.

update - scratch that, the link is there, but it's not working. I'll report it and see if it can be fixed.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby lifestags » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:26 pm

The players were shocked with the reaction of the fans at half time (in a positive sense this time) you could see their confidence growing with every tackle. Hope they realise now that it's not just attacking play that gets fans off their feet, it was like we scored a goal when macca made that tackle in front of dugouts.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:32 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Just a quick question, can you no longer watch the full game back on ifollow? cant find the full 90 anywhere

it's there. Go to latest videos or video archive and it is the sixth video listed.

update - scratch that, the link is there, but it's not working. I'll report it and see if it can be fixed.

Thanks martin
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:34 pm

Criticising a player when they're incredibly poor doesn't make you a doubter fgs... Hes one of our squad and will always get support on a match day but will also be singled out like most of the squad this season when they've been cack..

He was brilliant yesterday and we need that from him every week. He knows he can do it, up to him now to keep it going.. Well gone Alex :coys:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:51 pm

I originally had four MOM's Bradders. It took me half an hour to whittle it down to two :lol:

It was the best team performance of the season yesterday.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:09 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Thanks martin

it's working now
https://www.mansfieldtown.net/matches/f ... video=true
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby HU7stag » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:56 pm

Is still doesn't work for me. Sods law, for most of the season its worked fine for me and we get a good result/ play way then it doesn't work!

If I log in via the webpage it doesn't give me the option to view the replay for the game and if I load-up the app it says that I can't watch it due to location.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:50 pm

for anyone interested, I was on Radio Nottingham before the game against Bradford yesterday:

https://stagsnet.net/interviews/Bradfor ... ematch.mp3
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby cerfjaune » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:44 pm

The fact that no-one has made a comment about the referee speaks volumes. I read that this is his first season in the FL. I expect him to go far.
cerfjaune
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum