{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Mellis

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Mellis in court

Postby kyle b » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:22 pm

I know this is a thread about mellis but noticed Donahue is mentioned on here too. Been released by Swindon today for personal reasons.
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:49 pm

kyle b wrote:I know this is a thread about mellis but noticed Donahue is mentioned on here too. Been released by Swindon today for personal reasons.

Don't know why but just looking at him you can tell he's a raspberry.... Very good player though, apparently going to Salford
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Opus » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:58 pm

So what was the verdict on Mellis and what punishment did he receive
Opus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Gonzo » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:12 pm

Mellis got a slapped wrist, Donahue got a £1200 fine
Gonzo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:37 pm

Gonzo wrote:Mellis got a slapped wrist, Donahue got a £1200 fine

Bit of a joke really, especially when Donohue has prior assault cases. Can't say I didn't expect a light punishment

He's also left Swindon I believe. strawberry
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:59 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Bit of a joke really, especially when Donohue has prior assault cases. Can't say I didn't expect a light punishment

Where is this information from? I can't see any press reports.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:02 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

I’m sure the long delay in getting to trial has probably helped the outcome from their point of view. They will point to the fact that they both lost their places at the club and are unlikely to meet their victim again as they now have no ties to the area.

I hope the judge awarded a big wedge of compo.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:09 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

I’m sure the long delay in getting to trial has probably helped the outcome from their point of view. They will point to the fact that they both lost their places at the club and are unlikely to meet their victim again as they now have no ties to the area.

I hope the judge awarded a big wedge of compo.

I'd like to ask again - where is this information from. According to an internet search Donohue has got a previous conviction for assault. He pleaded guilty to affray, assault and GBH. A £1200 fine?
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:15 pm

I googled it and couldn't find anything apart from Donohue leaving Swindon a week ago due to 'personal issues'.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:18 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:I googled it and couldn't find anything apart from Donohue leaving Swindon a week ago due to 'personal issues'.

That's what I found.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Hon Sec » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:44 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
kyle b wrote:I know this is a thread about mellis but noticed Donahue is mentioned on here too. Been released by Swindon today for personal reasons.

Don't know why but just looking at him you can tell he's a raspberry.... Very good player though, apparently going to Salford

Donahue said he was taking time out to return to Ireland to spend time with a young relative who was terminally ill.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:32 am

Hon Sec wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Donahue said he was taking time out to return to Ireland to spend time with a young relative who was terminally ill.

A bit odd, as he is from Anglesey and not Ireland.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Young021 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:24 am

part time pete wrote:
Hon Sec wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

A bit odd, as he is from Anglesey and not Ireland.
abit odd that you’re even questioning that. His niece has terminal illness. Get some respect.
Young021
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:48 pm

At the time of the offence nearly every man and his dog on here knew the victim, was related to the victim, had inside knowledge of the incident as their milkman delivered gold top to the victim’s mum’s house. So surely one of these ‘In the Know’ posters could ask the victim to see if the case has been settled or a date as to when it will be?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:51 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:At the time of the offence nearly every man and his dog on here knew the victim, was related to the victim, had inside knowledge of the incident as their milkman delivered gold top to the victim’s mum’s house. So surely one of these ‘In the Know’ posters could ask the victim to see if the case has been settled or a date as to when it will be?

I’ll ask again (third time) - where is the information or link referred to above.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:54 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:At the time of the offence nearly every man and his dog on here knew the victim, was related to the victim, had inside knowledge of the incident as their milkman delivered gold top to the victim’s mum’s house. So surely one of these ‘In the Know’ posters could ask the victim to see if the case has been settled or a date as to when it will be?

I’ll ask again (third time) - where is the information or link referred to above.

I don’t know, hence I ask asking those in the know to inform the masses. Don’t get shirty just because Boris has put you in tier 4.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:56 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:

I don’t know, hence I ask asking those in the know to inform the masses. Don’t get shirty just because Boris has put you in tier 4.

I wasn’t getting annoyed with you and I apologise if you read it like that, which was not my intention.
I was asking the poster above to provide the information on which the thread was based.
As I’m waiting for a Covid test result for a family member I will rise above your final comment.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:03 pm

How do you think Gonzo knows ? ;)
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:05 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:

I don’t know, do the other muppets tell him?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:06 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:

I wasn’t getting annoyed with you and I apologise if you read it like that, which was not my intention.
I was asking the poster above to provide the information on which the thread was based.
As I’m waiting for a Covid test result for a family member I will rise above your final comment.

Apology accepted and I apologise for the comment, especially as I should have been spending Christmas with Lenham Stag in Kent though that is now off....
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:09 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:

Apology accepted and I apologise for the comment, especially as I should have been spending Christmas with Lenham Stag in Kent though that is now off....

No worries at all. At cross purposes. Hopefully this will all be over soon.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:20 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:

I don’t know, do the other muppets tell him?

Good one
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:25 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:

I was going to MK Stagettes thats now gone pear shaped.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Gonzo » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:03 pm

Good friends with the dad of the lad who was beaten up, I asked the question he gave me that answer. It’s really that simple. But you don’t have to believe me you can carry on searching the internet if it makes you feel better.
Or maybe I heard it from derek who was shopping with his mum in Aldi and I overheard the convo with best mate while leaning over the chip freezer?
Gonzo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:11 pm

Gonzo wrote:Good friends with the dad of the lad who was beaten up, I asked the question he gave me that answer. It’s really that simple. But you don’t have to believe me you can carry on searching the internet if it makes you feel better.
Or maybe I heard it from derek who was shopping with his mum in Aldi and I overheard the convo with best mate while leaning over the chip freezer?

That Derek is always making stuff up. He told me London would be in Tier 2 for Christmas. :lol:
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum