{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stags sign Harry Charsley

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: First new face

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:34 pm

Just a bog standard ‘photo of the latest recruit signing’, no airport collection video, no pictures of Carolyn’s latest norks with our latest marque signing? I like a bit of understated publicity, rather more appropriate to our club.

I think that the weight of seriousness of our situation may have hit home and the corner be turned.

Come on you Stags
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Re: Stags sign Harry Charsley

Postby Norman » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:40 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Norman wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
WVStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Welcome to the club

Seen him play in premier League two and hes always looked very good. Looks like he has a right future in the game.

Well done GC for signing a center mid!!

When did you see him play, how many times have you seen him play and how did he perform when you’ve seen him?

That’s the spirit eh

As opposed to a positive comment on a signing, you choose it imply that a poster is fibbing.

Unbelievable

He’s never played in the Premier league and never played for Everton. 1 league game in 5 years and that was for Bolton on loan!

Maybe learn what premier League two is you absolute removed.

No thanks only interested in Div 2 ya melt!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: First new face

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:43 pm

He's played against Stags at Field Mill twice in the last couple of years for Everton U21

August 2019, Stags 1-1 Everton U21
October 2017, Stags 1-0 Everton U21

:coys:
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:43 pm

I hope that means promotion would see the back off you.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:52 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Norman wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
WVStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Welcome to the club

Seen him play in premier League two and hes always looked very good. Looks like he has a right future in the game.

Well done GC for signing a center mid!!

When did you see him play, how many times have you seen him play and how did he perform when you’ve seen him?

That’s the spirit eh

As opposed to a positive comment on a signing, you choose it imply that a poster is fibbing.

Unbelievable

He’s never played in the Premier league and never played for Everton. 1 league game in 5 years and that was for Bolton on loan!

Maybe learn what premier League two is you absolute removed.

No thanks only interested in Div 2 ya melt![/quote]

The championship?
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:01 pm

Norman wrote:No thanks only interested in negativity and whining ya melt!

No charge
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:15 pm

The lad suffered a serious back injury in 2018, hope we have not done it again?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:23 pm

oldweststander wrote:The lad suffered a serious back injury in 2018, hope we have not done it again?

Doesn’t sound like the lad has played much football in the last 6 months. Read a tweet saying Everton had given him a 6 month contract out of courtesy whilst him got himself over an injury. We need this lad to hit the ground running, hopefully he does.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:20 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
oldweststander wrote:The lad suffered a serious back injury in 2018, hope we have not done it again?

Doesn’t sound like the lad has played much football in the last 6 months. Read a tweet saying Everton had given him a 6 month contract out of courtesy whilst him got himself over an injury. We need this lad to hit the ground running, hopefully he does.
No disrespect to the lad, but we can't expect him to make much of a difference.

We need experience and leaders in our current situation.

I'm quite underwhelmed by this signing.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:21 am

It's a shame we could not have signed Anthony Gordon (18) on loan from Everton although I note he came on as a sub against West Ham earlier this month.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:50 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:It's a shame we could not have signed Anthony Gordon (18) on loan from Everton although I note he came on as a sub against West Ham earlier this month.

It’s a shame we couldn’t sign any premier league substitute really Darren.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:00 am

Welcome to Harry Charsley to the Stags
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:04 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:It's a shame we could not have signed Anthony Gordon (18) on loan from Everton although I note he came on as a sub against West Ham earlier this month.

He was the lad from the game earlier in the season who, at 18 years old, was by far the best player on the pitch?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:11 am

We’ve just signed a player who’s got a good pedigree coming through Everton’s youth academy, played for Ireland U21’s and featured for Everton’s first team & some on here are slagging him off already.

Martin, Turn off Stagsnet, it’s done.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:16 am

James wrote:We’ve just signed a player who’s got a good pedigree coming through Everton’s youth academy, played for Ireland U21’s and featured for Everton’s first team & some on here are slagging him off already.

He never played for Everton's first team bud.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:18 am

gazza1988 wrote:
James wrote:We’ve just signed a player who’s got a good pedigree coming through Everton’s youth academy, played for Ireland U21’s and featured for Everton’s first team & some on here are slagging him off already.

He has, in the Europe League.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:42 am

gazza1988 wrote:

He definitely has.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:45 am

Hes a bit of a gamble in an area we need to strengthen. Will he change our fortunes? Probably not but at least it's a new face in the dressing room and someone not already tainted by our recent failures.

GC has made it clear we're mostly stuck with what we have for now.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:47 am

Jamie wrote:Hes a bit of a gamble in an area we need to strengthen. Will he change our fortunes? Probably not but at least it's a new face in the dressing room and someone not already tainted by our recent failures.

GC has made it clear we're mostly stuck with what we have for now.

That just about sums up reality James.

Maybe, if we offload someone we may get another in, if not we go with what we have, which currently is very little.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:52 am

James wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

He definitely has.

So had Gethin Jones :lol:

In all seriousness, let’s hope the new lad gets up to speed sharpish and can make a quick impact. This months recruitment is absolutely crucial, can’t afford to get it wrong.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:06 pm

Clever signing in my opinion..

Good back ground, he's youthful with bags of energy and good technical ability... the exact opposite of the midfielder we rely on every week.. Bishop.

In our current situation, getting the end of the season safely is the aim... Charsley and Tomlinson could be good enough. Id rather have them than Bishop and macca being bypassed every week.

Hes only here until the end of the season too so its up to GC if he stays long term.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:24 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Clever signing in my opinion..

Good back ground, he's youthful with bags of energy and good technical ability... the exact opposite of the midfielder we rely on every week.. Bishop.

In our current situation, getting the end of the season safely is the aim... Charsley and Tomlinson could be good enough. Id rather have them than Bishop and macca being bypassed every week.

Hes only here until the end of the season too so its up to GC if he stays long term.
Given he's had a serious injury, I suspect the short contract is more to do with fitness rather than ability.

I have no problem with the signing, but it's not one that will effect our current situation.

We need proven leadership and experience at league 1 or 2 level.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Chacawab » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:30 pm

A similar type of signing to Ben Whiteman a couple of years ago? Younger player with potential rather than experience. That went really well.

Still time for more experienced signings
Chacawab
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby James » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:37 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

Given he's had a serious injury, I suspect the short contract is more to do with fitness rather than ability.

I have no problem with the signing, but it's not one that will effect our current situation.

You mean like Pearce, Bishop, MacDonald etc?

We actually need young, hungry players who will add some energy to the side, not more 30+ players to be honest.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:46 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

Well hes fully fit and ready to go.... GC has said he won't make stupid decisions and you cant always get the players you fully want in Jan. Its a clever signing and one that will do for this season. If hes decent he will be here next season, If not no problem GC can get in who he really wants in the summer. win win

I imagine we will get another midfielder soon.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum