{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tonight's games.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Tonight's games.

Postby adamstag » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:36 pm

Love how Macclesfield - with a dodgy as raspberry owner, players gone on strike, a former manager suing them, them being docked 6 points - yet are still above our spineless bunch of raspberry
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:38 pm

adamstag wrote:Love how Macclesfield - with a dodgy as raspberry owner, players gone on strike, a former manager suing them, them being docked 6 points - yet are still above our spineless bunch of raspberry

And they're still somehow attracting players to sign for them, despite all the unpaid wage fiascos. These next few weeks are crucial, we are getting dragged into a relegation battle now.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:38 pm

Crewe equaliser.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:40 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Crewe equaliser.

makes things look a little better, it's still not good though. need to start picking up points sooner rather than later, let's hope we can put a end to our garbage home form on Saturday.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:41 pm

Crewe scored
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:42 pm

Bit of luck there, was looking pretty grim.

Still is mind when you consider our form. Goes without saying but we need to stop the rot ASAP.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:44 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Bit of luck there, was looking pretty grim.

Still is mind when you consider our form. Goes without saying but we need to stop the rot ASAP.

I really hope we can stop the rot at home on Saturday. Bradford are awful away I think, but we're also awful at home so it'll probably be 0-0 :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:46 pm

20th!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:48 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

I really hope we can stop the rot at home on Saturday. Bradford are awful away I think, but we're also awful at home so it'll probably be 0-0 :lol:

Not won away since the beginning of October.

Not won away forever? Well you’re in luck you’re at Mansfield next. We all know that means a Bradford win. :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:51 pm

adamstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Not won away since the beginning of October.

Not won away forever? Well you’re in luck you’re at Mansfield next. We all know that means a Bradford win. :lol:

We're Mansfield and we always put an end to other teams' poor runs
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:06 pm

We will get something on Saturday I think.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:13 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Not a chance Bradford don’t score at least one goal shooting towards their packed away end second half. Don’t remember the last time a team didn’t score shooting towards their fans at our place when they bring a large following :lol:
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:15 pm

FT: Macclesfield Town 1 Crewe Alexandra 1
Attendance: 2,435 (1,222 from Crewe)
Possession: 37% v 63%
Shots: 8 v 13
Shots on target: 2 v 1
Corners: 7 v 10

2nd Half
Macclesfield were well on top until 51 minutes and looked likely to add to their lead. Oli Finney then replaced Paul Green and Crewe suddenly started to get going and it was all Crewe until the final whistle. There were some great blocks in the area by Fiacre Kelleher and David Fitzpatrick to deny Crewe goals. Perry Ng should have equalised with the goal gaping when a free kick was floated into the box. It only needed a little touch but he put it wide. Macclesfield started to run out of steam which gave Crewe more space to pass the ball. Mark Kennedy brought on Nathan Cameron for Macclesfield to go five at the back. Apparently he struggles to start two games in a row. Crewe should have had a penalty on 82 minutes when Oli Finney was about to score and was barged over by Jed O'Keefe. Crewe equalised from their 10th corner with virtually the last kick of the game on 95 minutes. I think it was Fiacre Kelleher who missed the header from the corner and Callum Ainley bundled it in. Scenes behind the goal with flares and Crewe fans on the pitch. Someone also chucked a bottle. Kelleher was booked afterwards probably for some argy bargy with the Crewe players. Crewe now have won 18 points from losing positions. Oli Finney was excellent and changed the game for Crewe. He was their Man of the Match. Charlie Kirk was very disappointing. He played very deep and was subbed on 78 minutes for Callum Ainley. Ryan Wintle keeps things ticking over for Crewe in the middle. I like him as a holding midfield player because he just keeps it simple and just passes and moves into space to receive the next pass.

Fiacre Kelleher had a solid game winning plenty of headers but I think he was at fault for the equaliser as he seemed to miss the first header from the corner. Physically he reminds me of John McCombe. The other centre half, Fraser Horsfall, had a good game. He made one mistake giving the ball away to Finney but he battled back to block the cross for the corner.

David Artell described the first 45 minutes as crap and the worst football he had seen this season. He said Oli Finney should have had a penalty. He said that the ref said that Finney initiated contact but, in Swiss Tony style, David Artell said Finney was about to score and "why would you get out of bed when you are next to a naked woman?". He agreed that Oli Finney changed the game together with Callum Ainley and Owen Dale when they came on as subs. He said that Macclesfield will not be in the relegation scrap. Macclesfield have only lost one home game and that was against Morecambe!!
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:16 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Not a chance Bradford don’t score at least one goal shooting towards their packed away end second half. Don’t remember the last time a team didn’t score shooting towards their fans at our place when they bring a large following :lol:

we need to keep a clean sheet sooner or later, but if Preston starts there's not much chance of that happening. The performances have been improving gradually, but the results haven't. Let's hope that changes on Saturday.

Let's also hope we get that defender from Macc in before Saturday!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:24 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:Let's also hope we get that defender from Macc in before Saturday!

I think he missed the header from Crewe's corner for their equaliser! :lol:

Macclesfield have only conceded 9 games at home all season though.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:28 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:Let's also hope we get that defender from Macc in before Saturday!

I think he missed the header from Crewe's corner for their equaliser! :lol:

Macclesfield have only conceded 9 games at home all season though.

We’ve conceded that in nearly 2 games :lol:
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:05 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Oldham
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:13 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:17 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:highlights Macc v Crewe: https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... -1-1-crewe

definitely a mistake from Kelleher for the equaliser, as Tippy said.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:18 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:30 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:highlights ColU v Bradford: https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... 0-bradford

Eoin Doyle - 23 goals in 22 league starts for Swindon......0 goals in 3 league starts for Bradford :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:34 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:highlights ColU v Bradford: https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... 0-bradford

Eoin Doyle - 23 goals in 22 league starts for Swindon......0 goals in 3 league starts for Bradford :lol:

don't laugh too loud Tippy ...
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:43 pm

highlights O's Cobblers: https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... orthampton

Worth watching for a right old ruck at the end.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sweden Stag » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:08 am

Elsewhere, Charles Breakspear dished out his TWELFTH red card this season yesterday when he sent off a Wycombe player early on at Peterborough. Breakspear, whom we thankfully have avoided so far this season (his display at Newport in the first leg of the playoff semifinal at Newport last season in a game I watched on telly will NEVER br forgotten) has in 23 games dished out exactly 100 yellow cards and TWELVE red ones. In League Two, I think both clubs by the FA following the mass brawl at the end of the Leyton Orient v Northampton game.
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:01 am

Martin Shaw wrote:highlights O's Cobblers: https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... orthampton

Worth watching for a right old ruck at the end.

This ‘Ruck’ is one of the things wrong with modern football. Not a punch thrown from what I could see, no one being ploughed into the ground or over the boards just a lot of man-boys shoving each other. One player is laid on the edge of the penalty area holding himself when there is sod all wrong with him.

More like a coming together of the big girls blouse society, which regretfully is something we see every game. A bit like when a player holds the ball to delay a retake and another tries half arsedly to take it off him. It uses up time, one side calls it gamesmanship and another calls it raspberry.

Would be nice if men could behave like men. I remember Trevor Christie sorting out one of his disputes old style.......
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum