{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Surridge

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Surridge

Postby JLStag » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:06 pm

bellwhiff wrote:I used to own one of their cricket bats and it was a fine piece of willow

SS Jumbo was an absolute wand
JLStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby steiner » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:01 am

on a side note anyone else seen Coventry city new 2 tone ska inspired away kit...Has to be the coolest footy shirt ever.
Ironic tho considering Terry Hall is a ManU fan.
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:22 pm

JLStag wrote:Doesn’t matter who makes it. Fat old blokes wearing it in the stands is tragic

A minority do hold that opinion.

However it is nowhere near as tragic as someone who judges people based on what clothes they choose to wear. Imagine a "full grown human" thinking they know how another full grown adult should dress. It speaks more about the person making the comments than it does the person wearing the teams colours.

Also it's not as tragic as someone making up friends who work in places where people haven't been.

Can I ask, why do you hold that opinion? What is so tragic about it?

Wait....

Let me guess.....

I've called you out and now you've "got a bite" as response?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:36 pm

steiner wrote:on a side note anyone else seen Coventry city new 2 tone ska inspired away kit...Has to be the coolest footy shirt ever.

Ska was invented in Cov wasn't it? I agree about the shirt too. Maybe we can have an Alvin Stardust inspired design :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:47 pm

Rob wrote:
steiner wrote:on a side note anyone else seen Coventry city new 2 tone ska inspired away kit...Has to be the coolest footy shirt ever.

Ska was invented in Cov wasn't it? I agree about the shirt too. Maybe we can have an Alvin Stardust inspired design :lol:

Tight black leather may be your thing Rob, I for one don't have the figure for it anymore. Although I wouldn't mind seeing the newly enhanced Mrs. R modelling it. ;)
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:00 pm

Rob wrote:

No it’s Jamaican. The Specials (and other variants of their name) were from Coventry though.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:50 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:

No it’s Jamaican. The Specials (and other variants of their name) were from Coventry though.

Ska originated pre reggae in Jamaica in the 50s shortly before the Jamaican reggae explosion. They kind of merged in the late 60s in London and become the chosen music of the skinhead movement. The Specials and Two Tone sound came ten years later.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:52 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:

Ska originated pre reggae in Jamaica in the 50s shortly before the Jamaican reggae explosion. They kind of merged in the late 60s in London and become the chosen music of the skinhead movement. The Specials and Two Tone sound came ten years later.

Aha, I was probably thinking Two Tone was founded there. Loved the Specials back in the day.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:21 pm

Do we have any connection to Charleston SC Battery Football Stadium Charleston, South Carolina
because a Class signed shirt MTFC 1999/2000 season , as come up for auction ??

https://www.i-bidder.com/en-gb/auction- ... 4101611848

Also a shirt on ebay made by Surridge donated by Danny Danny rose ,be great for the Man beast cave :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum