{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

What the future holds ... perhaps?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: What the future holds ... perhaps?

Postby ParisStag » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:15 pm

I've mentioned this on here before, but my first game at Field Mill was April 28 1990 vs Crewe, aged 5.

A Stags player and a Crewe player were both sent off for fighting. I was sat in the Bish, directly in line with the West Stand tunnel. The Crewe player walked first and the Stags player followed him. I watched him run down the tunnel after him and jump on his back to finish what he'd started!

I'm celebrating 30 years this April!
Last edited by ParisStag on Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby DazMondo » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:16 pm

My first game on my own was versus Reading in 1976 we won 4-0 and Kev Bird scored all four. I had been previously in 73-74 season with my uncle.
Worst game for me, was the 2-5 defeat to Matlock, but this has been followed by literally hundreds of poor games and performances ever since. We are where we belong, with a few minor diversions along the way and a lot of great memories.
Wembley in 87, obviously and the celebrations after. Seeing all the Palace fans in top hats at Feld Mill in 78.
Over 16000 versus Sheffield Wednesday in 1980, when they had more than half of the crowd. The 2-2 draw at Rochdale in 1982-83 season when just 12 stags fans travelled, the game was played on a snow covered pitch on a Tuesday night. Then returning to our mini bus to find our wheels had been let down, and we were bricked by the locals whilst waiting.
Beating Leeds 1-0 at Elland Road.
George Fosters screamer versus Wigan.
Travelling back from Tranmere in a van with no windscreen in the early hours of a Tuesday morning.
Sitting in the old west stand seats staring into space wondering why the hell am I here, again.
Only to find my team still in the bottom half of div 4, 46 years later.
Help..
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sneag » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:32 pm

ParisStag wrote:I've mentioned this on here before, but my first game at Field Mill was April 28 1990 vs Crewe, aged 5.

A Stags player and a Crewe player were both sent off for fighting. I was sat in the Bish, directly in line with the West Stand tunnel. The Crewe player walked first and the Stags player followed him. I watched him run down the tunnel after him and jump on his back to finish what he'd started!

I'm celebrating 30 years this April!

Trevor Chistie beating the crap out of Dale Jasper. I must have been sat very near you, I had my two nephews with me, who were 7 & 9 at the time. They loved it. :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum