{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Ref against Bradford City and against Oldham

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Ref against Bradford City and against Oldham

Postby Sweden Stag » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:18 pm

The ref against Bradford City on Saturday will be Will Finnie. A completely new name to me. Promoted from the National League this season and has NEVER before blown the whistle in games involving the Stags. But he reffed Bradford City in their home fixture against Crawley a few months ago.

And at Oldham, the ref will be Michael Salisbury. Think he is the son of Graham Salisbury, who recently IMO added TOO MUCH injury-time against FGR at home. Michael Salisbury has officiated in the EFL since the 2016-17 campaign. His first Stags game was in the EFL Trophy at Port Vale that season. He also reffed against Everton U21 the following campaign. His first Stags EFL game was the 1-1 home draw against Coventry on February 24, 2018. Last season, he reffed the Stags on three occasions, all at home: the 1-1 draw against Colchester, the 3-1 win against Macclesfield and the second leg of the playoffsemifinals against Newport. Previous Stagsnet ratings: 5 once, 6 twice, 7 three times details courtesy of the Stagsnet match reports.

Thankfully, we again avoided the likes of Charles Breakspear and Darren Drysdale, who both will officiate in League One next Tuesday night.

Details just checked.

Just for information.
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Ref against Bradford City and against Oldham

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:16 pm

Darren Drysdale is a brilliant ref since his mare that day against Luton he's been fair and mostly the Stags have won their matches with DD in the middle.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:31 pm

SINA STAG wrote:Darren Drysdale is a brilliant ref since his mare that day against Luton he's been fair and mostly the Stags have won their matches with DD in the middle.

Like with our players though. They are only as good as their last bad game.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:57 pm

SINA STAG wrote:Darren Drysdale is a brilliant ref since his mare that day against Luton he's been fair and mostly the Stags have won their matches with DD in the middle.

Don’t tell Rob :D
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Sweden Stag » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:44 pm

Drysdale hasn't reffed a Stags v Luton game over the years. But he has reffed three times against Carlisle, among them the two lates clashes at One Call. Very inconsistent and his displays against MK Dons in 2007, Stevenage in 2009 and York in 2014 will never be forgotten. Think we have won five, drawn four and lost six league games with Drysdale in charge. Details checked
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:41 pm

Sweden Stag wrote:Drysdale hasn't reffed a Stags v Luton game over the years. But he has reffed three times against Carlisle, among them the two lates clashes at One Call. Very inconsistent and his displays against MK Dons in 2007, Stevenage in 2009 and York in 2014 will never be forgotten. Think we have won five, drawn four and lost six league games with Drysdale in charge. Details checked

15 games in 12.5 seasons seems a lot SS

However I stand corrected it was MK not Luton the game I was thinking of were DD decided to let's say put a MK shirt on......
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:29 am

Who was that other pillock we used to get who was worse than Drysdale? He sent Chris Greenacre off at FM once, grey hair.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sweden Stag » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:56 am

Paul Danson in early 2002, even before prewieving started
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:08 am

Dan wrote:Who was that other pillock we used to get who was worse than Drysdale? He sent Chris Greenacre off at FM once, grey hair.

Theres been a few Dan mainly Premiership Refs strutting around thinking look at me you should be honouring my presence at such a low level of football.
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:22 am

We’ve had VAR at Field Mill for years. (Very Awful Refereeing)
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:42 am

SINA STAG wrote:
Dan wrote:Who was that other pillock we used to get who was worse than Drysdale? He sent Chris Greenacre off at FM once, grey hair.

Theres been a few Dan mainly Premiership Refs strutting around thinking look at me you should be honouring my presence at such a low level of football.

Andre Marriner cost our club over 500,000.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:55 am

Spiritater wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:

Andre Marriner cost our club over 500,000.

The lino had a clearer view Spiro he watched the cheating raspberry punch the ball into the net then he had the cheek to kiss his wristband after still hate him today
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum